The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you mind going against Swf?

2»

Comments

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Sure but it depends. Some days I just wanna play some chill games and relax. Other days I'm totally down to play against some swfs and sweat my ass off. Beating swfs feels way more satisfying and rewarding than beating solos especially if they're all stacked with second chance perks and I still manage to beat them. Feelsgood.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

When you realize you aren't getting a trophy for winning, you won't sweat the occasional loss to a good SWF.

A good killer generally beats solos every game so SWF is OK.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393

SWF has a clear advantage in games. There are some very coordinated groups that can be very frustrating to play against. I don't mind playing SWFs as many are not crack tactical teams. The try-hard teams are no fun most of the time. I won't dodge them, but I don't always enjoy them.

That said, I'd rather face nothing but SWF than face the constant camping and tunneling I see when I play survivor. It is just completely boring. I saw one killer 3 times in 8 matches today. He hardcore camps and goes for you right off the hook. His profile admits to being a camper because he likes to make people upset. There is no sport in this. It is boring and the top reason I switched to killer years ago. I play maybe one survivor match for every 4 killer matches, and only because my wife asks me to.

So, SWF is frustrating, but I don't mind playing them. I'd prefer those matches over getting camped to death every other match.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Most SWFs aren’t good and go for whacky plays above winning. I don’t mind it personally.

• Kolonite

Nah, buff solo survivors and then buff killers accordingly.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Id say 3-4 people. 2 man swfs are usually pretty chill. 3 mans screw over solo and killer. 4 man is what is brutally unfair for the killer.

SWF is needed and totally fine in concept. But the game really REALLY needs to be worked on in terms of 3-4 man swf

• herrik666
    herrik666 Member Posts: 191

It's always a challenge to go against a good swf, and I'll take that. If it was every single game maybe I'd get tired of it, but thankfully that's not the case.

Unless they are super optimal on gens to the point where you can't really do anything (especially playing weaker killers) I usually take it as a challenge. Not that I expect to win, but I expect to have some fun and at least walk from that game having at least learnt something.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
  • Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331

It varies with the SWF Group. I have had my best and worst games with SWF. I think killer lobby times would be to long without them though so I am all for them.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Yeah, every once in a while, there would be a full(or semi) group of swf.Not at all common as others claim they are. I admit.it's challenging but once you know how the mindset and how they coordinate, you might have a chance and learn to play around them. . (for me that is, but may apply to others)

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,188

I don't really mind it. It's somewhat annoying being locked into a killer when I queue though, because I would never take Trapper against a good SWF. If the killers were more balanced relative to one another, I'd be a lot less aggravated when I get queued against a comp style SWF and I automatically take an L because I queued as Myers or something.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393

The problem with that "separate mode" is that it is pointless. You can't build up a character. You don't earn anything, there are no goals. It gets boring fast. There needs to be a casual mode where you can earn separate BP to build separate characters. They can't be used in ranked play. Solves the problem. I think more people would be willing to join a chat lobby and play custom matches if there was some feeling of growth to it.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

As long as they're not toxic no. I mean tbh theres not much of a difference between SWF and randoms at all people WAY overhype them.

• Itachi
    Itachi Member Posts: 55

Most of the time I find it fine especially if they like to meme and play around. The only time I get tilted is if it's a full rank 1 sweat squad who's only goal is to do gens and leave.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

I only mind right now because i cant switch my killer in the lobby and survivors are still able to 6 second flashlight switch. I still cant wrap my head around the devs blatant stupidity. I got so sick of their nonsense i stopped playing their jank ass game

• Kolonite

It wouldn’t? It would be healthier for the game to strengthen the two weak links instead of punishing people for playing with friends.

•  Antares2332
  • Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Depends on the SWF. I've had a few that were fun. in that they didn't run full meta builds, sometimes sandbagged each other, had teabagging contests, etc.

I've gone against more that attempted to be sweaty, probably from watching Monto/Noob3 toxic series, and fail. Those, I get annoyed with.

Then the tac squads. Those speak for themselves, and usually paint a broad picture of all SWF. Which is why it's such an issue. They've given me a jaded outlook on 'buh I just wanna play with muh friends!' theme.

• Kolonite

giving them similar information that swfs have. Always knowing where teammates are etc. Then you’d just have to buff the killers base kit. Much better than punishing a good portion of their player base.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i hate it because most are cocky and toxic even if they not good,but it part of the game nothing can be done about it

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    edited August 2020

I don't mind playing against chill people that want to play with their friends and have fun, what I do have a problem with is a sweaty 4-man using all the perks and items to ruin your day while you meme around with some niche perk build trying to have fun.

•  Antares2332

I respect your opinion.

