About Hex: Ruin

Link
Link Member Posts: 135

I've noticed theres been quite a lot of talk recently about ruin not actually being as powerful as people think, which i agree with. The question is which perk would be the better overall perk to slow down games. Im not gonna include perk combos that would make the main perk better like hex ruin + haunted grounds. (I will also only state the perks in their tier 3 forms).

Sloppy Butcher - Hitting survivors make them bleed considerably and they will suffer considerably from the mangled status affect (25%). This adds 3 seconds to normal healing (12 seconds) making it 15 seconds and when using self care, adds 6 seconds making it 30 seconds compared to the usual 24 seconds.

Coulrophobia - Survivors in you terror radius will suffer a 50% healing penalty. This perk adds an extra 6 seconds onto the default healing time making it 18 seconds which may not seem like much but when it comes to self care it adds a whopping 12 seconds onto it making it 36 seconds, thats a whole default healing duration added to self care.

Knock Out - Downing a survivor does not reveal their aura to other survivors within a 16 meter radius. The perk really speaks for itself, it can waste a lot of their time if you leave them on the floor. unlessthey'reaswfgroup.

Remember Me - Assuming you hit the survivor 6 times, this will increase the default gate opening time (20 seconds) by 30 seconds, giving us a whole 50 seconds of just standing there holding mouse 1. That takes 5/6 seconds longer then it takes for 2 survivors to do a gen start to finish.

Thanatophobia - 1/2/3/4 injured, downed or hooked survivors will give a 6%/9%/12%/15% penalty to repairing, healing and sabotaging. For generators this would be 84.8/87.2/89.6/92 seconds, for healing other survivors or yourself by medkit it would be 12.72/13.08/13.44/13.80, self care healing would be 25.44/26.16/26.88/27.60, and finally sabotaging would be.... Well i couldn't find any info about the default sabotage time but honestly who sabotages. All in all the slowest gen speed penalty is an extra 12 seconds, healing survivors or yourself via medkit is an extra 1.80 seconds and self care healing is an extra 3.60. So the only good side to this perk is an extra 12 seconds for generators and compared to sloppy butcher for self caring this pork makes it .60 seconds longer. and thats ONLY if you get all 4 survivors injured.

Dying Light - Your obsession can heal other survivors 50% faster. Once your obsession is killed all remaining survivors suffer a 25% penalty to repair, healing and sabotaging. So for the 50% that will make the obsessions default healing for healing others 6 seconds which is pretty fast. But once killed the time required to do gens is now 100 seconds, self-care speed is 30 seconds (same as sloppy butcher), sabotage again i dont have info for the default speed and healing other survivors is 15 seconds (same as sloppy butcher) basically compared to sloppy butcher the only good thing is slower sabo time and slower gen time. The gen penalty is a HUGE extra 20 seconds, but the problem is in order to get this you have to kill the obsession first which unless you have a mori or a tombstone piece, then good luck making use out of this perk.

Hex: Ruin - I'm not gonna explain what it is cause i'll assume you know what it does otherwise why are you here? Now the problem with this perk is that it doesn't actually slow the game down in terms of generator speed. A lot of survivors are learning to land great skill checks and quite a few rank 1 survivors can land great skill checks pretty much 100% of the time. So basically the only positive in this case is that it wont grant survivors bonus progression and force them to do the whole 80 seconds, that is if they dont have a toolbox. The reason why this perk got so popular is because people didnt know how to fight it and were scared off by the fact that basically get a ######### version of failing a skill check if you dont get a great skillcheck. But what i believe why people are starting to see this perk as ######### nowadays is that pretty much everyone at least people who arent rank 20-16 are starting to realize that it's super easy to counter it and that it's better to just work through generators rather then find the hex. Speaking of which it is a hex perk so you could just lose it at the start of the game, giving you 3 perks. This perk needs some sort of rework or buff.

