Console VS PC

Options
TheLastGreatStar
TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
edited February 2022 in General Discussions

Can we please stop this whole Console VS PC war? It’s becoming tiring, fast. I’ve been playing on PS4 and I haven’t noticed any difference. I’ve played as survivor and killer since the cross play was implemented and I know for a fact I’ve faced PC killers and I didn’t find them any more difficult or easier than a console killer. It comes down to the PLAYER and NOT the platform they’re playing on.

There’s good and bad players on every platform and it’s annoying seeing this almost elitist mindset from some people who think they’re better because of what platform they’re on.

We’re all playing this game because we enjoy it and it shouldn’t go any further than that. It’s a VIDEO GAME that most people play for enjoyment. This isn’t turf wars.

I’ve gone against some ‘potato’ survivors who were on PC, as I could tell by their usernames , but you don’t see me posting a thread like “oMg Pc SuRvIvOrS aRe So bAd” because I understand that platform doesn’t = skill.

There’s already a big and unnecessary divide between survivor mains and killer mains. Let’s not add fuel to that fire by adding something else.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• TheLastGreatStar
    Options

Exactly. It’s just beyond childish at this point. Online gaming just gives too many people a superiority complex. This is just adding new insults into the mix because if you lose a match it’s instantly because of the platform you were playing on.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

Guess opening a thread "CONSOLE VS. PC" is counterproductive, no matter which intentions you have.

• Spookybat8930
    Spookybat8930 Member Posts: 55
    Options

All platforms have noobs, ranks is messed up so bad players reach red ranks, this is also influxes on a system with a more player base. The only difference between them is console has worse frames and pc gets low graphics which makes it easier to see, so really pc get an advantage but overall it’s not that different

• IMilkNobody
    IMilkNobody Member Posts: 114
    Options

dbd on pc is better though

• Jokersmile
    Jokersmile Member Posts: 95
    edited August 2020
    Options

While you have some people who are PC master race forever most PC players love the idea of cross platform i know i do cause i have plenty of console friends but here is the issue with console FPS and controls puts them at a really big disadvantage i think BHVR will get this sorted out eventually. I also think they should lock the FPS to 60 for PC players for those who opt in for crossplay.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,512
    Options

Consolers: Lock it at 60fps? There's a number above 30????? We cannot consistently get even that...

• CottonelleFlushables
    Options

Heres some bhvr devs boots You can Lick Because PC will always have a advantage against Console players

• Jokersmile
    Jokersmile Member Posts: 95
    Options

I know but most PC players will opt out if FPS was any lower than that i think BHVR will sort out the console FPS issues i'm pretty sure they are aware of it.

• CottonelleFlushables
    Options

If it was 60fps since release on Consoles why would they Care to fix the fps now “All they want is you to play the game and sit down and throw money at them for Skins or these lame Passes that have just reskin colors

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

So you prefere to not talk about a topic which is absolutly relevant... just because of your ego? Ok then..

Lets not talk about Console Megs you have in every second game that use urban across the other side of the map while you just got hooked by the killer? Imagine they read this and adapt their playstyle.

Lets not talk about terrible console killer who are absolutly boosted in rank. Imagine they might adapt and actually become good at the game. Or even worse BHVR might improve the ranking system.

Lets not talk about FPS problems for console, better stick with the 30FPS because apparently it is no issue anymore.

Lets not talk about the amazing controle for killer, because imagine BHVR might improve it.

• V1V3
    V1V3 Member Posts: 87
    Options

You're indeed right, but everyone is better with controls that meet their needs. PC is the best when it comes to accuracy and keys, but this game doesn't need that many buttons to work. Than there's controllers. Great for button input, but lacks accuracy due to control sticks. Some can overcome the challenges of one controller and be less efficient with the other. So yes it does come down to the player.

• sekkima
    sekkima Member Posts: 194
    Options

Sorry i needed to put it 😆

• ironiron
    ironiron Member Posts: 101
    Options

I haven't noticed any difference between players after crossplay, and I see no reason to form any emotional attachment to a specific platform or to develop some bias about the type of person who chooses to play whatever platform. I played on PC and console prior to crossplay. The only difference is that it's much easier to aim on PC as killer. That's it. There are potatoes and skilled players on both platforms.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,512
    Options

They have been aware of them for almost 2 yrs. With the next gen consoles out in a few months those who have waited for optimization and/or like me who will be stuck on my Xbox1 for a long time after they are out kinda feel forgotten and left behind.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

There is just more literal couch potatoes on console using tv speakers to play the game

You can try to deny it all you want, but i never got gen grabs until cross play.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,807
    Options

Please give Xbox and PS4 an option to play with just eachother.

• OperationMintyHippo
    OperationMintyHippo Member Posts: 406
    Options

Thank you for saying this. I was literally coming here to say this myself. It doesn't help when there's massive streamers that also just talk trash about the other platform players (i.e. Monto's latest YouTube video just constantly speaking down on console players or a player is bad so they must be console, etc). That just creates an even greater unnecessary divide.

