Remove CrossPlay for survivors on solo Q

C_Frank
C_Frank Member Posts: 179
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

I was happy when the new mmr left. Fun and balanced games for the most part. Until enter the cross play and the games are mostly like that.

Comments

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

you can remove cross play yourself. at the main menu go into settings and there is a box that allows crossplay, uncheck it (or if it disallows crossplay check it)... read the option and the right way will be obvious. i believe it's an "allow crossplay" if it is checked.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

As a solo player, I would like cross- play to stay on. Yes, console is currently at a disadvantage but it will eventually even out.

• C_Frank
    1. CrossPLay default is off, priority for those of us who do not have it activated in matchmaking. Same platform have priority to play together
    2. This console players play like rank 15. I die in 1 hook. Their chases lasted less than 10 seconds.
    3. SWF can invite cross-play. Point 1.
  • notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

Oh I didn't know doing 360's slower (which is barely the only difference between console and PC Survivors) was that big of an issue. A rank 1 PC survivor isn't much better than a rank 1 Switch survivor.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,261

If you dont want to play with them, why not just turn off crossplay yourself?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

If you actively decide to restrict yourself why should you have priority queuing.

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 189

You can just turn it off in your settings, you know that right?

• JLew
    JLew Member Posts: 160

Seriously...that is a good match...why are you complaining...turn it off urself

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,261

It wouldnt even be possible to have crossplay for SWFs and not for solo Q while still making lobbys. If I queue up with 2 friends on a different platform for myself, what platform would the solo Q random play on that we'd have to get grouped with to form a team of 4?

• JustYuri
    JustYuri Member Posts: 6

Do people not read? The game clearly tells you that your crossplay is on and that you can disable it whenever.

• C_Frank

The problem is that if you turn it off, you can't find a game. If you turn off, you only queue with those who also turned off the cross play. My solution: Only 1 queue. If there are 6 survivors 4 PC (2 cross-play 2 no) and 2 Console. The PC players play together. Same platform have priority. For users who have cross-play activated it will not change. Times are going to be faster. For platform users who do not complete a team, expect a cross-play player

• Lol what Planet are you from “But it will Eventually Even out” Lmao

I wished PC just stayed in their own Servers and Make it Just Crossplay for PS/Xbox/Switch the Major Advantages PC has like Auto Targeting on Console doesnt help against PC players who have 90fps

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

I play mostly solo and I want crossplay. Also, crossplay is on by default and you have to opt-out from the settings if you don't want it.

• Iceman

The same planet that you're on. And as mention above, you can easily turn cross-play off. Cross-Play on dbd is not that much of a big deal compared to having cross-play on fps games.

• I’m not sure you are from my Planet.

But here are Boots you can Lick

How About Just Keeping the PC to their Own Worlds because having 90fps against a 60pfs shows how much fair it is

And How about you know just keeping the PS4 Switch and Xbox Consoles with just those 3 themselves

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

Would you rather have longer queue times for more fair matches, or shorter queue times where it's a toss-up? I

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Opting out is a pseudo option You just heavily punish yourself with massive q times leaving no option but to live with this.

• Sunri
    Sunri Member Posts: 100

Please don't do that i love fast q and console players are as good as pc players i only hope that they activate dc penalty

• Iceman

I don't know what your issue with these childish insult because all I did was STATED MY OPINION.

I didn't reject your little suggestion of console only. If anything, if they implemented a feature that allows you to select what platforms you're willing to play with then that's not a problem.

There are console players who enjoy playing with pc players

• C_Frank

My option is faster queue times because is only 1 queue list. Now if we have 3 no cross-play and 1 cross-play. Is no a team. For people u active cross-play with my option is the faster way.