Question: why all the hate between pc and console players?

Ok so i haven't been playing DBD that long about 3 and a half months I think. I really do love the game I play on xbox as I don't have a gaming pc. One thing I am finding tho on here is all the hate from pc players against console players and vice a versa. Why?? Why is there so much toxic chatter between the two? I mean i fully accept that PC rank 1s will be far better due to frame rates and also due to the fact this game was first released on PC and then eventually onto console, so PC plays have far more time in the actual game.

The toxicity is almost as bad as that between killer mains and survivor mains.

Comments

• Finnick519
    Finnick519 Member Posts: 6

Well I disabled crossplay because there are obvious skill and hardware difference between the two and it was ruining some of my games. I was either getting useless teammates or bad killers who even I could 360 consistently, and I suck at that normally. I don't necessarily blame console players for that, I just question the Devs for making this a thing in the first place. I'm glad you can turn it off, though.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Pc players often cone off as hoighty toighty. Anyone with a superiority complex can piss off

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313

There are perfectly valid concerns like performance differences outside of the control of players, as in actual performance because of the hardware differences between consoles and many PCs.

But I'm actually surprised by how much like... straight up silly console war BS I've seen. People trying to claim this or that platform has worse players than another, that <platform> players are all toxic. I don't get it at all.

• Ashetiz
    Ashetiz Member Posts: 11

Because pc players think their the ######### because they have a pc and constantly ######### on console players for no reason.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited August 2020

Yeah, the skill difference is wildly variant in my experience. Sometimes they do okay, and though they lack in loop they make up with sticking to generators. Then I get games where survivors don't do either. I had a game where survivors would immediately hide every time they heard the Demogorgon's teleport cry and everything went by 5x slower.

I really hope as a PC killer, they get the MMR thing actually working because I'm genuinely torn. Instant queues are nice, but there is a very real guilt in playing against some of these people.

I'm resorting to letting them all go because they all seem so innocent compared to the vicious creatures I'm used to :(.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

I disabled crossplay as well. I was playing killer against a platform and easily 4k'd their team with trapper. It felt bad to beat them so mercilessly. I play on PC feel that the difference between the 2 kinda makes crossplay an unfair advantage.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

PC players are generally “more toxic” because postgame chat exists. It takes another step to bother messaging someone to ######### talk. The toxicity is likely equal given the same means. However, based purely on postgame chat, that’s why PC gets a higher tick on toxicity. (I’ve had 3 people message me in 2 weeks to talk ######### on PS4; every 2-3 games on PC someone is telling me to “#########”

skillwise there’s no difference. Switch players are severely hindered, however. No joke, they play on 15-30 FPS and graphics might reach what you’d expect on a PS2).

xbox/PS4 are hindered by FPS drops

outside of the issues on console platforms, skill is equivalent

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I don’t know. Just let me kill some #########.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I have yet to see any PC players being entitled elitests in DBD, yet console players constantly pretend they are just that.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

On one side you have people that are open and critical of the imbalances, and on the other you have people that are downright offended that people are acknowledging said imbalances.

The only winning move is to not play.

• Finnick519
    Finnick519 Member Posts: 6

I don't know, but either way that doesn't really bother me.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    edited August 2020

I blame the devs for releasing crossplay before optimizing consoles, which might never happen.

People are just realizing how awful the console version of the game actually runs.

For crying out loud, the game slows down to a crawl even when you are just messing around in the blood web.

It seems the devs really push for unfair advantages built in into the game

*Massively OP with no downside SWF* fine

*Great discrepancy in performance between the platforms, leading to massive advantages* fine

I knew they were amateurs ,but good Lord.

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

This has been going on almost all of my life. At least since I was like eight-years-old. When I was young, it was people arguing about Super Nintendo Vs. Sega Genesis. Then Playstation Vs. N64. Or PS2 Vs. X-Box 360. Now it's consoles Vs. P.C. Or mobile gaming Vs. non-mobile. There's always some sort of video game "fight" going on & people defend whichever side they play on.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

As a PC player, I hold nothing against console players. They actually seem to have been good sports so far. However, I can clearly see they're at a disadvantage. I'm not saying all, but a lot of my mostly console parties with a PC killer have went south.

Perhaps this is also a different subject, but crossplay also hasn't done anything to effect my survivor ques in a positive matter, in fact they are a couple of minutes longer. Solo ques use to be near instant. I've not played killer much since this was enabled so I'm not sure if there's a difference there.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited August 2020

because pc players have always thought they were much stronger than console players, but now that the opposite has been demonstrated to be true (aside for nurse/huntress killers, of course) they are so upset that they try to rewrite the reality.