To console survivors that want only Console Crossplay

Options
BlueskyNew
BlueskyNew Member Posts: 11
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

You shouldn't punish people trying to have fun with their PC.

While Fps gives you an advantage, it doesn't provide you any skill, if the PC player is bad, Fps will not make him win the game.

And not all PC players are try hards, some are just people trying to have fun.

Comments

• BlueskyNew
    edited August 2020
    Options

If you're playing Deathslinger with Crossplay on, you're doing something wrong, Queue times are instant on console for you.

That's why i wrote "console survivors"

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

also you can't tell if it pc player or different console i think it fine.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited August 2020
    Options

Queue times on console aren't really instant for me. With CP it's like a minute. Without it I'm in queue for upwards of 5+.

Post edited by deadbyhitbox on
  • BlueskyNew
    edited August 2020
    Options

if you feel like playing against PC players if unfair, opt out of crossplay.

• BlueskyNew
    edited August 2020
    Options

If you want to go that way, i can say the same exact thing about SWF, why should they be allowed to have free information ? How is this fair to the other side that have to bring perks for little information ? How is this fair to the other side who don't also have the option to gain free information ?

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited August 2020
    Options

That's entirely different. Were talking about distinct differences in gameplay and optimization based on platform. Not the balance of the game.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

How does this even relate to between PC and Console? This sounds more like you realized I was right and threw another random topic to confront me. It doesn't change the fact that that PC has a clear advantage with Framerates and the ability to see a red stain through walls simply by changing the graphics options to low.

• BlueskyNew
    Options

You can resolve this issues by simply opting out of crossplay. Don't feel like playing against an opponent that have better FPS ? Simple, opt out of crossplay.

Sadly, we can't do the same with SWF.

• Liruliniel
    Options

Oh i noticed that now that I pointed this out you would rather have people drop out of crossplay, but for some reason these seem to be the issues people would rather not deal with. Considering the advantages that you seem to list as small details that don't matter because not all plauers are "sweat or good at the game" these are the sole reasons people want to have console only crossplay without having to deal with PC players.

Don't worry though SWF is the real issue 🤣

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,128
    edited August 2020
    Options

Crossplay is all well and good, but it clearly is not as polished as members of the dead by community expected, especially on console. Playing on console is a trip within itself. I'd have preferred more game modes instead of crossplay, but this is just how it is. People are adapting how they want to, and opting out of crossplay is a reasonable response

• darklinger
    darklinger Member Posts: 128
    Options

We must choose platforms which want to play with. All time I almost faced only pc. Non english nicks I now it pc players. And experience as killer horrible. This disadvantage must exclude pc players or make console at pc level. If I opt out queues take longer.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

99% of the time a console player has that globe next to their name

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

Honestly I read the OP as the typical SWFs message with afew words swapped around which Im pretty sure was intended.

You shouldn't punish people trying to have fun with their (friends).

While (comms) gives you an advantage, it doesn't provide you any skill, if the (SWF) player is bad, (SWF) will not make him win the game.

And not all (SWF) players are try hards, some are just people trying to have fun.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    Options

The smoothness of PCs are relevant only when the survivor is already good, indeed, but than, it makes things harder against a hard opponent anyways.

But now we hope consoles perfomance to get more love from developers.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

when your on ps4 there someone with globe next to their name mean they could be on pc or they could be on swirch X box one or win store.

when your on steam and someone with globe next to their name mean they could be on any of the Console ps4 xboxone switch or win store.

what i was saying is people on Console see a person with globe by they name does not mean they on pc,the globe next to people name only means they not from you system

WHY I SAID YOU CAN'T TELL WHO ON PC OR ANOTHER CONSOLE!

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

Oh it's easy to tell. Some networks don't allow certain characters, symbols or spaces and on Xbox and PlayStation they have apps and you can easily look up names if you really want to know. The strange thing is that they're keeping it a secret, but I understand why. If console players always found out they were going against PC killers, they would want to opt out. And the frame Advantage is real, in fact it's so real that many multiplayer games didn't allow the frame rate to be improved for PS4 Pro because it would provide an unfair advantage against players on PS4. Besides the fact that until hit validation is a thing, the killer already has an advantage and then has an additional Advantage with frame rate and stability.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

I'm on ps4 and steam and on ps4 i can't tell if I'm facing someone on steam or switch

and characters, symbols or spaces your talking about usernames right? i still can't tell maybe i have face steam player who knows.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited August 2020
    Options

Yeah, but we shouldn't be punished because Bhvr doesn't want to properly optimize console. That, and M&K is far better mechanically than a controller is: between input lag (due to wireless) and fps stuttering, PC has it really easy.

• Liruliniel
    Options

I'll never unsee this and it's even better because he brought up SWF as a argument later on too. 🤣

Also long time no see. I hope all is well with you. I see that post count shot up while I was gone, but im trying to stay away from the forums anymore. They sucked a large portion of the fun out of DBD for me. Once I stopped visiting as much i noticed how much better DBD became for me.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    edited August 2020
    Options

I dunno what it's like to play as a survivor on PS4 against a PC killer, because survivor queues still aren't instant so I only bother like once a day, but...

