Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What music do you guys listen to while playing DBD?

akbays35
akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

I find myself listening to music box covers for songs it helps me calm down, especially when I play killer and the sound it soothing and unobtrusive to the gameplay.

Comments

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    I blast some Tupac when I'm playing survivor.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    iceman2kx said:

Uh nothing. As a killer there's way to many audio ques for finding survivors. Even if I am casually grinding BPs like I often do, you are purposely handicapping your trials by playing music over the game.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Nothing, I like the chase music though its nice
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

I actually listen to my own music, particularly this one song I wrote called
    “The sound of my friends bitching about gen rushing in the Discord call”.

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    Here you go TC ^_^
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VFqoRtF08

If I'm solo usually chill music on spotify like synthwave, vapor wave, tomppabeats, lofi, etc.
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@iceman2kx said:
    Uh nothing. As a killer there's way to many audio ques for finding survivors. Even if I am casually grinding BPs like I often do, you are purposely handicapping your trials by playing music over the game.

that's why i do music box, there's nothing like it in the game and its typically so low volume that it doesn't affect anything

• Yzalirk
    Yzalirk Member Posts: 59
    Whatever I add to my Spotify favorites.  It is mostly Rock, Grunge and Metal music.
  • Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    Killer (specifically Mikey) - Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson

Survivors - Gimme More by Britney Spears

Don't question my preferences
  • FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    Mostly Extreme Death Metal cuz it calms me down
  • ShamefulKing
    ShamefulKing Member Posts: 130
    Whatever I'm feeling like that day. I listen to a bit of everything and typically change the lyrics I'm singing along to match what I am doing in the game.

Small tip, Bohediam Rapsody is EPIC when getting chased by a killer.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Curious how killers say that they can't afford to hear music while survivors blast all kinds of music. 
    Almost as if one side is constantly stressed and the other one has a relaxing match. 
  • Oblitiry
    @Tsulan said:
    Curious how killers say that they can't afford to hear music while survivors blast all kinds of music. 
    Almost as if one side is constantly stressed and the other one has a relaxing match. 
    Depends on your mind set and own play style. Some killers can do just fine without needing to constantly "stress" themselves over needing to hear everything, even at red ranks.

I can listen to music easily as a survivor as long as it has no lyrics. However if it's billy, LF, nurse, or spirit then I can't do it because I need to hear their abilities. 

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Nothing while playing DBD but sometimes during the lobby. Mostly Cannibal Corpse.
  • ShamefulKing
    ShamefulKing Member Posts: 130
    Oblitiry said:
    @Tsulan said:
    Depends on your mind set and own play style. Some killers can do just fine without needing to constantly "stress" themselves over needing to hear everything, even at red ranks.

I can listen to music easily as a survivor as long as it has no lyrics. However if it's billy, LF, nurse, or spirit then I can't do it because I need to hear their abilities. 

I absolutely agree that it comes down to play style and probably experience. I'll still have the volume of the game playing through my headphones, but quite low. Enough to hear the audio queues for both sides anyways.
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    I wish I could listen to the Halloween (Michael Myers) theme for every killer....and also pretty much non-stop throughout my day.

Honestly, I challenge anyone to name ONE thing it doesn't go well with.
  • NoOne
    NoOne Member Posts: 42
    To no music. I want to hear the ingame sounds, another reason why i am not talking to anyone when i team up with a friend sometimes. 
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

I usually listen to Megadeath while playing as the killer. More specifically:

• Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?
    • Killing is My Business

As the survivor, my music tastes are honestly too random to list.

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    akbays35 said:

I find myself listening to music box covers for songs it helps me calm down, especially when I play killer and the sound it soothing and unobtrusive to the gameplay.

I can’t stand loud noises while playing that’s like the worst is when I’m playing swf and there’s that one guy with music blasting and you have no idea what’s going on
  • lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    Tsulan said:
    That’s just an opinion and you know it, most survivors I know would never want that 
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    I listen to chase music while running in circles for 10 minutes.. 

Ok for real now I don't listen to music while playing DBD. Would rather listen out for survivors as much as possible. 
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@iceman2kx said:

• Darksilk
    Darksilk Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2018
    I don't.  I watch a video on YouTube or twitch while waiting on game to start but after that all in game sounds
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

Only as survivor, the game is easy enough that Iisten to music

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

I usually play a little bit of 'elevator music' when I'm camping with Leatherface to pass the time.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

None. I want to be able to hear what's going on around me.

