complaining about Crossplay

if its such a problem turn it off. noone is forcing you to play with PC if youre on console and nobody on Console cares if youre from PC or not.

I see complaints about "only these killers" "everyone is tryhard" trust me we know this isnt new to us but unfortunately some ranks have to "play sweaty" because of all the swf or meta perks or "insert 3rd complaint" this goes for both killer and survivor

bottom line Im just saying if you dont like it or its a problem we have multiple solutions available for you to use at any time

Comments

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

A lot of the complaints I see aren’t even a crossplay complaint at all it’s about sweaty and toxic players and they assume it’s certain system type of thing which it isn’t all systems are filled with sweaty and toxic players crossplay didn’t make that any different all it did is put everyone in the same shark infested pool if you want to reduce that then they can as you said easily turn it off

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

The problem is right now, opting out of crossplay is not an option for them until a bigger part of the individual platform playerbase does so since the queue is separated by opting in or out.

And those complaints are nothing new really. They just got more and faster at the moment and across all platforms.

• CrazyMarc
    CrazyMarc Member Posts: 11

Yeah great, except the option to opt-out is greyed out on PC so I'm forced to play with blendettes who spend the game hiding at the edge of the map regardless of whether I want to or not.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Like most things, maybe people should give it more than a day before they "threaten to quit". I can't say i particularly loved my initial cross play experience, but I'll give it more than 10 matches to make a real opinion on things.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

I bet you play on pc. Dont you? Cause no console player would post this, because they understand how frustraiting fps drops are. They also understand how screwed we are against pc players. I play the game on both pc and console and its waaay easier on pc (using a controller for both) than on ps4

• Soulslayer618
    Soulslayer618 Member Posts: 488

yes I play PC

if you dont want to play against PC then go to settings and opt out of of crossplay

if for some reason you cant then let the devs know because they have stated repeatedly that you can choose not to do this

• Bullettimegod

Consoles just wanna op to not go against pc. Due to frame rates. Not other consoles who we feel is in fair grounds of also having shat frames.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Tbh at the beginning I was agasint playing with pc players I turnt it off after a few games but I have had it on ever since and I’m actualy having a more enjoyable experience playing with other plaforms then just ps4 players I play solo surviour, & tbh you can’t tell if there pc, switch,or Xbox because it’s just a globe you could get stomped and find out it’s a switch player lol, I do agree with some small things about pcs having a advantage over console but after playing this crossplay it’s hoenstly not that bad, I personally would like to have a symbol next to people’s names instead of just a globe to see what platforms I’m playing with

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

I've been playing with a friend who started purely because crossplay introduced; I'm PC and he's on PS4, so far we've had majority PS4 players, and he's not had a single problem with the game (barring a ######### huntress getting carried by tunneling and NOED).

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

It’s weird I’m rarely getting ps4 players every game I am the only one

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

So we can wait twice as long to play? Our swf got dodged several times too. Odd that was never an issue before. Guess we'll continue getting baby console killers until they fix this mess. I assume most PC killers will keep crossplay on so they can bully console survivors too bc "killers too weak anyways."

• Bullettimegod

So many things wrong with thinking killers arent weak lol...

• siren_sorceress

Nah. Me and my friends all main at least one killer and can 4k most of our games. I know plenty of friends who play half the killers and think yall are babies. Get good dood. Or just play spirit and win every game. Wish I had her god tier power as survivor.

And solo is a damn disaster. As killer I never have to worry about some potato ruining everything like I do in every single solo match. Being a myers main in 2017, you have no idea how easy killer is now lol. Can they buff Myers though? A killer that still actually needs it.

• siren_sorceress

We all main at least one killer we can 4k every game with and I have friends who can 4k with more than half the killers yall whine about being underpowered. Get good. Or just main spirit and win every game.

Being a Myers main back in 2017, yall have no idea how easy you got it now. Back then all killers wanted were less pallets, no pallet vaccum and a nerf to self care. 1000 nerfs later and you still cant play killer well... Maybe the game isnt for you or just enjoy survivor?

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

You might have been lobby dodged by PC killers though. If you are a 4-man team the PC killers will be be suspicious there are no console players in the lobby.

With 15 second lobby times though, lobby dodges are nothing to worry about.

• siren_sorceress

Might? We turned off crossplay so we could specifically play against pc killers only. So yes they were PC killers.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

NOTE:

They option is greyed out when you are on the survivor/killer screen/lobby. You opt out in the main menu.

• Bullettimegod

Lmfao okay. So since you wanna insult skills let me break it down for you. (:

Life of a console killer main. We deal with bad frame rates. And constant harrassment. Yes i can 4k on certain killers. But not on certain maps. Like lerys and saloon. Framerates are choppy af. Not to mention devs are legit silent about fps on console. You play on pc so already its inherently easier for you.

Next point. The math. If you go by tourny rules (which i do) 2k is a draw. 3k+ is a win. 12 hooks give or take for a w. 80 seconds per gen vanilla style. 5 gens for win. You would have to get 2 hooks per gen done to come out on top give or take. That leaves about.. 40 seconds x 2 to find and hook a surv. Per gen vanilla gen. While the argument of pressure gens are there. You literally can not be 2+ places at once, so either way you gotta give up gens for chases. Which leads to a 3 gen scenario. If you have 2 survs alive in a 3 gen scenario you can win...unless survivors are lucky and find a key in chest. 3 survs up, and chances are killer would lose purely cause they have to commit to a chase. Point of this point is odds are against the killer.

Point 3, And more straight forward: too many variables. We have to play "nice" if we want to pip. Also play pretty badly. Because if we put too much pressure, we can get screwed. What i mean is the 60 second immunity window called ds. "Yea dont tunnel" but if a surv unhooks unsafely infront youre supposed to ignore them on a game who forces killers to capitilize on survivors mistakes. But yea thats a perk, and an example. Im sure you can think of more examples.

Point 3.5. Adept system. Nuff said.

Do you want more points? Or are you willing to understand we play two different versions of the same game? Btw. Im a red rank killer. (Rankings mean squat)

• siren_sorceress

What are you going on about? And what makes you think I want to read all that? Something about boo hoo console killers? I dont like playing against you console killers bc of the clear disadvantage. Was literally complaining about it bc of how every one of you have been trashed in our games. I didnt ask for this.

Crossplay should be between console players period.