PC Survivors, WTH?

Bare in my mind, I’m certain this doesn’t apply to everyone. I just completed my 31st killer game and 20th survivor game since crossplay. So although it’s early, here’s what I’ve learned:

As killer, I’m going to ramshack through survivors without barely trying. As survivor, we’re all going to die or one hatch out. Why?

-Over-excessive use of altruism. Running to hooks in chases, grouping together allowing the killer to only have to patrol 25% of the map rather than applying pressure to the whole map, taking useless protection hits for no good reason at all, just to instigate a quickly ended chase when the killer gets the hook you tried protecting.

-Scared to Death. While I appreciate a survival-horror game to stay in its genre, DBD simply doesn’t offer much of it on the survivor side anymore. But these guys just hide around the map, only get on a gen or go for an unhook while another survivor is being picked up. They run off a gen as SOON as the TR hits (when applicable), even if someone else is being chased.

-Never heard of looping? I’ll be on a gen watching a chase from across the map a bit, no one takes good pathing! Pallets are only used to try forcing a killer to break them so they can get distance rather than looping it to buy the team time. No joke, this is my ACTUAL REAL in-game stat. The longest a random PC survivor teammate has endured a chase (from injured to down) is 24.8 seconds. While I understand the above listed mistakes leave you outpositioned and such, this is just another reason to stop making these poor choices!

Barely a day in, I’m already about to disable CrossPlay. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll turn it on for killer if I fancy myself an easy game, but I’m just not sure I want to keep carrying.

Enough with the useless banter, my legit question is: Are the good PC survivor players NOT enabling CrossPlay? I’m genuinely curious.

Comments

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

Ok fair enough I suppose. Thx for the input bruddas.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

If you are a console player, there are two other platforms that could be pulling survivors in. Although you seem intent on complaining about PC survivors, you may be actually upset with other console brethren.

The only way to know if the other players are console is to play on PC, and even then if the game was purchased on Microsoft Store, it could show the globe symbol as well.

Good luck bud. Looking at the level of skill in my matches today, I'm pretty sure a lot of players are going to derank over the next week or so.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

not have hard time like others.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I've been having the opposite experience: every game has been instadropped pallets and fast gens, til we reach the 1 gen mark and suddenly every survivor goes super altruistic. Is this normal console play? It's getting me super wierded out. I swear, I have been the only person to finish the last gen in almost every one of my matches.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

You do know the globe icon could mean they're from another console, right?

I've failed to understand why every thread so far has been "PC players are X". When you could be Vsing a Switch/Xbox/PS4 player too?

• pixelfixed
    pixelfixed Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2020

i'm with ya, IMhereRUN, but on the other end.

it hits you like a bucket of cold water. i always use bond so i can always know what my team is doing (i can usually predict if we're going to escape within the first 10 seconds, literally). ever since crossplay survivors do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. they crouch or if a chest/dull totem is nearby they'll hinder the crew that way, but that's it.

i think it's just because of rank reset. with our old smaller pools one would find some decent teammates after a short while. now with the super large pool, it's an unending sea of do nothings/inexperienced.

my only other hypothesis is that pc players may be SUPER casual; a few games a week. on xbox another friend will typically pull you in and give you crash course strategy lessons. one typically has a built in crew day one. it's on game pass so most have it for free.

MadLordJack, yes, instadropped pallets and fast gens is definitely console. in fact, i preach it. the first chase of the game is the most important so any way to stretch it out (even if it's using every pallet on the map) is encouraged. it's the time when there's the least amount of pressure. it wins games. when it gets to one gen i'm sure it becomes of matter of survivors not having experience with any 3 gen protocol. and for some unknown reason console players think rank is the end-all be-all, so they're probably just trying to get enough for pips by hook farming.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    edited August 2020

I'm 30 killer matches in with all but 2 being at least 3 console survivors. Out of those matches, I had 26 4k matches and 2 3k. The console survivors were total potatoes.

Console killers are very glitchy and hit through walls. Only had 10 survivor matches with 6 console killers. All 6 had the killer hitting through walls and from far away. FPS is a real issue there.

I disabled crossplay and won't look back.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

I would point out that you have no idea if you have even had a single PC survivor. All you know is they are not your platform, that's it.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266

Luckily I've been getting some grand teammates. I'm enjoying myself with the crossplay it's the best.

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706

I always wondered how a meg can be injured then downed in a 5 seconds span against an M1 killer.

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275

I find that PC survivors are better than console survivors

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

I assume that less-skilled players make up a greater proportion of the entire DBD population, meaning that with crossplay the odds of being matched up against highly-skilled players has gone down.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

It’s really been a mixed bag for me. I’ve played both survivor and killer on PC and seen some really good console survivors - I had an Xbox team that whooped me yesterday and I only got 1 kill. I’ve had a console killer that was better than most PC killers I’ve seen. But then I’ve also had console players that threw the match, and PC players that were totally incompetent. I really don’t think it’s possible to judge any one platform.

I had a mixed lobby yesterday when I was playing Trapper and they all died, and then the PC guys started blaming the console player for being a “console bot” and the reason they lost despite the glorious PC master race players being the ones to throw the match. People are making a lot of unfounded assumptions about other platforms, it’s stupid.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Holy crap, yes. I had two separate players go down in under 10 seconds against a Wraith on Blood Lodge the other day and I was honestly sitting there like “???????” Like how do you go down that fast to that map/killer combination?

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

Console survivors usually throw more often in my experience. I don't take survivor too seriously so it doesn't bother me that much but I have noticed it.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Literally had 3 PC survivors die to a baby Bubba who couldn't even time his charges in seconds. One of those PC survivors had legacy, too.

I was the only survivor that repaired gens, looped him successfully, won the chases AND escaped (found the hatch during the 2nd chase). Recorded everything, too.

Platform is meaningless in terms of skill. And apparently Legacy means nothing, too. I was excited to have a legacy survivor in my team just to realize it's a fancy looking potato.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I'm not sure nintendo and microsoft allow usernames like "hex: anal"

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Can we please not turn this into platform Wars can we acknowledge them we're all collectively not as good as we think we are.

I've watched enough PC players to know that potatoes are potatoes people on PC stop acting like are catastrophically worse than you. Our potatoes are just as potatoey as your potatoes. Our average players are just as averages your ones are and our good players are just as good as your good players are.

Console players you have no idea what platform you're going up against stop acting like the potatoes that we've encountered all since we started playing on are suddenly exclusively PC players.

Can one aspect of this game be added without a turning into an us vs them thing

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

So far I’ve been finding the PC players are more likely to die first or DC. But that’s just from my own experience. It could be because of rank reset, but I was expecting to notice a difference with their gameplay but so far I haven’t.

Ps4 oP pLeAsE nErF

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275

Yep, legacy means nothing. Just a fair amount of BP spent on a character. I guess there's potatoes in both platforms