Can we normalize bloodpoint gains for every killer?

Options
Reinami
Reinami Member Posts: 5,156
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

What i mean by this is, there are some killers who don't get very many bloodpoints due to the nature of how their power works. Some killers have ways to compensate for this. The biggest example is Ghostface, when he uses his power to mark a survivor, and hits them, instead of getting the normal "Hit" scoring event for brutality for 300 bloodpoints. He gets a "Marked Stab" scoring event IN ADDITION TO "Hit" that is worth 500 + 300 (for the hit). The Oni has a similar scoring event called "Demon Strike" Which also awards 500 bloodpoints when hitting a survivor while using your power.

Yet we see many killers who have 1 hit downs or powers that are tied to certain mechanics be cheated out of bloodpoints for them. For example:

• Leatherface
  • Myers
  • Hillbilly

These 3 killers have an ability that allows them to get a 1 hit down. However, when they all use this ability, they only get the 300 brutality from the "Hit" scoring event. Why don't they get something similar to Ghostface when they use their power so they can not lose out on potential bloodpoints?

The plague is the worst one of all. A strategy many survivors use is to not cleanse against a plague until late game where they do it all at once. In doing so, plague gets very little deviousness points, but also very little brutality. Because she is hitting survivors who are injured, she loses out on 300 brutality in every chase.

In order to fix this, i'd propose the following:

Leatherface and Hillbilly:

• Downing a survivor with a chainsaw hit now awards an additional scoring event called "Chainsaw Down" which awards an additional 500 Brutality

Myers:

• Hitting a survivor while in Evil Within tier 3 awards an additional scoring event called "Evil Stab" Which awards an additional 500 Brutality.

Plague:

• Hitting a survivor who has the maximum infected status awards an additional scoring event called "Infected Hit" which awards an additional 500 Brutality (this replaces the old "Sickness Damage" scoring event)
  • Every few seconds, if a survivor has the maximum infection level, a scoring event called "Sickness" which awards 200 Deviousness points.

I'm sure there are other killers in similar situation, i'm not sure about trapper for example, but they should also get a similar bonus.

Post edited by Reinami on

Comments