It's kind of annoying to play killer and see four little global symbols in my lobby. It feels like my platform is being used to ease queue times for other platforms, and it doesn't benefit me because I had instant queue times as killer on PS4 before crossplay was enabled. Survivors on other platforms get the benefit of faster queues but as killer I didn't get anything except the possibility of going against opponents with better fps. Crossplay didn't come with/after console optimization. It also didn't come with cross-progression for PS4 and Xbox (and apparently cross-progression for these platforms may never come), which is the cross-progression most wanted because many console players would like to try out the better fps PC players get to enjoy. Many console players are pissed off.

I have gone afk so many times in the middle of a match because of the ridiculous number of frames the game will drop, especially as Doc. What fun, to chase a survivor, finally be ready to go for the hit, and then suddenly frames drop and it's worse than if they had used Dead Hard, not to mention it can happen numerous times in once chase. Seeing that 90% of my lobbies aren't even PS4 players anymore means I'm less likely to fight through the pain of bad framerates. We're all trying to play for fun, and that crap ain't fun to play through. Just an FYI for any survivors wondering why a killer may have quit/gone afk with four gens left: fps matters.

Edit: As an aside, a lot of survivors on console have figured out how to use aim dressing and the bad framerate against killers. Going against PC killers means this works less often, which may be part of the reason console survivors don't like crossplay. Just a theory.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

My PC kinda ######### the bed. The thing started smoking where the power supply is, so I promptly unplugged it and havent plugged it back in since. Had to order a special key to open up my over the top case because I lost the one that came with it. Until that comes in and I can get the needed repairs done... yeah. Atm I'm using a little netbook to chat on here thats USUALLY playing non-stop peppa pig for my 1 year old, lol.

This is what my ridiculous looking PC looks like incase your curious.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

Crossplay has just landed me with laggy games so I turned it off anyways.

PC just has too many advantages.

-Frame Rate

-Resolution Settings (Stretched Screen)

-Graphics (Visuals)

Some other things as well.

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293
    Options

This is true

l play clown and when l hit console survivors with a bottle and then m1, the low FPS kicks in and they just charge off into a tree or something, without having any control.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

Wait... do people on PC have control after being hit? Not joking, I thought running into trees/walls after getting hit was the unavoidable norm as a survivor.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited August 2020
    Options

I think the MMR will HOPEFULLY help with a lot of the "skill" issues, but the reality is... the only downside to crossplay is needing to learn to get better at the game. Or you'll simply derank and be where you should be. Aside from FPS issues which is the developers failure to optimize their game in 4 years.

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293
    Options
  • HolyLadyGaga
    HolyLadyGaga Member Posts: 51
    Options

You can also OPT out. Why complain about a feature where you can literally OPT out of it. It's kind of like a customer service job at this point where you offer a solution to the customer but they're not happy with it because it's not the solution they want. "How dare you offer me a solution that I know about but don't wanna take!" It's kinda laughable and I feel bad for BHVR and everyone else that has to deal with all these bland, old, used up, complaint threads.

• janeromeroismyqueen
    janeromeroismyqueen Member Posts: 10
    Options

I think having crossplay just between consoles would be better anyway. I personally am glad that they included PC in with it because I play on PC and my friends are buying the game on switch since it's the only consoles they have..but I do think that the game is just too different on PC vs console for it to work out in the long run. Maybe allow SWF & custom games between PC and console but that's it? All crossplay has given me so far is laggy games, even worse teammates, and super long survivor queue times.

• Liruliniel
    Options
  • dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165
    Options

until optimization or crossplay between consoles its a thing i really don't see a good reason to play with pc players

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459
    Options

I couldn't agree with you more. All of this feels very unfair and was implemented just to help PC players with their queues. Why are the devs neglecting the console players and treating them like trash?

For me the crossplay has brought only negatives:

-As a survivor with cp on my queue times are just as long as they were before cp but I have to be at an disadvantage because of fps

-As a survivor with cp off my queue times are longer than before because 3/4-man SWFs fill the queues and solos are forced to cp queue if they don't want to wait 10+ minutes

-As a killer with cp on my queue times are longer (but 3 min at most) than they were before cp and I have to be at an disadvantage because of fps

-As a killer with cp off my queue times are instant but there is nothing but 3/4-man SWFs left who abuse the hell out of aim dressing and fps drops. Solos are a rare sight because SWFs fill the queues and I think too that the reason is the fact that they know they can't abuse aim dressing and fps against PC killers so they opt out.

All of these options are bad for a console killer/solo survivor. Thanks BHVR.

• Robotman200
    Robotman200 Member Posts: 49
    Options

Maybe on the x-series or the ps5 behavior will finally give that frame rate boost

Then again they probably will just implement the new graphics and make the game run at a solid 2 frames, buyin a pc is a better choice in my mind anyway