The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you mind going against Swf?

EmpireWinner
EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

What's your take on Swf? Do you like it? Don't? Why?

Do you enjoy having challenge?

How it for you when you play survivor or killer? Would you make any changes the current SWf, and how so?

Please share your thought below

I dont mind going against a swf, but I do enjoy going against them as they make the game interesting. 90% of the time, they enjoyed the match and had fun(me as well), true champs.

Comments

• EmpireWinner
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I don't mind going against them.

I think it's nice to be able to play with friends (even though a separate mode made just for that purpose was already a thing before SWF).

I prefer to play solo myself because my carefree attitude would not be appreciated by my friends, who are just hardcore.

I don't mind a challenge when i'm Killer, i just prefer my Survivor gameplay carefree.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

There is a difference between a challenge and a brick wall. SWF once they have reached a certain level are a brick wall. The 5th Perk (Comms) requires the VERY best of the best to beat them. What I would like is for groups to enter a lobby where we know they are groups, i.e. teams and Killers that want to take it on can. More to the point the Devs can balance it for that 5th Perk, say an extra Generator has to be turned on to operate the gates... and whatever else tests well.

• EmpireWinner

Same. I find playing killer more ejoyable and rewarding as opposed to survivor, my team keeps bringing me down.

• EmpireWinner
    edited August 2020

How would you like them to be nerfed? Or Overall, buff killers?

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

I kinda take Rancor to assert some dominance, but I dont care, if 2 survivors escape. I never check, if its swf or not. One thing I pay attention to is toolboxes. If I see 4 toolboxes, I'll take at least green mori.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

The SWF should only be nerfed when they are a group of 4 people. If it is nerfed with a group of less people it will affect the solo mode, I don't like the idea of ​​the killers being buffed instead because that will affect other games where the survivors are not in SWF

• Render
    Render Member Posts: 1

As a survivor main, I think that the killers wouldn't mind it so long as they didn't get tbagged and flashlight clicked at every pallet/gate. I play a lot of solo survivor and I have a lot of braindamaged teammates that clearly see a low rank killer and bully them into eternity. Even when I play with friends some of them choose to do it when all I want to do is leave and get on with the next game.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

I don't mind playing against SWF who are just playing for fun but in reds most of SWF are playing to be as optimal as possible, sharing information on killer whereabouts and sitting in separately gens, offering ######### ormond or haddonfield usually bringing one or two prove thyselves if they need to rush a gen and/or toolboxes/very good medkits (since crossplay i've seen a rise in syringes...

And no, they're not the "swf death depip squad", they're just what SWF really is, a big advantage in coordenation and coms.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

I don’t mind at all. A major flaw in the SWF argument is that it’s not the clicking SWF button that irritates killers in my estimation. It’s that playing against better players is the problem.

For all the talk of getting dominated by SWFs, there’s none about all the SWFs the killers turn upside down. Because those aren’t really SWFs.

I am not convinced this isn’t a skill problem yet. They can talk to each other but the mechanics of the game remain the same.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

That would nerf solos and make little difference to SWF.

•  Antares2332

It won't affect solo mode, I said in a previous comment that it only happens when it's a group of 4 SWFs.

Lack of aura information can be deadly when the killer makes slugging survivors. Just imagine it.

• Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193

I don't mind playing killer against SWF - I can hardly complain about it when I often play survivor in a SWF team.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I don't enjoy the "challenge" of going against efficient survivors. Challenge would imply that there is something to overcome. The maths show that majority escape is inevitable.

If matches were longer and shifted back and forth between each side, then yeah, I'd like it. But trials have been getting progressively shorter to the point that this is basically not the game I bought. It's like if R6 Seige suddenly had 1 round limits, or a battle royal that began in the second-smallest map state. I don't have fun playing half a match at breakneck speed, and I especially don't have fun if I'm clearly better than them but they are ouperking me and instadropping pallets. If you fall for every basic mindgame, you don't deserve to escape. I'm sorry, but there it is.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Buff solo survivor with free aura perks to equal swf coms and then buff killers or change the game to compensate for 2 survivors always being on gens at all times.

