This new killer is such a disappointment

Options
oh_0k
oh_0k Member Posts: 712
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

He's really clunky and not good plus heavily map dependent

How I would change him:

Give him the treatment GF got after his ptb, like super major changes, almost like a Leather face rework style changes

And honestly what I missed opportunity with the blight themed

They didn't even bring back the pustular plants or anything, If i would implement them the plants it would be

Plants spawn around the map, when the Blight is within a certain range of these plants his power is stronger. Survivors can interact with plants to temporarily disable them

Character design:

He look very bland and again completely missed opportunity with the blight theme, he doesn't have and plants growing on him or viles in him, he just looks like a hooded hag.

And why not make it Vigo why make a completely new character?

Post edited by oh_0k on

Comments

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I'm definitely going to give him a shot when I DL the ptb later, but he does look quite limited. Has to work really hard just for 1 hit and is very map reliant.

I want killers to have some soft counterplay but this guy seems hard countered by just hugging corners.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

Unfinished beta project. If they leave him as is, RIP.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,665
    Options

Incorporating the pustula plants some way into his power would be really cool!

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

TBH I like his power's design; IDK why everybody hates it so much. I know the execution of it is clunky, like I've seen footage of him not being able to run through a doorway because the hitbox on his rush is too fast. If the hitbox was thinned out and some small changes like that were made, I wouldn't see a problem with him. He kind of reminds me of a killer like Pig, if she was more based around the ambush rather than her traps. People seem to have pretty positive opinions in general about her. (I don't, but that's not what this is about.)

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657
    Options

There shouldn't be any such thing as a "nonlethal Rush"

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712
    Options

Yeah maybe if they changed some hitboxes he would be fine

Until you get any open maps like rotten fields or a super tight map with lots of stuff in the way

It also won't help his awful lunge after a rush, or the many other things awful things about him

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

I don't give a damn how open a map is, there will always be some sort of obstacle in a reasonable distance to bounce off of. Maybe it will be further and maybe some spots won't be possible if you're trying to run straight from one point to the next, but even in corn you can have things like hooks spawn, or even the shack if you're close enough. I wouldn't be surprised if chests also worked, but I'm not certain on that one.

Like I said, there are changes that have to be made of course. I've seen him not able to sprint through a doorway which already shows a problem. I've also seen the lunge, which I feel needs more control. Aside from that though, I feel like he has a pretty dynamic and exciting power. He's not just "M1 killer plus this extra feature" like Plague or Clown or Legion or Trapper or Wraith. Now that we have another killer with some spice in his kit, people are saying it's boring already. Most of the complaints I see about him are about how clunky he is and stuff, and I doubt that's something they're going to let slip through the PTB.

Once again I don't argue against people saying he's clunky (especially because I haven't played him myself) and I can see what people are talking about by watching footage but, to put it frankly, I think it's just kinda stupid if people finalize their opinions and make claims about a killer when they're not even a finished product. I like to judge the killer, at least during the PTB, as somewhat of a "skeleton" where you should only really consider what their power should or could be, not what it is during the testing phase.

• Majora
    Majora Member Posts: 207
    Options

I really don't like the new killer too hard to use his power even on pc