Camping issues

Before telling me to just use Borrowed Time, Deliverance or Head On, read. Portray this situation: playing solo survivor with a bunch of baby survivors, and the killer (Bubba) gets a down and hangs the random in the basement. He then hides near the basement, using Insidious. Anyone who gets close is downed instantly with the chainsaw, so no one is able to escape the basement.

Since many people have had similar issues with facecamping playing solo (myself included) I had an idea: if the killer is nearby a hooked survivor, the life bar (the red bar under your character) won't drop at all. That would not harm anyone except for the facecamper, saving even more time for the survivors to gen rush even if it's a solo game.

Comments

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

Yes the devs tried this but survivors being rats were absusing this mechanic.

Unless you want to remove every window and pallets near a hook to prevent a survivor running around Being chased by the killer near a hook. Otherwise the survivor can give the hooked person more time and give the team more time for free gens

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

Does not fix the situation, but would make it worse, as it could lead to games being held hostage if this occurs.

• XXTheCh0senXX
    XXTheCh0senXX Member Posts: 23

This is a poor design of Insidious, the pourpose was to jump scare players in a game that is not scary, but it enables these kinds of playstyles.

There are many poorly designed perks, DS, for example.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

Even as a survivor main, I know this does not work and is not a good idea.

1. Camping is sometimes necessary (end game especially)
    2. If someone is being chased around the hook, the killer isn't necessarily camping
  •  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

This is not a camping problem.

The problem was your teammates who did not know how to deal with the situation. They had to do gens.