The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Failed To Join The Game

Comments

• rebelhunter316
    rebelhunter316 Member Posts: 102

@Khalednazari I'm glad somebody from the forms responded to this. Let's just hope it's doesn't take too long. this whole waiting 2 minutes just to join a new game is becoming ridiculous.

• dacanesta
    dacanesta Member Posts: 5

Add me as another that this is happening to. After every match I can’t go back in for either a long time, or if I go out and ‘test internet connection’ It lets me do it after that.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433

@dacanesta said:
    Add me as another that this is happening to. After every match I can’t go back in for either a long time, or if I go out and ‘test internet connection’ It lets me do it after that.

Thank you for your input. I will surely test it out if that helps. Do you remember any action that you think might have caused this issue for you?

• CrimsonPuppeteer
    CrimsonPuppeteer Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 22
    edited September 2018
    Is It possible that this is related to the shrine of secrets? As I and all of my friends got this problem after buying perks from the shrine? No idea if this is true, just an idea
  • Khalednazari

@CrimsonPuppeteer said:
    Is It possible that this is related to the shrine of secrets? As I and all of my friends got this problem after buying perks from the shrine? No idea if this is true, just an idea

Well, I am not sure, but I can say that this problem started after the shrine update. I did check the shrine before playing my first game, so... it's a possibility that even checking the shrine may lead this? Need to confirm this.

• foiledfury
    foiledfury Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2018

Hi all, I have been having this issue as well since last weekend. I have never had this issue before, so it's new for me. This issue however started around the time I faced a different issue altogether, as around the time (1 minute to go) a new daily ritual is given I was watching the daily ritual screen. When I removed a daily ritual I never received a replacement ritual for it. I had one ritual removed it and then I had zero rituals. The next day I had the failed to join game error. I don't know if one triggered the other, or if it is just poor luck.

I am playing with an ethernet cable setup, I will test wifi connection shortly too and let you know the results

• Khalednazari
    @foiledfury sure! The shrine and the daily ritual update at the same time.
  • Fumbipedia
    Fumbipedia Member Posts: 15
    It's happening to me since they released the new trapper cosmetic.
  • CodyJia
    CodyJia Member Posts: 37
    Wasn't it the same day the shrine was updated??
  • rebelhunter316

@CodyJia said:
    Fumbipedia said:

I think you guys may have a point. I haven't had an issue ever since 3 days ago. It might be the Trapper update or possibly the shrine.

• Perico
    Perico Member Posts: 5
    Same here. Playing on ps4
  • Khalednazari
    Up
  • CeeJaylx
    CeeJaylx Member Posts: 27

It's affecting both Playstation & XBOX One. My nephew and I both witnessed it on our consoles, and come here trying to see if anyone else had the same issue. I'm just seeing this post, which should probably be in "Technical Issues" there's another post addressing this issue there as well.

• Khalednazari
    CeeJaylx said:

It's affecting both Playstation & XBOX One. My nephew and I both witnessed it on our consoles, and come here trying to see if anyone else had the same issue. I'm just seeing this post, which should probably be in "Technical Issues" there's another post addressing this issue there as well.

Thank you. The reason it's in the general forums is to give it more exposure. There are already multiple threads in the PS4 Bug List section. Thank you for bringing to light that xbox is affected, too. I will update the opening post. 
  • CodyJia
    CodyJia Member Posts: 37

@rebelhunter316 said:

@CodyJia said:
    Fumbipedia said:

I think you guys may have a point. I haven't had an issue ever since 3 days ago. It might be the Trapper update or possibly the shrine.

I guess.

• dpds
    dpds Member Posts: 52
    And the issue is still there... 
  • rebelhunter316
    dpds said:
    And the issue is still there... 
    Just hope they can recreate the problem we're having. But what queen says they're not able to right now.
  • kennethrmarple
    kennethrmarple Member Posts: 14
    I know that a ps4 patch update for the system itself was released, maybe that has something to do with it. Regardless, this issue is very tedious to deal with.

