Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Where are all the Nurses?

Apparently console players would be matched against terrifying mouse and keyboard Nurses if cross-play was ever released. I have encounted only one Nurse. One that was clearly just trying to do a daily. And was a console Nurse. Who had one perk. At level 1.

How are we supposed to ever learn to beat her if you PC players aren't going to play her?

To make things worse, console Nurses will probably now become even more infrequent. Often, console Nurse kills can be attributed to lack of survivor experience since PS4 console Nurse is almost as rare as a Nintendo Switch Freddy. Now we have to play as her against people who are used to juking hardcore god-tier Nurses? No thank you!

Comments

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

I havent played a single nurse on xbox yet since cross play release

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570

I’ve heard the Nurse meta died with her rework and bug introductions, it’s a meme on here that they haven’t fixed her issues in over a year lol.

i think your thinking of what was said before her update~

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I've had a few games where I've heard her screams and gasps but I actually haven't SEEN one in a long time. Since her rework actually.

Every time, someone just jukes them for 5 minutes and they DC and end the match.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Well you are right. But I still expected her to be one of the top played red rank killers on PC.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895
    edited August 2020

I faced my first legacy Nurse last night. It was everything I imagined it would be. A slaughter 😁

We got one gen done.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Due to nurse's bugs and her newly added CDs, not many people bother playing her anymore. She's still extremely strong, it's just that she became far less fun to play so she's a rare one to face.

Pity, I loved to face good nurses, most entertaining games I've ever played were against nurse.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Devs only needed to remove all extra blink add-ons, but they removed everything. :^)

• JawsIsTheNextKiller

I am ACTUALLY jealous. The only one time I played a god-tier CONSOLE Nurse, exactly the same.

I knew how to juke a Nurse, I knew how to break line of sight. I knew how to make my pathing unpredictable. Oh but then it turned out none of that makes a difference against a really good Nurse.

Unfortunately I never got a second chance to practice against a top-tier Nurse.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

Killers prefer pay to win freddy o easy 4k with moris, Iri or spirit

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,189

Until they fix her bugs and delete that damn cooldown, i'm not gonna play her.

No reason to spend my precious free time to torture myself.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller

Well I might have moaned about old Ruin being OP and begged for a nerf. But thanks anyway!

• Vaishee
    Vaishee Member Posts: 20

Many of my friends stopped playing because of constantly dropping nasty cards. I'm ready to throw myself when I get The game 3 times in a row then some Yamaokas etc. I remember how Nurses DC's from Lery although this map came across very rarely. Now the chance to get to the closed (garbage) map exceeds 50% or more so there is nothing to be surprised. Although the players on the nurse still come across regularly.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,221

There aren't many left after the rework. They made her ridiculously unfun to use unless you're very, very good with her, and not many people have the patience to get to that level. She's awful on dedicated servers, and most maps since Purgation seem to completely disregard her existence in the design phase. Hawkins, new Lerys, Midwich, and Sanctum all launched with or still have multiple areas where her power doesn't work. There are tiles on many maps where you have to grossly overcharge your blink to pass through them (box tiles on swamp, tires on Autohaven, any generator, etc.).

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

At least the game is less toxic than some survivors. *cries in nurse main*

• Masochistic_Killer
    Masochistic_Killer Member Posts: 413
    edited August 2020

GeT SeNt To tHe BaSeMeNt, glitchy impassable terrain, using your only form of mobility CC's you and forces you to stare at the ground with an even worse FoV, blinked twice? That's worse. Blink twice and MISS a swing? May as well take a nap.

I'm a newb, her ability has the potential to be fun, its current implementation is anything but. The lore is, she was actually amazingly strong AND fun to play at some point. Now she's not fun to play as OR fun to play against. Sad. I'm approaching 500 hours since June when I started, I've seen surprisingly good Nurse's like maybe twice, and I'm definitely not one of them.

• Siberia
    Siberia Member Posts: 353

I just went against a god tier PC Nurse and tbh I’d be fine if I never faced one again. 1 gen done. I love the nurse but that doesn’t make for a fun match at all lol.

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316

My first solo crossplay match was against a red rank pc nurse. Didn't stand a chance 😭

Have been saying I wanted to face a god tier pc nurse and now I have.

Be careful what you wish for. lol

• Jallybwan
    Jallybwan Member Posts: 472

Oh, she was truly beautiful. A paragon of power! An expert of efficiency! But alas, her top-tier wings carried her too close to the sun... and she got absolutely ######### dunked on by nerfs and dedicated servers.

• Fiv55
    Fiv55 Member Posts: 350

basicly billy got the nurse treatment... the only thing they should have changed are his addons, but they just had to touch his base kit.

I've faced just a few really good nurses since her rework. Still pretty strong, but very punishing for doing mistakes/bad reads.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
  • Fiv55
    Fiv55 Member Posts: 350

well I havent played him since his recent change, but I loved playing drift king billy for fun :(