How would you change clown?

Options

I think most people would agree that Clown is in serious need of some changes. His kit lackluster in too many important aspects, most notably map pressure and stall potential.Skilled clown players can do decently well enough in chase in my opinion.

My question for you is: What would you change about the Clown? Can be adjustments or rework ideas.

Comments

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570
    Options

He needs squeaky shoes. What kind of god damn scary ass Clown doesn’t have the iconic squeaky shoes.

ill mail you a squeaky horn BHVR. It’ll take you 60 mins.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317
    Options

It'd be cool if he could make gens explode/regress with a direct bottle hit. Idk how easy that would be to implement or balance but ya know.

• Cutiaddu
    Cutiaddu Member Posts: 402
    Options

Maybe give him a second power? But honestly I'm not sure. Maybe the bottles could have another effect? I don't know man, clown right now is just a worst freddy.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

I'd delete him and put Jason in his place if I could do so without losing Kate and both of their perks. I hate the clown, and after my old days of playing on ps4 I especially have hated him.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

He needs to be able to see his own feet. That's the buff he needs.

It's technically a nerf...

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570
    Options

Just give him a child’s size tricycle. Fixed.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

A direct hit of a bottle should deny intoxicated survivors the ability to fast vault.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

I used to think those two would be perfect buffs for Clown, now all I really think he needs is a taller gas cloud. Recent experiences have had me notice that a lot of tiles now have none of the panic inducing plays I once did with him - Gas a loop/tile and play a disappearing act to reapproach from an unpredictable angle. Lately the gas settles too low down and is only thick/dense in the very middle. Before it used to be only the very outer layer that was thin and easy to see through/over. I want this gas cloud buff lol

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

I'd add more bottles that he can either swap between or enable via add-ons. Maybe bottles that don't break at all so there's no cloud, but if you get a direct hit then they're slowed even more. Or a cloud that speeds up everyone, so you throw it on yourself.. idk

I think he just needs variety. He's just a guy that runs at you and throws bottles, sometimes he has a pinky that lets him insta-down.

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    edited August 2020
    Options

I'd add the ability to "plant" some bottles on the ground around the map as traps that explode with his usual pink gas when a survivor gets near them.

Could be used both as a set up for future chases like Trapper/Hag or for information purpose if placed near gens/gates/totems.

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    Options

I had a rework idea in an earlier thread.

• Bottles no longer slow down survivors

• Gas clouds are 1.5x larger and more dense, making it harder for survivors to see through the gas.

• Survivors in gas clouds are afflicted with the Oblivious and Blindness status effect.

• Clown can see through the gas clouds and moves slightly faster while traversing in gas clouds. New add-ons are added that can raise his speed in gas clouds even more.

• Direct bottle throws on generators cause the generator to regress, although it doesn’t apply Pop unless you kick it.

• Default bottle count goes up to 5 from 4.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583
    edited August 2020
    Options

I think a good buff would be if clown hooks a survivor or if he downs a survivor he gets increased reload speed for a certain amount of time.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I'd make him fatter

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    Options

A direct hit with a bottle should apply more slowdown to survivors.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

6 bottles and the reloading of them twice as fast, as basekit without addons.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

They need to shorten his reload, increase the slowed time, and increase his gas spread speed.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

Personally I'd like if the blurred vision affected skillchecks and he had a secondary bottle to create a gas cloud which lasts a lot longer but doesn't slowdown that could be used for map control.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    edited August 2020
    Options

2 more bottles, less reload time, stun on direct bottle hits for the duration of intoxication similar to Doctor

• Maníaco_da_garrafa
    Maníaco_da_garrafa Member Posts: 144
    Options
    • While not in a chase, the gas bypasses collision with structures and gives more points for intoxicated score events.
    • Secondary power that calls upon the entity to block a gen, long recharge based on power usage (Wasted, Intoxicated, Bottle Toss score events).
    • Cloud lingering based on how high you throw the bottles.
    • Less bottles if too powerful.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options

I'd change clown by giving a pink tutu. Shirtless with hard candies and glitter and pancake makeup messed up in his chest hair.

Also Adam would have a matching skin. ☺