Why is Pig so hated?

I've seen multiple threads hating on Pig, basically calling her OP. But she isn't. She is a scary killer, in a game that people seem to forget is a horror game. When I play against her, her traps give me a extra layer of fear and suspense. With her ambush, it serves as this games current form of a jumpscare. And when she goes undetectable, people forget to stop hearing and start looking. Sure you can't hear her- but it is quite easy to see the big pink head slowly coming towards you. So why is she hated?

Comments

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

It's a meme. The Pig kinda sucks. Comparatively she's pretty underpowered. She's not horrible or anything, but yeah, just people joking around.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,954

Why don't you read the threads you mention or pose these questions in those threads, instead of making another thread about it?

• Chromeskull
    Chromeskull Member Posts: 250

Exactly! Yet I found a thread full of people screaming about Pigs confusing perks, broken crouch, annoying bear trap, etc.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I think she is pretty popular compared to other killers. (Every killer is hated by some people, nobody is loved by everyone.)

• Chromeskull

Because I got the feeling posting that question would get horribly abused.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Is she hated though? Not saying you're lying, but I've only ever seen like 2 or 3 people unironically complain about pig.

• Zaonhort
    Zaonhort Member Posts: 101

I don't really think she is hated that much compared to other killers. Everyone wants to boop the snoot. My name in game is even Boops Piggy Snoots. I can see why some may not like her since if you get a trap on your head you have to go search boxes but really it's only a mild inconvenience.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Half of it is memeing, the other half are mad about her doubly unfair rng

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

She's loved and those threads are usually jokes. Or salty newbs who don't understand her power.

For any of those players, here's how to play against Pig 101: if a survivor goes down, best NOT complete that generator immediately.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

I hate pig because how she was left broken after 2.7.0 and still hasn't received ANYTHING to aid her, so she remains literally the WORST killer in the game. I used to main her, but at after 2.7.0 patch and "basic attack" patch I just don't want to play her, she feels horrible, especially compared to what she was.

Of course some petty killer mains are going to say how they can "4k with her every game bruh what are you talking about she is strong", but let's be honest, if you can 4k on pig, you can 4k on any other killer (at least on those that are 115%) so that argument makes no sense here.

Her main problems are inconsistency, dependance on survivors and low versatility. Her traps also enable toxic gameplay strategies, which only adds to Pig being horrible.

• RBT are under survivors' control as they activate only when gen is done.
    • RBT are extremely RNG based. Survivor can guess the right box and get rid of the key in first 20 seconds, instantly making 1/4 of Pig's slowdown useless.
    • Because of how RNG based and dependant on survivors' actions RBT are, they are doing very poor job at winning time for Pig. You can never know at least approximate time you won with your main power. You are playing literal gambling game with her.
    • RBT also have very narrow windows where they are actually useful: Before first gens pop (1st trap which you get activated quickly). Between 4th and 2nd gen (at this point gens keep poping fast enough for you not to care and slow enough to manage 1 or 2 chases to put traps on). In any other case, traps either DON'T activate or putting them makes no sense: putting trap on last gens is useless as you are stalling game anyway and not letting them do gen, putting trap in the endgame is useless by definition and so on.
    • Ambush attack is just a very sad version of Demo's shred. Nuff' said. You crouch - they quit loop. You try to ambush them - the roar gives up your position too early. Before terror radius nerf there used to be cool whispers shenanigans, but even they are gone.
  • TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    1. Her RBT's ensure that a survivor stops focusing on doing gens and has to run around for up to 2 minutes trying to get it off of their head.
    2. If they don't get the RBT off of their head before the timer runs out, it kills them.
    3. Pig can bodyblock the jigsaw boxes to ensure an RBT will kill a survivor.
    4. Jigsaw boxes skillchecks are affected by Unnerving presence.
    5. She's stealthy.
    6. If she has 2 or more survivors with ticking RBT's she can focus on the survivors doing gens instead which stops survivors from doing them efficiently, resulting in slowing the gen progress to a crawl, and hands her an easy win.
    7. RBT's = same slowdown as "old" Ruin, except it can't be destroyed in the first minute of the match, and it's her base kit so it doesn't take up a perk slot.

"PiG OP, pLZ NeRf!"