• YehBoiGoku
    YehBoiGoku Member Posts: 248

I like swf. I enjoy the challenge and it's super fun playing with friends (although I don't have any lol) but when we talk about solo que and a swf in the lobby... It's a gamble.

You're banking on the fact that they are good teammates or they play super funny. On the other hand I feel like I don't really have to explain.

I don't see why people complain about swf when it's quite literally the smartest choice a survivor can do. It's obvious why some people complain about it which is fine but not when they think they are entitled to going against swf that play in a certain way.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    edited August 2020

As a solo survivor, auras are the most important way of getting information about what’s happening. There’s a reason solo players will run Kindred, Bond or Empathy while SWF don’t bother. Because a SWF can just tell each other “I’m down next to the killer shack, the killer is patrolling my body” or whatever and they have no need for auras at all. Four pairs of eyes and ears sharing information is all they need. Removing auras would do nothing to SWF at all.

EDIT: Oh wait, you’re saying remove auras only for 4 man SWF? I still don’t see how that would nerf them when they can just tell each other where they are.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

I mean, I wouldn't mind going against SWF if they didn't always bring the decisive crutch loadout and act like manchildren

I'd rather be outplayed by an actual good player than lose to someone who relies on 50 second chances to waste all of my time

•  Antares2332

Ok, imagine the killer knocks down a survivor in the killer's hut. Obviously the survivor will warn the others but they will not know exactly where he will be, which would take more time and time in this game is gold. If this seems like a ridiculous nerf, what is your idea?

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    edited August 2020

Most swf are just avg players made slightly above average through comms. They arent a problem and I dont mind. Its the swat team that exposes the flaws in this game and is legit unfair. I still dont mind though. Its whatever

Unless they have OoO, i dont play against that anymore. F that

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,279

Really just depends on the players. My job as a killer is to kill, and if your job as a survivor is to fix gens, save each other and try to escape... sounds like a good game SWFs or not. Its when I spawn into a match and have survivors track me down with the sole intention of annoying the ######### out of me that it becomes a game id rather not have. You end up getting people trying to set each other up for head-on stuns or spamming fast vaults in the distance so I have constant explosion sounds in my ears while im trying to chase someone. Even if I kill them... it was a team of people who's goal wasn't to get out to begin with. Stopping gens from popping against people who werent gonna bother touching them doesnt make the game any more fun.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Well killer buff can be more or less according to how many people play with SWF.

• Grain_Of_Salt
    Grain_Of_Salt Member Posts: 12

As a console killer main, (I suppose platform doesn't really matter anymore) I don't mind playing against swf anymore than playing against random stack, and I will explain why. So randoms have a certain playstyle and mindset that they want to pip no matter what this will lead them to sacrificing their fellow players not literally but they won't play optimally for 4 people but instead play optimally for themselves which in the big picture is better for the killer, but on the other side swf, even three stacks survivors will often throw everything they have to save their friends this allows some killers to shine amazingly well, like The Executioner, The plague, leather face, or The shape (I'm sure there are more but that's the top of my head). I'm not saying that it's easier but as some killers I would prefer to play against a swf team. Now the elephant in the room is the communication, but you can actually use this to your advantage as if they receive bad information and relay it then all of them have this wrong info. A weak example could be playing doctor and making fake pallets and the survivors tell each other some pallets are left, but one more applicable to higher level play would be the perk dark devotion as the obsession after being hit may believe they are still being chased if line of sight is broken from killer and all that good stuff, feeding wrong info to the other three or two, of course this isn't the only example but it's the one I see work most in practice for myself. Anyways that's my 2 cents. Make sure to take it with a grain of salt.

•  Antares2332

When I read this idea I thought this was the best option, but after thinking it a few times the truth can affect the survivor in solo mode.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

I like SWF.

I think the idea that the game is only balanced around solo queue is an antiquated one. Especially when you consider that many things have changed since the beginning.

