So...when are we getting 5 perk slots?

Options

Seriously just slap in the middle of the others and surround that 1 diamond with it. IDC if killers ger a 5th perk slot as long as survivors get one. I just want to be an annoying medic and dbd won't let me be great.

Comments

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    Options

No Mither should take up 3 perk slots if anything, you get Iron Will 1, Infinite Lucky Break, AND Infinite Unbreakable uses in one perk.

Also because "hard mode" perk.

• BlxxdingDoll
    BlxxdingDoll Member Posts: 10
    Options

I doubt it.

• LintyScorpion
    LintyScorpion Member Posts: 165
    Options

No. Just no. It already has the downside of you being injured all the time and the killer knowing you have no mither meaning they don't slug you. No more downsides needed.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon, if ever. Which I would personally say is a good thing.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512
    Options

honestly. i personally love botany knowledge because it stretches out med kits well especially with a med kit but it's not worth a WHOLE perk slot.

• Kei_Ra
    Kei_Ra Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2020
    Options

I’d love a 5th perk slot for survivors to refresh the game with new build potential but to keep a similar balance killers would need a 6th perk slot

its already 16 vs 4 perks

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    Options

You're right, we need to make it so you begin the match in the Dying state for how strong No Mither is at countering slugging so it can truly be a hard mode perk.

(Itsa Joke)

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392
    Options

If they were going to increase the usable perk slots, it should only be for killer. Trials are already 16 perks vs 4 perks. In all honesty it is quite odd to me that killer has the same amount of perk slots as survivor.

• BeardedMenace
    BeardedMenace Member Posts: 215
    Options

Weren't there already 5 Perk slots before??! In Beta or beginning of the game?? I swear I watched a video on it before.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options

When pallets don't exist.

• BeardedMenace
    BeardedMenace Member Posts: 215
    Options

But it would be cool to get 5 Perk slots. I'm not that great, but I can hold my own majority of the time. Ever since Cross-Play came out I've went from Rank 4 to Rank 7. If it keeps going this route, I'll be a Rank 15. Had one of the best PC players in our lobby and they still got mowed down by the same Bubba. So idk. I get people who compliment my running the Killer quite often, no I'm not an Angry Pug or Crunchy... But it just seems impossible for me to pip up anymore. Yeah, I know... I'm trying to get good. I've had the game since it released. I work. I can't play all day like some people.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

No jokes, that would be great if second chance perks and regression stacking didn't exist. But they do.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723
    Options

Yeah having 5 perk slots for both killer/ survivor would need some tweaks but it would be refreshing. Just make survivors limited to only one “second chance” perk and killers to one “gen slowdown” perk.

Basically the devs could organize perks into different categories and limit the # of perks per category you can equip in your loadout.

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703
    Options

While I think that would work incredibly well, different people consider different things to be second chance, and I've heard people say that Devour Hope is Gen slowdown despite it not affecting gens at all, so obviously not everyone would agree with which perks were counted

• LSerpentine
    LSerpentine Member Posts: 140
    Options

This just makes me think of running Iron will, Calm Spirit, De ja vu, Premonition, AND No One left behind😍🤩

Its a crappy build, but hot diggity dang I want it. I'm sacrificing De ja vu rn, and it H U R T S me soooo much😭

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

bad idea, in order for this to be a decent idea literally all the meta perks would need to be nerfed

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543
    Options

What they should have done is have multiple perk values.

It might be too late to do it, but each survivor gets five perk slots with each perk having a different value. Things that cause exhaustion (lithe, balanced landing, dead head on, sprint burst) would cost one for example. Things like object of obsession, decisive strike, or borrowed time that influence the way the killer has to play would cost two, and perks that are just too meta cost two (such as inner strength and adrenaline). That would mean perks we do not normally see play might see a way to wiggle in there while people trying to use things like DS and ADR are limited and forced to open up to different perks instead of using the meta if they want a more interesting play style since those two perks alone cost four points (in which a boring player would just stack another exhaustion perk, or an interesting player might stack something like spine chill for their fifth perk, or any of Ace's perks).

Killer should have six perks but with certain perks costing two as well. There's not a common theme for picking the most expensive ones, but meta picks like NOED could then cost two(I hate to say it, but hex:ruin and pop goes the weasel would fit into this category). So if a killer ran nothing but meta, they would only have three perks but if they ran an underground build using things like territorial imperative and iron grasp and agitation and some other basement perks they could easily get six in there. Likewise most hexes would only cost one except things like NOED or ruin.

That should diversify the play styles of both killer and survivors and encourage underused perks to be more relatively valued. They would not have to change many of the perks to fit this schema.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Bbq + pop + spirit fury + enduring + brutal...

Just imagine Freddy with bbq + pop + thanta + sloppy + dying light

I mean im down but im not sure youre as ready as you think you are

• Piwatte
    Piwatte Member Posts: 162
    edited August 2020
    Options

I would like to see a 5th perk slot. However, the 5th perk must be a perk of the survivor or the killer you are playing.

• Tsair
    Tsair Member Posts: 49
    Options

I would love to have a 5th perk, and have it be a 'high tier' slot. Separate some of the extreme meta perks (DH, UB, DS, BT for survivors, NOED, BBQ, Ruin, Pop for killers) into the high tier slot. Makes builds much more varied and makes perks easier to nerf, just move them into 'high tier' instead of nerfing them.

Wont be done because everyone would complain that they cant use all the perks at once, but still, would be neat.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

Didn’t have time to make it fit, but you get the gist 🤣