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

Pig is hated and OP? #########

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Pigs like to tunnel and she is basically just an m1 killer in chase. Bear trap rng is annoying as well.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905

I think it's because pugs are known to tunnel camp and focus out good loopers as they can completely ruin her game plan

• Chromeskull

So because they're hard to counter and some pig mains re tunnelers, etc people don't like them?

• Waffleyumboy

Not hard to counter, just annoying to run around searching boxes.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Except when I play pig.......no one wants to boop my snoot......

• Funkerlied
    Funkerlied Member Posts: 37

RBT RNG is a ######### and that's why. Neither fun for the survivors not the pig.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

As far as Im aware, the only reason people took issue with the pig was becauze of her traps. Traps that when gens were done started ticking down till death. It is literally to discourage gen rushing.

Problem is, since gen rushing is the favorite tactic (by gen rushing i mean ignoring totems and even igmoring unhooks unless overly blatantly safe) survivors have a tendency to get angry when they cant do a generator and instead have to remove traps.

This led to her biggest (and in my opinion uncalled for) nerf. The traps not activating when people leave through the exit gates with them. I understand it being bypassed for tje hatch, i disagree with it but i understand it. Making her traps not go off by the exit gates was a TREMENDOUS nerf and it makes the pig much less fun for me to play. The traps are supposed to be timewasters yes, but also they are supposed to feel urgent, threatening, something to that affect.

If noone has a ticking trap on them while there is only one gen undone the traps may as well do.nothing because after opening that exit gate theres no consequences for being lazy in removing traps.

• JustaPotato
    JustaPotato Member Posts: 10

I don't hate her. I enjoy playing as and against her. Sure, RNG is a real pain but the entire game is essentially RNG. The devs hate her though. They nerfed any end game she had. Her add ons are bad except for like 3 and theyre brown and yellow. She's not a strong killer, the devs made sure of that.

• thetoxicteacher
    thetoxicteacher Member Posts: 48

I've only been playing a couple days and am only survivor rank 17, but it seems like Pig is the killer that consistently wipes out the survivors. What is the counter?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615
    edited August 2020

I don't hate her, i just dislike her Killer Power.

If i go against her, it takes me 2-4 Jigsaw Boxes, if i play as her, the RBTs come off in 1-2 Jigsaw Boxes.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

She's mainly just an M1 Killer. Just loop her and buy yourself a bunch of time, same as all M1 killers. She shouldn't really ever hit you with her ambush unless she's really good since it's a very poor ability. Her trap is annoying but if she puts one on you just go take it off while she's busy with someone else.

At rank 17 you're likely still not used to doing efficient loops or chaining tiles together and everything, that will come in time. Frankly at rank 17 the survivors barely touch generators and spend half the match crouched in corners because they're still scared of the killer, which is exactly what M1 killers want since they don't have any way to close distance without spending a lot of time chasing. If everyone is focused on doing gens and spreading out, it's gonna be really rough for the Pig.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    edited August 2020

I don't like pigs because many of them just tunnel the guy with the trap on their head, and make the game miserable for just that one person. i.e they'll follow you with your trap on, while they're crouched, so they don't initiate chase, and wait for you to get it off, then down you and trap you again. They'll do this over and over again until all the gens are done. not kidding, they don't even care about the gens or winning, just ruining the game for the one person.

Again, it's obviously not everyone, but the reason some killers are hated as much as the pig is the particular scummy strategies they like to implement using that killers power.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I don’t hate Pig herself, but I can’t stand the way people play with her. She’s probably my #1 hated Killer to face because of that.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

Pig has one of the more fun possibilities IMO.

Amanda's Letter + Video Tape + Murky Reagent; crouch in the thick fog, and you can see their aura and dash quick. It entertains me at least.

Discordance / Pop / BBQ / whatever

• PigMainClaudette

That's NEWER Pig players, and the least optimal way to play her. Something that I and a lot of other Pig players are trying to discourage a LOT as it both brings us down, similar to guilt by association, and it's generally just a terrible way to play.

Unfortunately the logic that goes into trap-tunnelling is also the very logic that I use against it: You know where that survivor will be and what they're doing. Trap-tunnellers use this as an excuse of them being vulnerable and easy to pick off, where I prefer to have a slow game and say that if you have an RBT, I can write you off from the match until it's removed so I can focus on the generators more. Coincidentally it also helps me avoid DS outright, and if I run into a trapped survivor, then I slug them. Eats Unbreakable too!

