The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What's the MOST unbalanced thing about this game and does it need a change?

Antares2332
Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

What's the MOST unbalanced thing about this game and does it need a change? 114 votes

DS (Decisive Strike)
3%
Seiko300KingOfGhostYffriiumWooliest_Mammoth 4 votes
SWF
26%
GibberishAdelookodiakyBlueberrymintchapstickF60_31XzanDemiurgPatchNoirmusstang62palletsryummyRin_is_my_waifuGlamourousLeviathanHexNoedOBXAwkward_FiendWiktoroxViccLiddyIllution 30 votes
EGC (End Game Colapse)
2%
NekoKashiPior_MorteSiMpSoUp 3 votes
The mechanics of gens
2%
Falkner09EobardThawneusedtoliveonmars 3 votes
A Killer (specify which)
2%
ThePilgrim_ScottCrypticghoulSheridan_LT 3 votes
Keys & Moris
41%
FallenRanger0OnryosTapeRentalsGHERBEARRULESZerLukasTapeKnotDimekTrwthJawsIsTheNextKillerKernelzillaMrPenguinUistreellazerlightSillierHorizon5Dr_LoomisMalkhrimSunaIIanuUrEmperorkinTodgeweihtSlayer192845 47 votes
Keys
2%
Dr_TrautsKatie_metRockatansky 3 votes
Moris
9%
RattmanAven_FallenTaigaArcticWolfParallaxEnderloganYTSlashstreetboyIamDwightElessar86MotherOfRaccoonsScaryCat 11 votes
Other (specify)
8%
dragobv[Deleted User]Gesteppiebjorksnaslilsweetrollbm33DariusB92DecemberManSulferCheeseAnton 10 votes

Comments

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    edited August 2020
    Moris

I mean, mostly you can counter everything except for moris. If killer tunnels from hook and then uses mori, that's gg. If he does this from beginning of the game that's gg for whole team.

• Sheridan_LT
    Sheridan_LT Member Posts: 417
    A Killer (specify which)

I'd say Spirit, but even Spirit requires SLIGHTLY more skil than Michael frickin' Myers. Michael needs a heavy not nerf, but rebalancing of his power so it requires any skill at all that a person with functioning eyesight, hand eye coordination and well, limbs, will be intimidated even slightly by.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921
    Keys & Moris

On top of being able to shift the tides of the game to an absurd degree, they’re pretty dull and need some shine.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Moris

Keys are with this, but I believe if one had to come first it should be red moris

a simple a change as making everyone moriable after hooking everyone at least once is all that's needed. Green is fine though.

for keys, have an animation play that takes 3-5 seconds before hatch opens, and MAYBE have the killer get a loud noise notification. also make survivor grabbable again.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    edited August 2020
    Moris

I´ll go with Moris even as a Killer main. You can´t say they´re not imbalanced with a straight face and mean it.

Close second for SWF and Object of Obsession though.

Seriously, I get you´re frustrated but you´re in the 0,1% of people that think Myers is op. I´m tempted to give you the Doctors advice but I don´t wanna come off as a douche.

• Gesteppie
    Gesteppie Member Posts: 29
    Other (specify)

I believe the beginning of the game is the most unbalanced simply because there a few killers that require setup before the match really begins.

There was a post a while back about altering the beginning of the match by enforcing a heavy progression penalty on gens until one of a few things happened:

1. the killer started a chase
    2. the beginning timer ran out
    3. a gen was completed

This gives opportunity for killers like Trapper and Hag to set up. They are simply not played as much because they suffer too much time penalty at the start, particularly with those who are new or haven't quite mastered the Killer yet. This would also encourage Behavior to create more Killers that use setup time at the beginning of the match, rather than just flying straight into the survivors face within the first 30 seconds.

Most other things are reasonably balanced simply because they counter something else in the game.

And gens.... what else do you expect survivors to do? Stand there and die?

• Dimek
    Dimek Member Posts: 286
    edited August 2020
    Keys & Moris

+ ds into the locker/ healing other survivor/ reparing gen

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465
    Other (specify)

survivors being able to equip 4 second chance perks that all have synergy with each other

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 600
    SWF

SWF destroys half of the perks in the game and low map pressure killers too because of gen speed being fast.

i cant say moris are broken because MOST of the times survs can DC in loading screen without penalty (FIX BEHAVIOUR NOW), keys are almost invisible in screen and survs can change chars last second so killers cant prepare a Franklin before that and have to let it happen or tunnel (not balanced at all, makes keys more visible).

