Do you think Object of Obsession is fine?

Slashstreetboy
Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

It´s been a hot topic for the longest time. Is it fine as it is or does it need changes? What do you think?

Do you think Object of Obsession is fine? 97 votes

Yes
23%
GHERBEARRULESxEaTaigaDetailedDetrimentminfulkinjadsszmassaniGlamourousLeviathanLyfeMemetCan68yukonIamDwightFrancesco044notstarboardViccsad_killer_mainschadenfreudez28KyloRenmusefan 23 votes
No
76%
FatelanceGibberishAdelooSeiko300icemancatAcromioBlueberryVDubbTapeKnotF60_31CorinneGamesDr_TrautsAztreonam78PirateBabyCameron10Aven_FallenTheRockstarKnightsmappdoodaBoosted_Dwightmusstang62 74 votes

Comments

• yukon
    yukon Member Posts: 8
    Yes

As a solo survivor who uses it alot for the purpose of getting in chases, I love it. I voted yes mostly because I don't want it to be nerfed with a cool down timer. I'm perfectly happy with stealth killers being able to see my aura while I am unable to see theirs. It adds tension and jump scares to my DBD life.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621

i'm conflicted.

on one hand, it's pretty balanced solo. high risk high reward

on the other had, pretty broken with SWF

• minful
    minful Member Posts: 27
    Yes

Don't see a problem as long as it's solo queue. Overkill as SWF tho...

• DaisukeJP
    DaisukeJP Member Posts: 10
    Yes

The game is about chase interactions between killers and survivors, anything that happens before and/or after that is generator repairing/patroling. Dead by Daylight stopped being hide-and-seek years ago.

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444

It’s fine. I don’t see the problem with it. I use it in SWF and Solo if I feel like it because it lets you know when the killer is headed your way and if you’re in a dead zone you have a few extra seconds to leave.

• HexDaddyDeVito
    HexDaddyDeVito Member Posts: 5

The answer is entirely based off the map you're playing on.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    No

I´m pleased to see a trend here that aligns with my own thoughts. I made a lengthy post about why I think Object is down right broken. Unfortunately I didn´t get a Dev to give a statement on their take on OoO.

I really hope it gets adressed soon because more often than not it´s getting used to rob the Killer of any chance of accomplishing anything during a match (given the swf aren´t noobs). In low skill brackets it´s fine though or if the team using Object is versing something that has the necessary tools to deal with it, like a high end spirit or nurse player.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236
    Yes

You barely even see it. So I think it's fine.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    No

If by "A few extra seconds" you mean potentially an entire map's length away for you and anyone on comms with you then okay go off

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    No

Ran it a couple of times in SWF in Midwich to test how broken it actually was.

It is definitely not okay lol

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981
    Yes

I have no problem with it being used on solos. However, on SWF team it completely destroys some killers.

OoO doesn't need changes. SWF does.

• C4BLES
    C4BLES Member Posts: 10
    No

I definitely think OoO should have a total rework. It's completely busted in a competitive SWF and makes specific killers unplayable against them. (namely, trapper and hag)

• Francesco044
    Francesco044 Member Posts: 109
    Yes

You are absolutely right, just if you do solo queque is kinda balanced

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Yes

To me, noticing an Object of obsession survivor just means that probably, they are cocky and overconfident.

So, usually this type of survivors are really good at looping, and they always bring a flashlight. They will just try to make you lose time walking in your way trying to lure you into chasing them.They will try to make you angry...etc.

But if you are a good killer you'll just ignore these type of survivors. Usually when you ignore them, they will keep trying to attract your attention, so you are just making them lose time.

I just ignore Object of obsession survivors, and suddenly that perk turns into an advantage for me, not for the survivor.

Regardless, it's also true that this perk is scary in 4 man red rank SWAT SWFs compositions.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

I've seen OoO maybe a handful of times, as killer or survivor, outside of someone trying for Adept Laurie. I see killers complain about it fairly frequently but then most end game screenshots I see it is rarely on them. I'm not sure it's used enough to warrant the devs attention over other perks that are used more often and have a larger impact on the game. If anything maybe just add a cool down to it and/or make it only work if you are the obsession.

• Yffriium
    Yffriium Member Posts: 140
    No

The initial chase distance you can get with OoO is insane. The info you get far outweighs the info you give.

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

people need to realize it's only really good on SWF teams because I play solo 99% of the time and hardly ever use it and just faced a pig and it was nothing but a hindrance. I didn't realize you can't see her when she crouches and I'm pretty sure it just lead her to me every time. It's getting to the point that I don't even want to play solo anymore unless I play as killer

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,472