Adding mics to the game?

BillyMain77
BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

I know everybody says swf is op and some times it is, but the majority of the time its just friends playing together. Its not always a god tier sweat team.

On that note why dont we have mics in the game? They should just add mics and allow the killer to hear the survivors mic when within a certain distance.

It wouldnt completely fix the swf problem but it would make solo que more enjoyable i think and as killer you would get more info throughout the game, as well if the killer could talk back it would intensify the chase as the killer would be able to scare the survivor as well as opening up more mind games. Survivors could say over comms the killer is near me im hiding in a locker when their really hiding behind a tree ect.

The games would be harder but i think overall more enjoyable.

Lets face it they cant remove 4 people from a party chat and to be honest the game is boring after you've played 100s of solo que games.

Just wanted to hear everybodys thoughts.

Comments

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

This is brought up every other day.

Nobody wants to deal with having to listen to: toxic people, 12 year olds, angry people, mic spammers, memers, and griefers. If you want to use mics with friends, discord exists already. I for one wouldn't put up with having to listen to all of the idiot man-children that make up a large portion of this game's community.

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

I mean thats part of the game. If your playing any online game your going to run into those and you would always have the option to mute players or turn off your mic so you wouldnt have to hear them.

• teamdehn
    teamdehn Member Posts: 222

This works on literally every other multi-player game. You can mute or opt out but not having an in game is the single reason why solo queue cannot begin to compete with swf

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i don't blame you but they could add a mute to everything.

• Eli_The_Fox
    Eli_The_Fox Member Posts: 23

I would like them to add voice chat in game, it would be nice for solos to be able to communicate to each others so it could help those.

It could also bring a lot of fun interactions to the game. Could also bring a lot of toxicity from SWFs as well but as long as there is an option to mute people then it should be fine.

Im not sure why devs haven't added it tbh, if they have given a reason anywhere someone let me know lol

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

I mean, as long as they added an opt out option I'd be fine with it. I honestly have no desire to listen to NoobSmasher56 berate the whole team because they got downed in 5 seconds, but as long as i had that magical button I wouldn't really care if they implemented it.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    edited August 2020

Just like crossplay, you should be able to disable it easily. My suggest would be to alt + left cllick the survivor panels on the bottom left in the match to quick mute a player. Mic's are needed to balance the game. Once solo queues can speak the entire game is basically swf.

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372

the devs have already answered this. They said they will never add proximity chat to the game. And if they did they would have an option for it to be a CHOICE. So you can turn it off an on. And 2 devs said they would turn theirs off. So it still wouldn't help.

• Mozzie

I believe this answer came a long time ago. I would hope by now they would come to the realization that mics in the game are a necessity to actually balance the game.

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372

They Haven't. Peanits and Almo said just about 3 months ago again, it wouldn't be happening and still said they would always opt out. Im glad too. Many would opt out. I only wanna hear who I allow in my party

• Mozzie

That's pretty unfortunate, but based on their most recent questionable decisions I shouldn't be surprised.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

You don't need to be a sweat squad to dominate killers. A simple 'Myers heading your way' and 'trap to the left' can throw off any killer. Simply saying 'just friends playing with friends' is not a good enough reason.

The game isn't balanced around comms. Reason why SWF is over the top. If they did allow comms, an overhaul would be required. Not to mention the squeeker on the hook screaming at me to save them when I'm doing last gen. . .

• Mozzie

The have an official discord for DBD, you can't put the genie back in the bottle. They just need to embrace that comms are always going to be a thing with the game, implement it from within and balance around it.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

I wish they would. It would make the game easier to balance but make mute buttons. It would also be a lot of fun to see someone run past me while being chased and tell the person to not die xD

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I agree. The devs don't. They refuse to do any balancing around SWF. And if they refuse to do that, then how can you expect them to do it by adding comms?

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

I'm quite content to not hear how my mum has slept with various players in full surround sound thanks.

Some may like it, but for me it would destroy the experience.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited August 2020

I swear only the DbD community would argue against a useful feature that is in every multiplayer game lmao

In game voice chat has been an industry standard for over a decade.

• Mozzie
    edited August 2020

Yes, it's quite frustrating. They'll unlikely never implement it if it isn't a highly requested feature. Everyone complains about SWF on these forums but disagree on the obvious solution to them.