Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why the Devs turn a blind eye to all the DS complaints?

Comments

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Well, survivor not entitled here and I have read your post, your idea sounds good on paper but on practice it will cause the same kind of abuses. Shall we see them? In example EGC has started but you're not hooked near the exit gate, right now if you reach them within 40/50/60 secs (because tier matters) you still will be able to use, now it is abused BUT it is within 60 secs at tier III, meaning if they crawl for more than a whole minute and you pick them up you're safe now with new DS you will get screwed up no matter what as a killer and yes, the forum will start complaining with "What the (bad word) behaviour? You were supposed to nerf DS yet you made it stronger" and stuff like that.

Now, let's suppose I have a teammate who only knows how to gen-rush and even if he unhooks you, he is unwilling to heal you whatever the reason is, so you start completing a gen in hope that he heals you, but oh surprise the killer is ghostface and hit you. You can tell me "Then it was the other survivors fault, not the killer" which is not wrong BUT the killer in fact tunneled him so, as supposedly DS should be an anti-tunnel perk. Why should you get privated of the use of said perk?

Oh, and before you call someone entitled you might need to check that you´re not seeing the survivor point of view as well, so you're being a bit biased. I do agree it needs some sort of change but what might come as a clear idea it might be not if you think a bit more on it.

Also. The devs might be kind of irresponsable in some ways but is not only tweaking the perk, it's seeing if that "tweak" will be useful. If the new DS will bring the same headaches as this DS then Why bothering in changing i t?

P.S: I dislike the new Billy

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I've given up on these devs. I just play the game when friends want too.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@VSchmitt

Here is what I think you (and many others) don’t understand.

I get that you feel that it is unfair to get stunned when part of the perk’s purpose is to delay tunneling (I say delay because let’s face it, it doesn’t stop tunneling).

With that being said, tunneling isn’t as black and white as you might think. Just as much as it is sometimes unintentional to bump into the same survivor while you aren’t trying to. There are also cases where the killer left the hook, came back to the area seconds after and tracked down the general area where the recently unhooked survivor went... who now happens to have started a gen and who’s DS (if we went by your suggestion) has now deactivated.

I have actually experienced being in the middle of chase and as soon as someone gets unhooked the killer leaves. Survivor was healed only to see the icon at the bottom go injured again.

Just because you look the other way as a killer doesn’t mean that your intentions to take someone out ASAP aren’t there. Your job is to kill by whatever means necessary...and I think most survivors get that.

It doesn’t mean that they will not find a way to avoid being the only one predominantly chased, to the point it feels like it’s a 1v1 match. There is only so much the rest of the survivors can do to avoid that, because even taking hits doesn’t work, killer walks past them.

So, in conclusion I’m not saying anyone should feel like they have to play by any rules (survivor or killer) but I think that this is why the current DS is fair because the actual fair usage you get out of it outweighs the unfair instances. Which IMO are extremely rare, if you know how to play around it.

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320

The duration of DS is way too long when an efficient SWF can get gens done easily in sub 5 minutes

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Because they thinks it’s doing it’s job. Anti momentum. Not anti tunneling

• RayrafLPP
    RayrafLPP Member Posts: 621

so you wouldnt be affected if they made it unabusable...

How is something thats abusable fine? XD

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    edited August 2020

You are right but think about it from the devs perspective would you rather change a perk and get endless ######### for it on top of those people leaving which are your primary money makers or ignore the problem with a minority of people complaining but not leaving the game.

Tldr: devs have no reason to change the perk and nothing will happen if the devs don't since when the ruin changes came out of the blue the majority of killer mains didn't leave so why should they care?

• CaptainLevi
    CaptainLevi Member Posts: 8

DS has been nerfed plenty of times, or would you like the good ol' DS ? I only made this account cause the amount of hypocrisy is astonishing

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Yeah, so was NOED, Ruin, even Unrelenting or "name a good and strong killer perk", that's not a excuse.

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536

I can tell that you only played Survivor with this text.

Oh okay that is a good change idea. I like it!