Thats really all the perks i can think of that would slow down the game for the survivors. Let me hear your opinions or let me know if i missed anything

Comments

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    I think Pop goes the Weasel is a good perk to slow the game down. Couldn't see it on the list so thought I'd mention it. 
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    I think Pop goes the Weasel is a good perk to slow the game down. Couldn't see it on the list so thought I'd mention it. 

I agree it can slow the game down but the reason you don't see many killers use the perk is that 30 second time window. If you have to run to a gen in 30 seconds to use the perk you A: Will give an easy unhook B: Must ignore any survivors you see to go kick a gen C: Might have to walk far away to kick a gen that actually has progression. I'm not saying the perk is bad but it has a few downsides that make it not very popular.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    @MegaWaffle I agree that it has it's downsides which can put people off. I was just making sure that @Link was aware of the perk since it wasn't on the list. Think it's the only perk they missed though unless they consider Bloodwarden as slowing the game down as well. 
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    @MegaWaffle I agree that it has it's downsides which can put people off. I was just making sure that @Link was aware of the perk since it wasn't on the list. Think it's the only perk they missed though unless they consider Bloodwarden as slowing the game down as well. 

Blood-Warden also has a huge drawback since you can outright counter the perks activation. If someone is downed before you open a gate or you assume they will be downed before you get it open just get the gate to 99% and don't open it until they are already hooked. This will prevent the perk from activating.

i get what your saying that these perks buy you a little time (I guess) but I still feel like nothing compares to Ruin. I honestly think Ruin should just be somehow a baseline perk with adjustments of course. Either way we can only see what the Devs bring us moving forward.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    I didn't read all of it I'll admit but you missed pop goes the weasel.
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    @MegaWaffle I think Bloodwarden should only require the exits to be powered instead of open. And either block the switch or activate as soon as the gate is open. 
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited October 2018

@Link said:
    Sloppy Butcher - Hitting survivors make them bleed considerably and they will suffer considerably from the mangled status affect (25%). This adds 3 seconds to normal healing (12 seconds) making it 15 seconds and when using self care, adds 6 seconds making it 30 seconds compared to the usual 24 seconds.

Coulrophobia - Survivors in you terror radius will suffer a 50% healing penalty. This perk adds an extra 6 seconds onto the default healing time making it 18 seconds which may not seem like much but when it comes to self care it adds a whopping 12 seconds onto it making it 36 seconds, thats a whole default healing duration added to self care.

You're making the common mistake of confusing speed with time. Sloppy Butcher adds 4 seconds to the base healing time and Coulrophobia adds 12 (time=charges/speed)

• Link
    edited October 2018

@White_Owl care to explain how so? I've checked the dbd reddit and a forum post saying its 3 seconds
    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/9266ge/how_much_longer_does_it_take_to_heal_someone_with/ https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/5525/math-sloppy-butcher-will-be-supreme-after-its-buff The first one is explaining mangled but mangled and sloppy butcher both have a 25% penalty

• White_Owl

@Link said:
    @White_Owl care to explain how so?

Healing a survivor takes 12 "charges", at the speed of 1 charge per second. With Sloppy Butcher healing is at 0.75 charges/s, so 12/0.75=16. With Coulrophobia it's 12/0.5=24.

• Link

@White_Owl I honestly cant tell which one makes more sense, i wish the devs would give us better estimates compared to the whole considerably thing and percentages

• White_Owl
    edited October 2018

@Link said:
    @White_Owl care to explain how so? I've checked the dbd reddit and a forum post saying its 3 seconds
    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/9266ge/how_much_longer_does_it_take_to_heal_someone_with/ https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/5525/math-sloppy-butcher-will-be-supreme-after-its-buff The first one is explaining mangled but mangled and sloppy butcher both have a 25% penalty

From the wiki:
    Mangled : The Survivor is heavily injured and requires more time to be fully healed.
    Slows down the Survivor's Healing** Speed**.

In both the links you provided people apply the debuff as if it increased the time, which is not what it does. A 25% reduction is speed means an increase of 33.33% of the time.

• Link

m a t h

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    brutal strength and bamboozled