• Cass
    Cass Member Posts: 47

@Oblitiry said:
    Here you go TC ^_^

If I'm solo usually chill music on spotify like synthwave, vapor wave, tomppabeats, lofi, etc.

You are a absolutely scary person

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

I only play music in the lobby while I am waiting to get my pumped/in the mood, for example, the theme from Saw whenever I play Piggy

• AzazelAxios
    AzazelAxios Member Posts: 51
    The sweet sound of the Huntress's humming.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

While actually playing?
    Cause then i listen to whatever the game decides to play.

In the main menu and lobby though, i got my own playlist consisting of about 400 songs, so that's too many to name.

• Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

Love me some Marina and the Diamonds while I'm spending blood points! Don't think I could play it in game, though. Regardless of whether I'm a killer or survivor I need to listen. Michael's asthma attacks have saved me more than once from getting pulled off a generator.

• BasementBubba
    BasementBubba Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2018

Usually if it's Myers I like to have "Don't Fear the Reaper" softly playing in the background.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Nothing i am listening for breathing or grunts of pain.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435

@Attackfrog said:
    I wish I could listen to the Halloween (Michael Myers) theme for every killer....and also pretty much non-stop throughout my day.

having dieareah. I know I misspelled it

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited October 2018

@TheDarkLycan said:

@Attackfrog said:

having dieareah. I know I misspelled it

Sleeping. Can't sleep cause it plays continuously and every minute it switches between the loud version and normal version.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Myer’s Chase Music. It never gets old. 
  • Oblitiry
    @Cass said:

@Oblitiry said:
    Here you go TC ^_^

You are a absolutely scary person

How about now?

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    When juking a killer I play this

https://youtu.be/0HdBmpvFF2c
  • DarkWo1f997
    edited October 2018
    I still want to be able to disable the music, the DAYZ ambient tracks would make survivor-stealth panic inducing. 
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    When playing Killer I listen to DMX. XD
  • DarkWo1f997
    When playing Killer I listen to DMX. XD
    Where da hood at ear wreck everytime you initiate a chase with a survivor. Followed by an incredibly shaky screen and distorted audio. 

Get on it devs. Tick tock. This man knows quality! 
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    When I'm playing killer, I put myself in an empty Discord channel and listen for the sounds of survivors breathing and whimpering.

When I'm playing survivor, I listen to the sounds of my friends bitching because I'm playing DBD instead of Ark, GW2, 7DtD, or whatever they're playing at the time.
  • DarkWo1f997
    Esheon said:
    When I'm playing killer, I put myself in an empty Discord channel and listen for the sounds of survivors breathing and whimpering.

When I'm playing survivor, I listen to the sounds of my friends bitching because I'm playing DBD instead of Ark, GW2, 7DtD, or whatever they're playing at the time.
    Your comment perfectly sums up the difficulty difference between survivor and killer. 
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    edited October 2018

@FinLadd said:

I was going to comment on this but your name says it all.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

Tool

• FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190

@FinLadd said:

You need to explain what you mean by that... Im confused

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    edited October 2018
    FinLadd said:

@FinLadd said:

You need to explain what you mean by that... Im confused

Your name is so Finnish that I can hear you screaming ÄÅÄÅÄÅÄÅÄÅ at the Swedes.

And as any good man knows, anything Scandinavian is synonymous with death metal.
  • LegoChest
    LegoChest Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2021

I listen to meme music lmao cause its funny or like james bond theme song or mission impossible when im playing survivor only tho. Some meme songs i like are sandstorm, the pink panther theme, spanish flea (one of my fav's), crabvibe (from crab game) SONIC green trill zone (another fav) or can you feel the sunshine, among us drip song pretty fire too, Super mario bubblaine or sometimes tetris music is good. CANNOT FORGET Wii Music!!!!! Anyway its fun hiding from the killer or running while you have the james bond theme in the background makes me giggle. <3

Post edited by LegoChest on
  • shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

BIBI (Bad, Sad, and Mad) when playing Killer and Somi (Birthday) when playng Survivor.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Did you just necro.. A 3 year old post?

A true legend.