You have more unsafe loops and yet bloodlust is still in the game. You have the oblivious status introduced which can throw off SWF teams. You have perks that literally give away your position as a survivor, which didn’t exist before. Immersion (while still somewhat viable) is not reliable all the time.

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

I dont mind going against swf. As a rank 1 survivor and rank 1 killer on xbox.

I enjoy the challenge and i regularly get 4ks.

People always complain that swf is so over powered, when its really NOT.

Does it give your team mates extra info sure but how many survivors can really capitalize on that info.

Comms doesnt effect your 1v1 in a chase. While they can communicate and do gens faster the killer is in control of the game.

You the killer its your job to create pressure.

You need to end your 1v1s quickly and effectively to force survivors to come for saves and get off gens, Doesnt matter about having comms if the personal skill of the survivors is trash.

4 experienced solo que survivors with good game knowledge can run over a killer just as easily as a swf on comms.

As the killer you control the game, you move faster, you have a special power, you have strong perks to help with chases.

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317

I don't mind it but it's stressful AF

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

I hate going against SWF when I'm trying builds or killers that are useless against groups with comms. Since lobby lock I just dodge if I'm playing trapper or hag or some other killer/build extremely weak against comms.

I don't mind a challenge when I'm READY for it and I'm TOLD that there is going to be a challenge, but this is not the case in DbD since I can just randomly get increase to nightmare difficulty because reasons.

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363

Not much. I hate when they get same map iterations that can be abused really hard but other than that no. Don't like their toxic behavior toward killers and some survs that is not in their team...

• crust970
    crust970 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020

I think they mean killer auras, and only keys with add-on to see the killer or object of obsession can reliably see the killer. I don't think it would affect solo because I have never seen a solo survivor use either.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Doesnt matter really..have to deal with it

• crust970
    crust970 Member Posts: 2

Tunneling off hook is also the smartest choice but it doesn't justify doing it

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

I honestly don't care. I've long accepted that it's part of the game and isn't going anywhere, and I'm not going to stress over it.

• Inferno427
    Inferno427 Member Posts: 232
    edited August 2020

Yes and no.

I don't like the optimal ooo, everyone splits up on gens and try to make the game 4 minutes kinda swf. The kind where you get in a chase and by the time it's done 3 gens have popped, do another chase and suddenly all four are keying out.

The most fun I've had is against what people would consider the more toxic bully kinda swfs. The kind where it's probably just some friends playing for fun and having a good time. The ones that all have head-on, saboteur, flashlights etc. And are always being overly altruistic. The game tends to be just as fast as the stupidly optimal kind but there's way more interaction between both sides.

EDIT: I genuinely don't mind if it's swf aslong as it's fun. If it's the unfun kind then no but most times, yes

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

If you have good killer perks, swf is pretty balanced. You can get into the psychology of it and trick them into giving false information to each other, and you can be more confident that they'll go for altruistic actions. I just don't like it when I get body blocked by 2 people when a 3rd sabotaged the hook im headed towards. Otherwise, im fine with it. The only thing I can think to fairly counterbalance SWF is anyone who lobbied up gets aura blindness while the killer is carrying someone from their party or when someone from their party is on the hook, that way they HAVE to communicate very clearly. If a random is being carried or hooked it doesn't trigger the AB, and the random doesn't get AB when someone who's partied up is carried/hooked

• alex9er
    alex9er Member Posts: 96

Honestly, i hate playing against swf because 90% of the time they run unbrekable,DS,object,borrowed, they genrush and then just BM with flashlight

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

I dont mind playing against swf. They are usually very altruistic and predictable because they wanna help their friend(s).

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Zero fun going against swf.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don't care if people are in a swf in principle, it is annoying though when there's a toxic jerk in the swf and it leads to the other members being just as rude in chat to back their buddy up. And there are some balance issues with people on comms that the devs probably should address at some point but nothing that breaks the game enough for me to not play or try and dodge swfs or whatever.