Dear Survivors, Stop wasting perk slots for DS at high ranks

Options

I have run into two DS's in the last thirty games and the people that ran it hit me with it at the exit gate and escaped. This is not why I'm telling you it's a bad perk at high ranks though. I'm telling you to stop using it because majority of the times you use it when the exit gates aren't open it can help the killer out ALOT, and if you DS him and he needs you dead he can power through it and take the extra ten-fifteen seconds it takes to down you again then hook you. Run another perk that isn't just useful at brown ranks like spine chill or deliverence.

Comments

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    Options

You presume that survivors are only gonna last 10-15 seconds after using DS and that the killer will keep chasing after you've used it.

Also, your argument doesn't actually make sense. You're basically saying 'don't run DS because it is only a minor inconvenience if killers decide to tunnel you'... of course DS would better the situation if you are being tunneld. Not everyone goes down after a 10 second chase! A good survivor against a loopable killer could waste another minute or so, even if it means wasting a bunch of pallets.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

Stun and grasp escape = 1000+ bp . I never ever miss my chance to get it, even IF I need to dobyblock to death. :^) And, if killer still leave me on floor, ok, I recover and Soul Guard away. Noice.

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241
    Options

Oh I wish DS is removed for the game, but replaced with something to counter tunneling one survivor to do a 3vs1

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,296
    Options

Even if they DS and then run in a straight line into the middle of nowhere it'd probably take the killer more time than that to physically catch up to them though. If they make distance and then go to a loop they should last longer.

And to put it that way, it's not uncommon that after a match with no obsession in it I'm left thinking "Okay, I kinda want to run DS now" after what happened in said match 😄

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

In solo, I will always run DS for the sole purpose of having an obsession and for that it's also more useful than any of the other obsession perks. You still do get tunneled somewhat frequently even in the red ranks, especially if you looped the killer successfully for some time. The killer could either be tilting, purposefully trying to eat DS, or simply making poor decisions.

Probably not happening. They would have to address the whole camping/tunneling dynamic and that would open a whole can of worms. Plus, they've even introduced stuff into the game that does encourage or reward that kind of style. They would have to make too many radical changes. They're content with their current band-aid fixes, which are called BT and DS.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I don't run it myself but I can safely say that DS can still work really well in red ranks so i'm not sure where you're coming from with this.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

Current DS is the same as pre nerf MoM in that they are both second chance crutch perks that reward failure. By that reasoning as MoM was nerfed into extinction so too should DS be.

Both are also obtained through either purchase of premium characters (pay 2 win) or waiting however many months it takes for them to appear in the Shrine of Secrets for purchase via Iridescent Shard currency earned in game.

So aside from that small window of opportunity the plain and simple fact is that DS is pay 2 win and needs to be nerfed in line with other OP pay 2 win perks such as MoM

This will never happen though because of profit. Though I don't understand why MoM p2w aspect was nerfed when the DS crutch runs free reign as again they are essentially the same failure rewarding perks.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

Come on, its only farming. Stunned killers also allow one or two flashilght blinds (some even moar). 500bp is 500bp! Dont forget that WGLF will double it all. I love to burn out killers eyeballs. <3

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266
    Options

Survivors can ds away for all I care. I've had many instances where I just down them again and hook them especially while they're in the exit gate. So, ds, bt, ub doesnt phase me.

• LittilAvindar
    LittilAvindar Member Posts: 255
    edited August 2020
    Options

People still complaining about decisive strike and calling it a reward for failure. Failure for what, exactly? You realize it's pretty inevitable if a semi-decent killer chases you long enough, that they will catch you, purely from the 3 stacks of blood-lust, right? So, what you're saying is that, even though chases are pretty obviously stacked in favor of killers, that if they decide to hook and tunnel you, then that's it? You shouldn't get the opportunity to actually get back in the game? Survivors have to be skilled enough to juke a killer to the point they can't pick them back up (and any killer with a beginner's level of experience can avoid being juked), or they should just take the inevitable loss? I'm just tired of hearing killer mains call tunneling and camping a "strategy," while arguing against any implemented means to combat that. No, there being 4 survivors to 1 killer is not reason enough. I've pointed out time and again that because there is no survivor-side communication, unless you're a SFW, survivors can also completely ruin your game.

