Bond and Kindred really make you dislike your teammates

Options

Man, as a solo survivor these perks are both a blessing and a curse... mostly a curse.

You get chased for a couple minutes, wonder why no gens are popping, go down and SIGH you see two teammates crouching behind a bush halfway across the map and one actually doing a gen.

Or you're working on a gen, see a teammate get hooked across the map and Kindred shows you one teammate hiding behind a tree afraid to go for the save but yet unwilling to just leave and do a gen. Meanwhile the last teammate pops out of a locker like 20 seconds later well well past BBQ hiding time.

And this is at red rank, I know ranks don't matter but come on by red you have enough hours to not do this... or do you?

Comments

• TrialByFire476
    TrialByFire476 Member Posts: 100
    Options

Well, I'd like to say people should know all of this, but they don't. I liked the MMR system because I was finally getting good teammates and decent killers. That's the only reason I wanted MMR. I play at red ranks consistently and I'm so tired of getting potatoes for teammates.

When I get into a match, it's usually against a good killer. I run the killer around for a while and when I'm finally hooked, I see one of them Urban Evasioning around, the second jumps into a locker (too late to counter BBQ), and the third MIGHT be working on a generator.

They also like to pull me off the hook in front of the killer without BT. If they don't do that, they run around the hooked person while getting chased. I love this game, but it's unbearably frustrating to play sometimes.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

I definitely love running Kindred now that it’s been buffed but I certainly have games where I wish I hadn’t bothered to use it.

I remember in one game I was on a hook and 1 survivor was CLEARLY being chased by their erratic movements, constant vaulting and throwing down pallets. What did the other 2 survivors do? Both sit on separate generators on the opposite side of the map leaving me to go to struggle on my first hook. So out of spite I waited for one of them to eventually come to get me and then let go of struggle in their face. Felt good. 😂

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636
    Options

I use Kindred most of the time, extremely useful. I use to use Alert but that made me die inside, watching the Killer break pallets is so heartbreaking, so many wasteful pallets.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,070
    Options

Yeah and you basically have to have Kindred on if you want to be quasi-useful in solo so you get to see how potatoey your team is constantly :(

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I’ve come to the conclusion that many people, when they reach red ranks, just hand the game over to their kid siblings for a few hours to help them de-rank.

It’s a win-win. Kid has fun and you’re seen as the cool guy for sharing your game. And then when you play again, you’re below the threshold of the every-match-sweat-fest!

• TheLastGreatStar
    Options

It’s funny you say this as me and my friend joked about this last night. We were certain we were against a rank 20 killer because of the MMR but when the match ended it was a rank 1 and I just don’t believe it for one second. Somebody else was definitely on their account lol.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

LOL thanks for making me laugh first thing this morning!!! Looks my puppy is going to be playing for me a bit today.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

Honestly what triggers me more in solo queue is seeing all my teammates doing all the outside generators first, and I'm the only one trying to prevent us from a terrible 3 gen scenario later on by doing the more difficult gens in the center of the map first.

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706
    Options

Kindred at least make them eachothers know how bad they are too.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options
  • johnmwarner
    Options

That I can at least accept, since it’s kind of advanced thinking... I mean not super high level but not intuitive. As long as they’re working on something I count it as a win lol.

• johnmwarner
    Options

I think the most infuriating is when they won’t leave a gen to come save you, but then for the rest of the game you never see them on a gen again even if they’re nowhere near the killer. It’s like they did their one gen now they’re just hiding for the gates to be opened.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

I hate Bond because every teammate I've had that runs it will run the killer to/around you while you're trying to work on a gen. It won't even be their 3rd hook, will be first hook of the entire match. And they'll keep doing it through out the match.

Kindred if I run it will be to help me in saving people on the hook but it's never helped me while on the hook. I either get people that rush the hook without BT to save in front of the killer even though they could see the killer was still in area or I get left there until just before I die (or do die) because no one is making a move to the hook.

• TheLastGreatStar
    Options

Sometimes with Bond it can be difficult. As I’ve had it before where I’m running to a certain location to loop the killer and then I realise another teammate is there on a gen. But it’s too late for me to turn around and I have to keep heading towards them. To that player it could look like I intentionally used Bond to lead the killer to them, but it wasn’t the case.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

Can tell accident v purpose, especially if it keeps happening through out the match.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

Bond is super funny but a curse also.. Most the time I'm giggling to myself like what are these people doing then the laughter fades and you know your screwed..

@bm33 I normally use bond to see what my team mates are doing.. Or not doing lol and so I can do a good job at looping while not bringing the killer to my team mates.

🐷💖

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Honestly if I run Kindred it's to help me plan hook saves. I don't run it expecting my team to be smart enough to use the information to save me.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

Ranks matter, I have always thought this no matter what people say.

The problem is that 20 ranks don't actually show the real skill level of players. We'd need like 10 or 20 more ranks.

Also, resetting the ranks each month is too quick for me. Maybe every 3 months would be okay.

The only scenario where ranks don't matter, is at rank reset. After this, ranks matter.

• micha_beck
    micha_beck Member Posts: 78
    Options

😂

Shit, I was thinking the same. I keep thinking "don't just sit there! Killer is miles away!"

They are mostly newer players though. And I remember being the same in that beginning. So, I don't really blame them.

• RelentlessShadows009
    RelentlessShadows009 Member Posts: 192
    Options

I know what you mean. I've had plenty of matches with rank 1 killers who didn't seem to know what they were doing. Having played games with little cousins and such, it's very obvious it's a kid.