I'm on xbox and the only difference I've noticed is I get mori'd a lot by PC players as if I'm being singled out. 🙃 but I still have the same toxic and bad teammates, survivors I got against, killers aren't that much harder. I get more nurses than before but it isn't that difficult.

The fact PC people are suddenly acting holier-than-thou is what makes me not want to play with them. As if they never had bad teammates, toxic killers, or DCs before cross platform.

I've certainly stopped watching streamers and youtubers who add to this issue.

• TheLastGreatStar
    Options

What are you even talking about? Everything you said can be applied to PC players as well, so what exactly was the point you failed to make? Are you telling me you don’t get useless teammates and ‘boosted’ killers on PC? Because I’m certain you do. Stop acting like being a PC player makes you better as it doesn’t.

This is the exact type of elitist mindset I was talking about in my OP. It’s nothing to do with my ego. Yours however? Seems questionable to me.

• Kikki
    Kikki Member Posts: 536
    Options

Yeah lets blind it out that such Survivor's are on PC too and say everytime now only Console's are pleb's lol

Good joke.Good joke.

• TheLastGreatStar
    Options

You share pretty much all of my thoughts. I’ve seen so many Mori’s and hard camping / tunnelling since the cross play was implemented and I can tell it’s because of a player being ‘different’ - it’s just so ridiculous. I don’t get why you’d instantly want to target somebody who’s on console to try and prove a point that nobody really cares about? If I wanted to play this game on PC, then I would. I just prefer playing on PS4 and there’s nothing wrong with that.

I had a match today where I was the only PS4 player in the lobby and the killer kept trying to find me. I saw them on more than one occasion ignore other survivors as it was me they were looking for. It’s just going to cause so much unnecessary problems, as if the game wasn’t toxic enough.

Imagine sitting and complaining about que times and then when you get given something to improve them, you just act like an utter dick.

• xEa
    Options

It is from my personal experience and also obviously from yours to claim the opposite. I seriously think about to turn crossplay off because of those reasons even tho it will hurt my queue time quite a bit (which should not be the case if you ask me... getting forced into a choice between worse matchmaking or longer queue time).

Maybe it is the region (EU), maybe its FPS as many say, maybe its the controller or simply the nature that it is not that competetive there, maybe it is a combo of them all... i really dont know.

Whatever it is, its an issue for many.. not just me but also for plenty of other people. I dont hate console, i am probably more console guy then you (unless you have more then a thousend console games and 25+ consoles in your gameing room 😘) some of my friends play it on PS4, Switch and Box and we pretty much agree on that topic.

Why not try to fix it instead of shutting down the topic like you want? If you think there is no issue, well thats your opinion and i am glad you dont have any, i really am, but others do have a problem with it and they should be allowed to express their opinion.

So to repeat myself.. what is the point of my "pointless" thread:

FPS is a problem, even you obviously disagree (i have played DBD on Xbox and PS4)

Ranking and skillrange is now even more a problem, even you obviously disagree.

Controller is (especially for killer) a problem, even you obviously disagree.

• Kira15233
    Kira15233 Member Posts: 473
    Options

You haven't seen switch/pc yet

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I wish. That's the 1% of the 1% of PC players right there.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,045
    Options

Most of the threads ive seen though have been from console players talking NEGATIVELY about PC gamers and PC gamers just wanting to play the game. The amount of threads ive seen requesting crossplay turned off JUST so they dont play against PC players is staggering. Somehow though this still gets twisted to "PC players think theyre elitists" when we just want to play with our friends like everyone else.

• Tro
    Tro Member Posts: 223
    Options

I play in both pc and Nintendo switch and the fact is switch has a huge disadvantage. Sadly the switch population is so small that they won’t do anything about it.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

Yeah, because you NEVER run into that on PC...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• xEa
    Options

lol absolutly you do, nobody denies that but its no where near that frequent.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522
    Options

I enjoy the back and forth of pc to console. The only difference i've noticed is PC killers absolutely hate T-bags. Even more so than console. I don't know if it really hurts their E-peen to get embarrassed by a console survivor or it's just the nature over there on PC but it is fun as hell.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

show me the stats, because when I play on PS4, I’m only seeing that at Rank 10-20, like, any platform, heavily. Are you guys green/yellow ranks too? Otherwise, fake news

• badlydrawnboy
    badlydrawnboy Member Posts: 8
    Options

Late post here. I started playing on switch before cross play and it’s nice playing only with other switch players. The switch DBD community is very chill. Around the time cross play came out I started on PS4 just cause I like my PS4 controller a little better and didn’t really notice a difference at all in win/losses. I tried PC out just for the sake of it and I don’t like using the keyboard, but I did notice using the mouse to look around/aim actually works so much better than a controller stick, but I hate using the keyboard so it’s a no-go for me. It really depends on your play style and what makes you comfortable.

This discussion has been closed.