This will be also a nerf to toxic swf's ^^

• Taingaran
    Taingaran Member Posts: 288

I think the killer needs a Lightborn for DS analogue. It's easier than rebalancing DS.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

About doing gen while being injured its cuz they set gen repairs as s priority not their health thats a error.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

We see here all the survivors saying that it's just because people want to "tunnel," ignoring the part where this change would completely annihilate tunneling. Ah, I'm sure it's not because the perk is super strong or anything. Nah, it's not one of the most picked perks because it's strong, it's not even that good! It's just to protect them from tunneling. Yeah, that's it. All four players are just getting so tunneled every match.

Mmhm.

• Primalux135
    edited August 2020

Okay make it able to use it as much as you like but if you do something that its not running vaulting or hide I hook you back.

Its an strong aNtIMOmEntuM perk imagine I down you being full health becuz you dropped a pallet, same do feel killers who play fair.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Imagine a stealth killer, and you don't know they're coming back to tunnel you, your team mate who just saved you tries to heal you, oh no, no DS, killer is free to tunnel.

It's entirely unrealistic to disable a perk based on whether you start to heal, starting to heal DOES NOT mean you're not being tunneled, nor does doing a gen, especially when it comes to stealth killers.

• NotTheodore
    NotTheodore Member Posts: 32

This change would not do anything for tunneling. If this change would happen, I would probably just wait a few more seconds to trick survivors into thinking they're safe so I can safely resume tunneling? This change does not do anything for tunneling.

• Primalux135

You could accelerate the timer instead while doing actions like on deep wound.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

So you'd waste time doing literally nothing? That's perfect. That's good perk value. If a killer is that dumb and that dedicated, then the perk has served its purpose.

By the way, you'd also have to follow that survivor around, they're clearly not gonna start working on a gen 10 feet away from you, and, since the OP references ScottJund, he proposed it'd have a 30 second timer that never goes down while chasing, so the survivor could watch you following them like a lost puppy so you could "tunnel" them and keep you in chase, wasting even more precious time.

That would be insanely good perk value, and only an idiot would continue to follow the survivor. And only an idiot would sit there and wait the timer out instead of actually doing something productive. And when, if you happen to see that survivor again later on, you can be reasonably sure that they no longer have DS because they would've obviously worked on a gen or something. Or maybe they didn't and they're mind gaming you. Even better! Counterplay, mind games! The things the game is about!

I dunno man, your argument seems weaker and weaker to me the more I think about this kind of change.

• skarsguts
    skarsguts Member Posts: 179

Because devs don't know how to properly punish tunneling and camping. Until then, it's really not that hard to not chase the same survivor that just got off hook for 60 seconds. Find someone else.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

They don't believe that it's a broken Perk.

I don't think they're responding to them cause they already did, explaining why they disagree.

That's just my thoughts though.

• lazerlight
    lazerlight Member Posts: 353

DS just needs to deactivate once all gens are done. Cheap escapes cuz of DS are wack.

• NotTheodore
    NotTheodore Member Posts: 32

A). What killers do now is wait out the DS timer, which means after they down a survivor they leave them on the ground for the duration of DS in order to counter it, what they're literally doing is wasting time which I have done and have had done to me several times within the past month alone.

B). The game won't consider a survivor in a chase unless they are within the terror radius of the killer and running, if the killer has no terror radius (i.e. being undetectable like with the Pig's crouch ect) then a chase will never activate and thus the timer would go down. Not to mention a killer like wraith is completely invisible while standing still and cloaked. Really there are tons of ways to create a situation where survivors cannot get into a chase with you thus there are tons of ways that DS timer would falsely deplete.

C). "Only an idiot would continue to follow the survivor" What do you think the killer's job is? If I believe a survivor has that version of DS, only an idiot would try to not play around it. If you think wasting 30 seconds is stupid, how stupid are killers now that waste 60 seconds playing around a not good perk? I don't think you thought that though considering all of those things you list as perks to this change can be and still are appliable to the current version of DS.

A weak argument is one that doesn't hold up. Just calling what I'm saying dumb doesn't point out how it doesn't work out.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

this for sure this is where it used the most where it the most broken.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Two reasons:

Survivor hand-holding

'do bones' 'don't tunnel'

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

It needs buffing. Make decisive truly "decisive". One-time use powerful escape at any time.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

How are the comaints about DS not reasonable? How is it okay for someone to get free gen time? How is it okay for someone to get free unhooks? How is it okay for someone to jump in a locker instead of looping? How is it okay that the "counterplay" isn't even counterplay - and has perks that completely undo it? And, and this is the real kicker, how is it okay to assume the killer tunelled you because you got to activate that sweet, sweet skillcheck?