One thing that I also like to do @redsopine00 to deal with good loopers is to actually just try and ambush them instead, or go for a straight hook-trade if they are coming at me. That first hit can actually really throw off survivors, since you got it so easily from them.

• Waffleyumboy

It's nice to hear some pigs don't tunnel, but most do, so pig will probably stay hated until her rework.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Pig a stinky

• PigMainClaudette

She doesn't need one, and anyone who actually takes time to play her properly knows that tunnelling is hot garbage. If you want some time, I'll do some Customs for a stream and prove certain things that I have been saying on these forums.

I think that the hatred towards Pig is heavily misguided, and I have similar feelings about Wraith and the myriad of lower ranked players who use him for easy face-camps.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

I don't hate Pig. I think she's one of the weakest killers. Her power is purely based on luck.

A match I had tonight is a great example. Three out of the four survivors got their traps off on their first attempt. Gave her no pressure at all, and there was literally nothing she could have done to change that. It was through no fault of her tactics. It was simply bad luck RNG.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

I used to enjoy playing Pig until they added delay before roar. Pig could oink very fast and funny if you spam m1 in ambush mode. Now she oinks awful because they inecreased time beetween roars.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Trap RNG is probably the main thing. Good pigs will also force a 50/50 at small to medium loops with her ambush and depending on the add-ons she's using the time that you have to react can be really small. Most pigs I see, even scorpionz, will do the same thing everytime with the ambush so I've found it's not too hard to counter. And only very few Pig players will actually use it in the first place.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

OH... can I join in on that

It'll be a good way to show me how you play her (and possibly show you how I play her)

• Buckoben
    Buckoben Member Posts: 351

As a Pig main myself I agree with the other Pig mains. However, that also doesn't mean be an idiot. The amount of times I have seen a survivor complain that I'm a "Typical Pig Player" because they did a head trap right next to me with my Terror Radius up is insane, and any good player will get you off that box if you are close to them.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

I've always thought of her as top five. Built in game slowdown, HUGE potential to mindgame loops, and a stealth ability that can get you a free hit or grab. Shes my favorite killer to go against, and second favorite to play as. And the 115 doesn't mean anything. I can only 4k with pig and nurse, unless I get lucky. Why? Because of pigs natural game slowdown, and anti loop potential, and nurse is the best killer in the game, and I don't really have to explain her. I'd say she's 5th strongest imo. Itd go nurse, spirit, freddy, pphead, and pig. I say pp boi is 4th because of his mindgame potential at loops. Spirit and freddy are obvious, and again nurse is the best killer. But yea. Pig has everything. Anti loop, game slowdown, and a stealth ability. Not to mention if they don't get off gens, which takes away your slowdown, you get a kill.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Traps still activate in the gate, if they are active.

• PigMainClaudette
  • PigMainClaudette

Oh, agreed. Free slug for pressure is a free slug for pressure. You just don't go out of your way to make that happen.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i for one hate her due to how her trap mechanics work.

its pure RNG whether you get the trap off or not, which in my opinion is just, simply put, really bad gamedesign.

i dont like to play AS her, due to how inconsistent the power is and i dont like to play AGAINST her due to how many times i timed out, just because RNG decided that the key was in the last box i checked and the killer happened to be around that area.

like, i dont learn anything from those scenarios, i cant improve in them and i cant do anything against it eigther. its just annoying.

she needs a complete rework in how her boxes work.

for example, why not spawn in 5 boxes by default but guarantee the key on the 4th box?

that way i, as the killer, know that the trap will be stalling them for some time while as a survivor i can judge how long its going to take me to remove it and make good decisions based on that.

the killer will also not be able to camp a box, due to me having two options when it comes to obtaining the key.

• PigMainClaudette

Sure. The more the merrier.

Just gotta get through Destiny 2's Solstice of Heroes event, and the Destroy All Humans! remake.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Where do you see these threads? Haven't seen such in a while and I generally only rarely see people complain about Pig so really not sure where you're coming from?

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2020

I don't hate her. I don't particularly throw my arms up in celebration when she turns out to be the killer, but her power does change the feel of the round in a refreshing way.

Which threads did OP refer to which declared Amanda was too strong? I honestly have not come across a discussion of that nature. It may well have been overlooked, but certainly nothing stands out in my mind.