I still think that nerfing SWF would be better. I do not consider the idea of ​​removing auras as a "punishment", they will only have to get used to that way and they will also have to communicate more. It is simple and fast method instead of taking the time to improve the solo survivor and each one of the killers.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

really depends on the type of SWF i go up against.

some friends wanting to play together? totally fine.

a 4 man SWF tryharding like their life depends on winning this DbD match? i dont ever want to go up against that.

like, ive had two games just now: one where a 4 man SWF brought two keys, a genrush toolbox (purple genspeed box with BNP and additional repair speed) and a flashlight. they also had two OoOs and were stacked with all the meta perks they could bring. 3 escaped via hatch and then they proceeded to shittalk me in the end chat. the second game i had a SWF who would just genrush like nothing. like, no healing, no totems, no chests, nothing but gens, super coordinated on top of that.

both of these groups are groups i would never want to see again, simply due to how extremely unfun both games were.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

SWF teams are the disgrace of this realm.

Now, being serious. SWF totally breaks some of the game's mechanics. Some killers get their power really ruined by them, those are the ones that rely on stealth, Wraith, Shape and Ghostface and the ones that put traps on the ground, Trapper, Hag and partially Demogorgon. Also, these perks makes no sense using against them: Knock Out, Third Seal, Deathbound, Dark Devotion and many more.

SWF is just not fun at all, but since most of the high rank players play like this it can't be helped. Of course, if you go against a chill group then it's not that bad, but try it with a really sweaty team. It's a completely different level.

• LewdSies
    LewdSies Member Posts: 21

Im a killer main and I have to say I like swf. I like going against a team that has their crap together, but obviously isnt the legendary death squad lol. I will say though bhvr just needs to add comms so they can balance around the assumption everyone is talking, it will make changes come a lot quicker and encourage teamwork.

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348

I really don't mind casual swf. I'm sure I get those all the time and barely notice, except for when I notice that they are slightly more coordinated or aware than they should be. Most of the time it's not a big deal.

HOWEVER

The sweat squads who are out to specifically make your life miserable can ######### off. Get a hobby. And the tournament squads are even worse. Literally almost nothing you can do against them no matter who you play. I honestly don't understand how that's fun at all.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I enjoy the fact that swf are usually more challenging than solos, but I don't enjoy swfs who are meming around getting themselves killed. Overall I would rather face a swf team than a group of solos because it is more likely that I will be challenged in the trial.

• Kolonite

Removing auras wouldn’t make them any worse. If they’re actually good a good scary SWF they don’t need them. If you wanted to nerf swf it would have to be gen related. Anything information based it immediately countered by them being decently good and knowing how to do call outs.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I don't mind SWF too much unless they bring OoO.

I do think it has to be adressed though because the advantage they have is undeniable.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190

Mind? No

Like it? Never.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

I have no issue going against SWF, vast majority of them are not very good anyway and still an easy win. Can be frustrating if they all stack DS+Unbreakable though/bring a bad map offering though, but SWF is nowhere near as horrible a problems as maps, keys, moris, some killers to me

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    edited August 2020

I don't have a major issue with it.

Faced a two man team the other day (How do I know? Because they were streamers, and I watched the stream afterward). They trash talked the entire time more than anything. I ended up killing them both. (But their teammates got away). Had no idea they were SWF during the match. They missed their DS and I had to laugh.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited August 2020

When they don't have their profile private, i can see if they're friends.

• Iconoclast_iv
    Iconoclast_iv Member Posts: 26

Depends.

Sometimes i have a funtime and they play well, but i still have a chance to win if i do well enough.

Sometimes i find SWF that play super defensive or super offensive.

Defensive as in someone spotting, and everyone hides and escape before i reach the gen. I can spend the whole match not finding anyone.

Offensive comes in 2 flavors. Either they have 1 or 2 survivors in each gen, and as soon as i get near one, the survivor will run as far away from the other gens, usually with sprint burst, to give thee other more time. when im getting near the next gen 2 or 3 gens already popped and someone is rotating to unhook.

The other strategy seems to be to have the best looper act as a decoy/bait. Everyone is in the same gen but this one escapes sooner than the rest to grab my attention, while everyone repair as quick as possible as i chase.

I can usually spot a bait and ignore it, but they adapt quickly and switch to one of the other 2 strats or switch bait.

Not unbeatable, but i found myself being quite paranoid in most games thanks to that. Plus its most annoying when mixed with the above strategy, making the bait someone who repairs alone but knows i will not chase far since i will lose a lot of time chasing him.

Keep in mind i don't have a lot of experience in the game (200 hours), so i stick with matches in order to learn and get better, but its still really frustrating having that feeling that they are just playing you like a fiddle. The killer feels more like that guy who had to try catch their backpack as the bullies threw it around.

I will still play the match, but i'm not going to have a good time.