The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Some Survivors are Lag Switching

Played a hag game on Azarov's. Every time I went to hook the person, I couldn't. I went to check the ping and their ping skyrocketed to 1000-2000ms. However, when they wiggle out, their ping returns to normal. Anyone else encounter this?

Comments

• teamdehn
    teamdehn Member Posts: 222

This is the only "hack" I have seen more than once, however I'm still able to get the hook off like half the time

• MaybeShesCrazy
    MaybeShesCrazy Member Posts: 337

Some killer are too.

Record and report is the best bet really.

• Burst
    Burst Member Posts: 5

Its a cheat by flood almost certainly...

I hope behaviour does something about it, its happening a little to often...

I reported the ones that did it

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    edited August 2020

This was only ever possible on Killers back when they hosted matches. As Survivors never hosted matches they have never been able to lag switch. And now that Killers no longer host matches as matches are now hosted in private servers it is no longer possible to lag switch.

/Infallible_Logic.Exe

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Yeah I saw it months ago, and saw it used last year as well. You pick the person up after a chase that wasn't laggy at all, then when you suddenly try to hook them everything goes to hell.

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279
    edited August 2020

I've seen it happen just today tho. Getting hit from huge distance, not being able to wiggle getting instantly teleported to the hook.

The same thing can happen when you are killer and they make you unable to pick them up.