• 47v3ctorlulz
    47v3ctorlulz Member Posts: 7

The people that want it for anti-tunneling won't be affected by the change, just the ones that want to abuse it.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,985

Because none of the complaints actually hold any weight. Pretty simple answer

I play killer as well as survivor and rarely get hit by DS. When I do, it's because I want to eat the DS on purpose to get it out the way and that's rare because I make it a point to not tunnel, even if it means leaving the match with a 2k or 3k.

I've also gotten plenty of 4ks and every adept killer achievement without tunneling so.... DS is really mainly an issue for people who tunnel.

And all this "it's 60 seconds of invincibility" nonsense is a blatant lie. The person who was unhooked can still be slugged. If you have a Mori, they can be Mori'd. If you're playing PH, they can be sent to a cage. Or you can simply force them to use the perk if you feel you have to go after that person instead of the 3 other people on the map. Either way, there's no invincibility. DS simply means that for those 60 seconds, they cannot be picked up and placed back on a hook and I think 60 second grace period is perfectly fine. I personally would use that time to heal but if they want to hop on gens, that's their perogative.

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320

New killer perk idea -

Cervelliere - This close fitting cap of steel protects your head and neck area from vital injury. Reduce Decisive Strike stun time by 3 seconds

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

Peanits said he agreed that it should deactivate when you progress the game, like doing gens.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Maybe the devs haven't found a good way the change the perk to make it balanced for both sides

Maybe this is as good as it gets for DS

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I doubt they turn a blind eye to anything. They just do their own testing and make up their own minds at their own pace. Largely, we aren't entitled to know what they are thinking or what they will do. They certainly don't answer to you. Have I lost kills to DS? Sure. Is it annoying when they use it at the right time? Absolutely. Them's the breaks. I can't abide people constantly complaining about Noed or camping, or tunneling or whatever the hate of the day is from Survivors and I don't really care for Killers complaining about Perks.

If you want to complain about something, complain about SWF. That is actually an issue, a 5th Meta Perk called (Comms) which when used to coordinate well, is like having an anvil falling on your head.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Theres a distinct difference between DS & Ruin Though.

While the hex was up, it was ALWAYS in use, you can have 4 survivors in a match with DS and it never gets used.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
  • Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

maybe it has something to do with it being tied to Laurie, since she’s licensed

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

If it finally does get changed ( I don´t think it is too bad of a perk though unless paired with Unbreakable for the small pp build) I hope it will include something to get rid of the guaranteed escape in an end game situation. Seriously, that´s so dumb and infuriating.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

"Hey guys not everyone abused old MoM, therefore it shouldn't have been changed."

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

Because then it would actually be an anti-tunneling perk and not a "HAHA I'm gonna jump in a locker or make you grab me so I can stun that ass" perk

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Errrrr how was MoM abused?

Also, notice how I put “abuse” in quotation marks? Because some people think that optimally using a perk is abuse for whatever reason.

I don’t tend to play aggressively with DS active, but the people that do, how are they abusing it exactly? They are just optimally using the perk.

Is there an unwritten rule somewhere which says “with DS active you are not allowed to be daring”?

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

1. It's not strictly an anti-tunneling perk.

2. You tunneled and got butthurt you couldn't slug. That means it is doing its job.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

"It's not an anti-tunnelling perk but only tunnelers get hit by it"

• BabyDweetMain
    BabyDweetMain Member Posts: 434

Lol imagine getting tunneled is a survivors fault and that they're bad if a killer decides to go for them all match. You mate are bad, that's easy to tell.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

No, but nice survivor main rhetoric. Good stuff.

If a survivor jumps in a locker in my face, how exactly do I slug them? It's a stupid mechanic that is literally uncounterable.

And, as anyone who has played killer will say, 99% of the times I get hit by DS happen after I chase/hook another survivor.

But ya, salty tunneling killer *smile*

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

I mean how can the not ignore the complaints of half of them are just "Rework DS it's annoying". People still complain about Legion and other killers the same way and they're very sick of it so they just ignore most complains. They're good developers and know what they're doing but sometimes people just make mistakes 🤷‍♂️