• rebelhunter316
    Update. It seems the issue has be resolved. I not having the circle pop up after I leave a game. I will keep you informed if that changes.
  • rebelhunter316
    Update again. It saw a fluke. The circle is back. It seems it happens during long games. Maybe...
  • dacanesta

Happening for me too. Timed it: it feels a hell of a lot longer but it’s 1min and 15-20 secs. Way to make it slightly quicker is to go to PS menu, go to Test Internet Connection, run that, after IP address checked you can cancel out and go back to the game. It’ll tell you the connection was lost and then you can get back to the main menus. Probably saves you about 20 seconds but at least you feel proactive....

• Khalednazari
    edited October 2018
    I switched to my WiFi and played a game. I did not have this issue. But then again, my WiFi and my LAN are two different ISP connections. I don't know how is that making a difference, but it works. Also, this game is unplayable on WiFi. I have to stick to my wired connection sadly. 
  • foiledfury
    foiledfury Member Posts: 9

@Khalednazari said:
    I switched to my WiFi and played a game. I did not have this issue. But then again, my WiFi and my LAN are two different ISP connections. I don't know how is that making a difference, but it works. Also, this game is unplayable on WiFi. I have to stick to my wired connection sadly. 

So I finally tried wifi and it also affects me there, so no difference for me. I do believe that father time is a factor, as short matches don't give the issue. Reinstall did not work for me. I just hope that the next shrine update fixes it (fingers crossed) if they cant reproduce it

• Khalednazari

@Khalednazari said:

So I finally tried wifi and it also affects me there, so no difference for me. I do believe that father time is a factor, as short matches don't give the issue. Reinstall did not work for me. I just hope that the next shrine update fixes it (fingers crossed) if they cant reproduce it

Yes. I am hoping it gets auto-fixed with the next shrine update. 
  • rebelhunter316
    Is very weird if it's a Wi-Fi issue. LAN not having the issue. But if it was a Wi-Fi issue then a lot of people would be posting on this forms not just a few. It's a possible theory though and possible cause of the issue.
  • BudTheSlug
    BudTheSlug Member Posts: 4
    I get it wifi but my friend who gets it is wired. We are both Spectrum isp.
  • Khalednazari
    It's Day 7.
  • not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

I'll follow up with the team with this today.
    As I said before, our issue right now is that we can't reproduce the bug and that prevents us from finding the fix.

• Khalednazari
    edited October 2018
    not_Queen said:

I'll follow up with the team with this today.
    As I said before, our issue right now is that we can't reproduce the bug and that prevents us from finding the fix.

Thank you!

P.S :

You're awesome @not_Queen <3
  • not_Queen

So the situation is still the same, no repro which means we are still at the same point as last week.
    Let me see with the team if it would help to inspect some community cases!

• Khalednazari
    not_Queen said:

So the situation is still the same, no repro which means we are still at the same point as last week.
    Let me see with the team if it would help to inspect some community cases!

@not_Queen I can only provide with the following points :

1. Not every PS4 player is affected.
    2. Timeline of 1st occurance is after the Shrine update last week.
    3. Re-installing the game hasn't worked.
    4. So far only I have experienced this, that whenever I switch from my LAN to WiFi, the issue disappears. (My LAN and WiFi are different ISPs) 
  • not_Queen

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/23123/failed-to-join-the-game-community-cases/p1?new=1

Please send us specifics on your case here, it will help the team investigate the problem.

• Khalednazari
    edited October 2018
    You commented in this thread. I tagged all those who posted a comment. 
  • Fumbipedia
    Fumbipedia Member Posts: 15
    My game froze after I purchased the new trapper cosmetic on Wednesday. Since then I'm having this circle.
  • Khalednazari
    My game froze after I purchased the new trapper cosmetic on Wednesday. Since then I'm having this circle.
    Post the details they need here. This is an official thread. 
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/23123/failed-to-join-the-game-community-cases/p1?new=1
  • dacanesta

@Khalednazari said:

@dacanesta said:

Thank you for your input. I will surely test it out if that helps. Do you remember any action that you think might have caused this issue for you?