And yes, I'll keep bringing it up every time I hear people complain about decisive. NOED still exists. If a killer can't kill anyone before the 5 gens are done and the doors are opened, why should they be handed a series of instant downs? Once again, this is all purely political from the killer/survivor standpoint. People think Ruin and NOED are unfair, people think Decisive and BT are unfair, and I think Pyramid Head's carved trail still being bugged is unfair. There are priorities here. Devs need to stop adding new killers, systems, and content until they get the basic bugs worked out. It's been a long ask for many people. I'm fairly new, and I'm familiar with most of them by now. Some of them are legit game-breaking.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,266
    Options

Most maps and survivor perks and items don't allow killers to play nice unless they're using super high tier stuff all the time and survivors make a lot of mistakes. One instance where you find a survivor two times in a row and think "Maybe I should be nice and let them go" can actually cost you the game. You need constant momentum if survivors know what they're doing. A lot of these perks encourage killer players to play like jerks.

if I see an obsession they're going to eat dirt for 60 seconds while I slug other survivors. Not worth the stress of falling behind and playing catch up just because of one perk. If I have a chance I'll even immediately tunnel off hook just to proc DS early. That's how much of a nuisance it is.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442
    Options

It’s an asymmetric game. A killer is faster and will eventually down you. DS helps an individual survivor versus a killer that focuses solely on them. Also it’s more frequently the survivor teams fault that a survivor needs DS than the killers fault. If you are a solo q player, you can get shafted by potatoes or SWFs. There’s nothing wrong with a player using the perk. There are issues with DS abuse. That is a separate issue from this thread

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,260
    Options

intended purpose mean not to get tunnel your the only one more use it in EGC to bully the killer.

look at this sweaty fool.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

My version of "bullying" a killer is quite different. I'm a thorn in the side, not the one flashlighting at a pallet or abusing DS, UB and BT.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

Or maybe we can let people use whatever perks they want without shaming? I know it’s probably a foreign concept to most of you. But just run with it.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533
    Options

My technique is always running an Obsession Perk that isn't DS. Because the Killer will always have to play around the the possibility of a DS. And at high ranks Killers worship DS and slug 90% of the time unless you make a locker play or something

• Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123
    Options

I'm not saying that the killer will 100% keep tunnelling you, he may just eat it and leave you be so he gets it out of the game and he can go chase another survivor.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Because a good survivor will get hit in 15 seconds. Seems legit.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Don't tell me what to do >:)

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317
    Options

How...is that toxic. It's just point farming. And that's from a killer main.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

Stop wasting a perk slot on DS?... Not sure if this is a troll post or serious. If it's end game and you decide to hook me/camp me; you can be damn sure im telling my team to farm me off the hook. DS/Dead Hard/Tenacity is an easy escape at end game and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

• BillIsBestBoi
    BillIsBestBoi Member Posts: 30
    Options

DS and unbreakable=good. Spirit with stridor=bad

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706
    Options

Damn if the killer don't see any obsession, you'd be sure to be tunnelled everytime, I bless my teammates who always manage to have at least one DS.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

wait you can save it ? i thought that if you missed the let the skill check alone it's just disabled your perk ? i don't run DS but since i still need to my Adept Laurie it would be a good information to have ^^

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Yes if you don’t attempt to hit it, it will still be available for use. It’s happened to me countless times.

• drakonukaris
    drakonukaris Member Posts: 132
    Options

I played this game for ages and never knew that, thanks bro.

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275
    Options

I'm a killer main too. Who cares? Using DS agressively is obviously toxic

• Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123
    Options

You talk like an ######### survivor main yet your picture is legion. I'm not sure if you're aware but Legion can't use flashlights and Nea isn't a killer, pal.