Stop making perk-specific challenges for killer

We're gonna do the challenges no matter what, so it would be less annoying if there weren't so many bad ones. One example is the ones that make you use perks like Predator, and Iron Maiden, and Beast of Prey. You know, meta perks like that /s. We killers can't afford to differentiate from our meta perk builds or we lose. One perk slot used for completing a challenge is one perk slot wasted. So pretty much when you're doing a perk-specific challenge, you're a 3-perk killer. And sometimes there's been challenges where you have to use 3 throw-away perks, which was unbelievable. Do something creative with the challenges without having them all be handicaps to our gameplay.

Comments

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Iri Head Huntress.

Or bring an Ebony.

But I agree, some of these challenges are just more work than they're worth.

• Masochistic_Killer
    Masochistic_Killer Member Posts: 413

There are a number that are bullshit, but I want the Archive lore unlocks, particularly the animations at the end of chains ;/

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

These challenges usually don't require a 4k, just something related to the perk (like basement hooks for territorial iirc). So it's not that bad.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

I disagree, I don't mind perk based challenges. Gives me a chance to incorporate perks I might otherwise never use. Though, I'd appreciate if they made those booty perks more useful.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

My word, people are whiny. If you're actually decent at the game then not bringing the same 4 perks every game won't hurt.

I did the predator challenge as Wraith with Iron Maiden, BBQ and Surge and 4ked with yellow add-ons.

Just play the game instead of complaining about it

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I like the perk ones... unless it also involves stupid crap like discordance gen grab or iron maiden locker grab

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I like the perk ones as long as they have you do normal gameplay, like starting chases with survivors. Having to hook multiple during EGC with the perk equipped in one match is annoying though.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

While I agree it's lazy and not particularly engaging or fun, without challenges like that it would be immensely harder to fill the Tome with enough challenges. It's hard to think of a creative and interesting challenge, it's very easy to say "use x perk" or "x killer power" or "x perk with y killer" that's 3 alone with every perk makes a lot of permutations.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

So..... okay let's do this.

1. Survivors get these kinds of challenges too and I don't see you complaining about that.
    2. No you actually don't have to use a full build of meta perks to win a match.
    3. Even if you don't "win" the match (getting a 2k is still a win btw because that's where the game is supposed to be balanced and if you can't do that, I don't know what to say) SO WHAT, it's just one match using that perk. You'll be fine.
    4. The game should be encouraging players to divulge from the meta to actually use other perks in the game instead of going into every match expecting the killer to be running Corrupt, Pop, BBQ, Ruin, NOED, Discordance. Like I enjoy the fact that I see a lot of killers running Surveillance when I reach the post game because that used to be not meta and it's becoming meta now but it's still rare enough that I get surprised to see it
  • Laurab84
    Laurab84 Member Posts: 54

They do the same thing to survivors.... its a pain on both sides but hey ho they like to make things challenging for us

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Just remove BBQ for that one game from your Loadout, most players are using it for the Double BPs anyway. And then you get your Challenge, ez as that.