Crossplay isn't good

Zenn
Zenn Member Posts: 49

Did we even ask for this? Crossplay has ruined this game. Turn it off? Well good luck getting into a game since every PC player that has it ON can't be in a game with you. This is awful design. Console survivors are awful. Console killers are awful and toxic. The game is not fun with crossplay. It's also pretty clear that console killers have some sort of huge advantage given to them. I'm normally rank 3 survivor and I can't even climb right now with these killers. They are like 5x faster than normal, never miss, and hit me from like 10 yards away when I'm nowhere near them. This sucks.

Comments

• StarTrustTV
    StarTrustTV Member Posts: 5

Dude sorry to hear but there are some good sides, maybe try some killer and give survivor a break. Queue times are absolutely amazing and there are some good survivors on console that me (rank 1 killer main) had a massive hard time catching.

Give it some time man things will straighten out im sure in about 1 week or 2 all players will have gotten much better

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

There are sweaty killers and Survivors in both consoles and PC. The same with potato players too. Everyone act the same no matter on what the device is.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Crossplay is great. I like facing different people, and much shorter queue times. Though I will say I don't like running into so many streamers. Ran into 3 the last couple days. Watched them afterwards to see what I missed. (One missed his DS, which was hilarious. They stuck to typical trash talk, but made me kind of glad they're the two I killed. Another set seemed a bit newer to the game, and i felt kind of bad afterward. And the third I had a horrible game, and couldn't see this Claudette at all. Took me way too long to find my first survivor)

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404

I feel the same way, except about PC killers. literally every single one I've gone against have slugged the whole team at 5 gens. one PC killer even made me freeze in place at a pallet so they could catch up after getting looped for 4 gens. some of them literally NEED to lag just to be mediocre at best. imagine.

besides the killers, PC survivors are even worse. they do nothing while the rest of the team of console players do all the gens and be chased, unhook, take agro all game, then they leave through the hatch while you're in your first hook. OR they straight up just throw the game, like throwing a pallet and vaulting it until the killer shows up at the very beginning of the game just to get their Meg challenge done. literal trash.

and those experiences are just today.

despite that, according to PC survivors and killers, they're the epitome of top peak skill just cause "tHE sKILlcAp WiTh mOUse aNd kEybOaRd iS fAr suPerioR thAn cOntROllErs" and us console players are "trash" lmao sure guys

• Zenn
    Zenn Member Posts: 49

I'm glad so many of you are having such a wonderful experience with crossplay. Combine my original post with having lost about 2 million BP because of Error Code 111 and Error Code 112 over the last month, these devs are just awful and clearly they are doing something horribly wrong.

• DBDISTRASH0
    DBDISTRASH0 Member Posts: 1

!00% agree crossplay is trash and the only reason its here is cause they are too lazy to fix matchmaking what a trash team. Finding competent survivors already hard so lets match you up with counsel players LOL! What a lazy ass development team

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I've been having a blast playing Survivor with my PS4 friends since crossplay was implemented.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

I appreciate crossplay so much. My games load so quickly and have been a lot more fun, too. ☺ I'm on Switch by the way.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I don't think console killers are "better" on average than PC, if anything they're "worse" on average because of having limited motion as killer from what I hear. (I don't play console so I might be wrong.)

I have noticed though ever since crossplay got implemented that almost every crossplay survivor I've gone against has been mediocre at best, with me being able to count the number of exceptions on one hand. Maybe I'm just incredibly incredibly lucky/unlucky and I'm not even trying to make a claim that console players are bad or anything. Just sayin' that's what it's seemed like from my play sessions.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Overall I'm pretty happy with crossplay because of better queue times and more variety of players.

In my personal experience playing though I'd say the average survivor and killer I get from crossplay is much worse than what I'd get back from only PC. Just my experience so far.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

This is some weird bait. The survivors AND the killers are awful but the killers are also 5x faster? Keep it consistent, man.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,833

Crossplay is garbage. Which is why I turned it off. The wait times really aren't any different for PS4.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

I have crossplay disabled. Wait times are no different than I’m used to. Maybe I’m wrong but the few games I tried with it on it didn’t feel like I was on a level playing field. Maybe that’s all psychological.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    edited September 2020

If you don't like it, disable it.

Or deal with it.

Pick one.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

This is just my experience but since they turned on cross play the majority of my survivors I face are newbs. I almost feel bad for beating the crap out of them but then again, this is PC. This is like going from minor league to the Majors. They need to learn what's it's like to play with the master race. I can always spot a console player that hasn't faced a good PC nurse. They aren't used to a killer that can ignore loops.

Then there's the ones that think your an inexperienced killer. I get a lot of pressure when I down someone near a pallet. There tends to be 1 person waiting for the pick up. As if I'm going to fall for that. I fake the pick up, lure them out, hit that person, they run off. Then when I go back another tries the same thing. Meanwhile NO ONE is doing gens during all this. The same goes for people with flashlights. Practically part of the PC killer initiation is to learn to face a wall when picking up a survivor.

Since I got my killer ranked up again my que times are near instant. Although as a survivor I wouldn't want these people on my team. If I'm in a 3 man swf our 4th is almost always a cross player and that person usually gets carried by us.

• lukiepuwu
    lukiepuwu Member Posts: 9

i play on switch and idk, crossplay has been weird for me. its either a really balanced and fun match, or the killer is super sweaty and slugs everyone. i got the game early august and got to red rank just before crossplay was implemented, so maybe it’s just the fact that i haven’t experienced the game much

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

Sometimes crossplay is fine and I have a decent fun time. But most of the time it's awful. The survivors I match seem to be even worse then xbox survivors (I play on xbox).

I just turned crossplay off and the que times for both sides are fine and not long. So I guess a lot of Xbox players have the same feeling as me

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

Xbox One server and turned mine off. Queue times are no different except for maybe real real late at night say 1am-4am might be littler slower.

I notice when i play without cross play i dont suffer from frames dropping as much and i dont get as many DCs / death first hook.

Idk what it is but maybe everybody's like alright were all xbox players so lets work together or what but with crossplay enabled i seem to always get someone who DCs or dies first hook.

• exf310n
    exf310n Member Posts: 24
    edited September 2020

It's fun watching both sides argue that either PC or console survivors are potatoes. I know there are a lot of new players, and those are mainly the potatoes, whether they are console or PC. I've noticed that most console killers I play are more likely to miss basic attacks because it is harder to turn with joystick due to lack of turning sensitivity. But there are still good console killers and survivors, just as there are good PC killers and survivors.

• AlightBULLDOG
    AlightBULLDOG Member Posts: 54

The crossplay is fun. I dont understand why people dont like constantly getting ghost hit several times in one match, while getting teamed with with people in the mid teens getting matched up to lvl1 killers. That way you can be made in to a quick ornamental decoration... Honestly I enjoy it even more now. Not only do I have to wait 5+ minutes for a match I also dont have to be in the match as long with all the precise strikes that cut through walls, windows, and air behind/above/below and around me. Great job team!! Instead of fixing real issues, let's continue to make more problems.😁👍

• I dunno, I prefer them sometimes because they don't/can't trash talk in post game chat which is a HUGE bonus.

On the other hand I get the mas survivor and dear lord....blowing every skill check, sandbagging teammates, just refusing to ever work on a gen...it's brutal man.