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Keys & Moris

If Object of Obsession was an option I would pick that

• DariusB92
    DariusB92 Member Posts: 122
    Other (specify)

Cannibal. OP asf. Players always use him and insidious and literally camp and chainsaw. His chainsaw should have never gotten a buff, it was balanced before. Now all they gotta do is chase(which he has good speed) then start it up which gives them a speed boost guaranteeing a down. Then they just camp the hook and chainsaw every rescuer. There is no cool down because every single match i play against them they use it the whole match and I never see a forced cool down. Same with hillbilly. Always used for its speed boost and never runs out of charges or is forced to cool down. Seriously don't know why they buffed them. I play both sides alot and never needed a buff to succeed with these killers and to survive as a survivor your only option is to avoid them at all costs.

As for disconnect penalty. Its absurd there's no consequences for camping/tunneling or toxic killers but the disconnected survivor gets time penalties of like 30 mins, an hour etc. You can say just sacrifice on the hook but people tend to rescue before you can and it still gives the toxic killer his points. Totally broken.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    edited August 2020
    Keys & Moris

I hate having 2+ kills stolen from me with keys. And I hate waiting 20 minutes for a match just to get morid in the first 2 minutes.

Post edited by SCP_FOR_DBD on
  • GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265
    Keys & Moris

3 gen lockdown and get 3 kills robbed by a key

Also, please... just make the mori death hook...please...

• lilsweetroll
    lilsweetroll Member Posts: 6
    Other (specify)

the matchmaking! i haven't played dbd in a while so im like a rank 15 right now i think? and i keeping getting paired with rank 1-5 killers who absolutely steam roll me

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    SWF

Gonna go with SWF even though the other points are valid, too.

I'm not talking about Duos, they are fine. 3swf is usually okay, too.

The problem starts with 4man SWF. You have nearly every aura reading perk for free if you use voice comms. You counter stealth killers and can call out totems, gens, traps etc. Throw in OoO for a fun learning experience. I played a lot of solo survivor and I feel the difference while playing alone and being aware most of the time and swf, while 1 is getting chased and the rest can hold M1 without much pressure.

DbD is a game centered around time management. If you coordinate as a 4 man, you can have nearly 0 downtime.

I just want a swf indicator in the prelobby, so i can use my better addons.

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304
    Other (specify)

its stacking multiple slowdowns

• ArcticWolf
    ArcticWolf Member Posts: 44
    Moris

I should have voted other but anyways.

Moris should be changed to either hook every survivor once or hook the survivor twice.

Keys arent used as much from what i see maybe im just a lucky killer and my friends dont bring one unless we're having bad games of no escaping.

EGC is fine.

Gens should be left alone theyve been nerfed 5 times along with toolboxes and those addons being nerfed plus killers have multiple perks that stop gens from being worked on.

Don't know how you can change SWF but if it was removed i'd just stop playing the game all together cause its boring without my friends unless im killer which still is boring so im still chatting with others as a killer.

Only killer i want changed is Bubba and ive thought of ideas like gas cans around the map so after you use it a certain amount of times it needs a refill or just lower the swing count to 5 cause 9 was way to many.

DS should be left alone killers got their wish and it was changed. You still seeing it alot well then stop tunneling.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Other (specify)

Maps themselves. Gens wouldn't be popped left and right is gens could be pressured, but it's hard on some maps when the closest gens are ~30 meters apart. Some of the maps have absolutely broken loops, that are extremely survivor sided (take for example Ormond). Some are huge with hard ways to traverse, where walking from one gen on side to the other can take an entire minute (take for example Ormond). And then there are some which are both (take for example Ormond).

Talking about survivor sided but there are some heavy killer sided maps as well. Take for example Dead Dawg Saloon, most of the pallets are extremely unsafe of just don't exist. Gens are close enough. Only thing survivors really have is the main building, but if that gen gets done or the walls are broken then it doesn't matter.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    SWF

SWF and map design are the most unbalanced things to me. Followed by all the second chance perks.

• ThePilgrim_Scott
    ThePilgrim_Scott Member Posts: 14
    A Killer (specify which)

Why is a 4k so important? I don't play killer at all, please explain.

• Sheridan_LT
    Sheridan_LT Member Posts: 417
    edited September 2020
    A Killer (specify which)

Tell me about it. Discordance says all, as well as Surveillance: a solo dude randomly starts sprinting away from you into an area where there are no gens at all, obviously baiting you, and suddenly Discordance/Surveillance activates on a gen furthest away from you AS SOON as they are getting chased.

I hate that crap.

• Slayer192845
    Slayer192845 Member Posts: 93
    Keys & Moris

Not to mention that turning off cross-play severely hinders your ability to find a game since it's opt out.