I don't. I came out of a game once and I think it said there was a save issue so it didnt save my bloodpoints for the previous round and perhaps since then? Otherwise no, I dont know!

• Khalednazari
    dacanesta said:

@Khalednazari said:

@dacanesta said:

I don't. I came out of a game once and I think it said there was a save issue so it didnt save my bloodpoints for the previous round and perhaps since then? Otherwise no, I dont know!

Okay. Thanks. Btw, kindly edit your post in the main thread in the same format everyone else has posted. Try to fill out all the details not_Queen has asked for.

• aplo
    aplo Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018

Have the same issue. PS4 Pro. Never happens when host (not me) disconnects.

• Khalednazari
    aplo said:

Have the same issue. PS4 Pro. Never happens when host disconnects.

It's a bug. Presently, the developers are examining the community cases. You should contribute by posting the details in the format the devs have asked for in the thread below. This will help the devs to understand and resolve the issue. Thanks. 

• Jade
    Jade Member Posts: 2

I'm still facing this issue, have been for some time now its very frustrating since I have to wait multiple minutes to even attempt to join a game ;_;

• Ghost1301
    Ghost1301 Member Posts: 5

******Player Cloud ID****** - dddd47d0-9aee-11e7-b8a9-970ca2b0a061 - PS4

It's been 1 month or so since I'm having this problem and I'm back to playing DBD ...

I would like to mention that not only in DBD but also in other games that are online (Rainbow Six Siege and BF1).

Sorry for mentioning these games here, but I wonder if someone is having this same problem in other games too ...

I think it's the last update of PS4 ...

Before sending this message, I made connection of my PS4 over wifi and still continues with the same problem.

Tomorrow I will go to my brother's house to test his network and bring answers.

I thank everyone for their attention!

Original Message

Faz 1 mês mais ou menos que estou tendo este problema e voltei a jogar DBD...

Gostaria de mencionar que não só no DBD como também em outros jogos que seja online (Rainbow Six Siege e BF1).

Perdoem mencionar estes jogos aqui, mas gostaria de saber se alguém está tendo este mesmo problema em outros jogos também...

Acredito que seja a ultima atualização do PS4...

Antes de enviar esta mensagem, realizei conexão do meu PS4 por wifi e ainda continua com o mesmo problema.

Amanhã irei na casa do meu irmão para testar a rede dele e trarei respostas.

Agradeço a atenção de todos!

• Khalednazari
    @Ghost1301 The developers are working towards a fix for that. Let's hope it gets fixed soon. 
  • Ghost1301

ID - dddd47d0-9aee-11e7-b8a9-970ca2b0a061

Good afternoon,
    I have just performed the update for 2.3.0 in DBD ... however I now get the following message "Can not connect to online. Please try again later" Error code: 8001

• Daddy_Doctor
    Daddy_Doctor Member Posts: 158
    edited October 2018

@Ghost1301 psn is down, if you play on ps4.

• Ghost1301

Many thanks @Daddy_Doctor, you know if this "2.3.0" update fixed the problem of FAILED TO JOIN THE GAME ???

• Khalednazari
    Ghost1301 said:

Many thanks @Daddy_Doctor, you know if this "2.3.0" update fixed the problem of FAILED TO JOIN THE GAME ???

I don't think so. Its not included in the patch notes. I read it. 
  • Perico
    Perico Member Posts: 5
    Ghost1301 said:

I don't think so. Its not included in the patch notes. I read it. 
    The issue persist
  • rebelhunter316

@Ghost1301 psn is down, if you play on ps4.

It still down?