No hate or anything but are all of tru3talent's audience killer mains?

Options
2»

Comments

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Either killer mains, new players who want to learn or survivor mains who laugh at him from what I hear lol

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020
    Options

I would say no, most play both sides. Including myself.

Tru3 was one of the first youtubers I started watching when I began playing the game and he always played both sides when I watch him so doesnt sound "true" at all ;)

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Because he’s so big in terms of viewership and number of YouTube videos, I think that new DBD players are highly likely to see Tru3’s content first, so a lot of his community is newer players who are looking to understand the game. He’s good at explaining things in a straightforward way and he does have a good grasp of most things so you learn a lot watching him.

This definitely skews towards killer though. If you want to learn how to play survivor you’ll probably go elsewhere. He leans pretty heavily in to the “underpowered killer destroys toxic 4 man swf” type videos because they give him a lot of clicks, so he attracts people who are looking for that kind of content (who will typically be newer killer players that are struggling against SWF and want to see how to beat those teams), and turns away new survivor mains who are more likely to want to see juke montages, flashlight guides, etc. etc.

• Katee_Main
    Katee_Main Member Posts: 53
    Options

I'm obviously a survivor main and I love tru, cuz hes honest about the games balance and what he feels is op or not. He loves spirit but always talks bout how op she is. With the right add ons or perks I believe everyone can be op.

• doomsday609
    doomsday609 Member Posts: 22
    Options

Most of his titles are sarcastic and as for DC why shouldn't he use it every team he goes against as killer uses it, the difference in him using it he mostly does it for its actual purpose not as a 1 min invulnerability like the toxic swf. His whining is because it extremely obvious that both sides at high rank are not balanced at all. Most games are: Are the survivors gonna ######### up by doing some stupid play to act smart or are they just get on gens and pop adrenaline to get out for 4-5 minutes?

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    Options

I hate true and his ultra fanbois.

Sorry.

• MisterTIBS
    MisterTIBS Member Posts: 75
    Options

Used to like him, opinions are valid, he's good at both sides, wouldn't say killer biased (last time of watching, maybe that changed), and have thanked previously for his teachings which were really helpful (just general commentary while playing), but turned off due to all kinds of shaming he'd do on stream, most of which was probably not even considered, just his character coming through. Gave him another try, benefit of doubt, done it again, so done with after 3 years of watching.

Can't please all the people, of course, but apes be apes.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274
    Options

I'd like to think that it's mostly people who play both sides. But obviously, he's more vocal about Killer sided issues because they're more obvious than Survivor issues. So naturally, people who don't like him are going to be accusing him and his followers as Killer mains if they are Survivor mains themselves.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

I would like to play both sides much more evenly, but queue times often force me to play killer, and then dedicated server hits and overall frustration pushes me away from survivor, and I'm sometimes in the Tru3ta1ent audience, so "no?" to your question because I mostly push for changes focused on the survivor experience?

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

Proving what? That survivors in red ranks dont like being told that they are in the power role? Especially SWF?

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

It's because he complains constantly so very biased killer mains love him.

• BlxxdingDoll
    BlxxdingDoll Member Posts: 10
    Options

Majority, I think so.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

There is no such thing as a power role in this game and there shouldn't be. Almost any killer with enough experience can beat most teams if he has the sufficient skill, with some exceptions, like ######### map RNG and other controlled variables.

Of course there are some aspects of this game that are unbalanced, I am not denying that SWF can easily be abused to gain a competitive advantage, but I dont think every game you go against a sweaty 4 man.

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327
    Options

I do like him and he does make some good points, but he has a massive ego and thinks he is always right.

• Foxfire47
    Foxfire47 Member Posts: 232
    Options

I used to watch True a lot but I just occasionally watch his vids now. I love the guy and learned a lot from him but he bitches about things like "oh they used dead hard" and i'm like "no they didn't, my man" or that almost every encounter is SWF.

I play both sides but I do prefer playing most of the time so I have some variety in my game. I don't mind playing survivor as long as I'm with friends because I know that they can actually get things done and are competent.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I can't speak to anybody else but I'm a killer main and I watch Tru. Just to reiterate, though, he's not a killer main, he literally alternates playing killer and survivor equally (except now and then when I think he does a killer rotation day or a new character is released like Blight.) He can get a bit grumpy at times and he's not the funniest streamer I watch, but he is an excellent player and usually does a very good job explaining why he's doing or not doing something or why he likes or dislikes certain perks and add-ons, etc. He's for sure one of the top players I've watched, consistently rank 1 on both killer and survivor and frequently gets 4 kills as killer and top endgame scores as both killer and survivor even against tough opponents and using gimmicky builds requested by the audience or doing his goofy Twitch cards where people make him play without headphones or with one hand in the air or whatever.

Of the streamers, I'd say Tofu or Jaee are the most entertaining, Otz or Tru are the most skilled (with honorable mention to Michi who is by far the best Hag player I've watched) and the most useful detailed instruction videos would be Interact's Entity Education series if you just want to see all the raw numbers and math.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392
    Options

Well they are just being honest. Most players can't accept that survivor is the true power role when played at high level in SWF because most players can't play at a high level. Tru3 is pretty spot on most of the time. SWF is an issue when the survivors are competent. The only people that don't realize this are people that hardly or never play killer, and super bias survivor mains. Any decent player that plays both sides knows this and most of them agree with Tru3 and anyone else that says the same because it is the truth.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468
    Options

He's a killer main streamer so it makes sense for his audience to be similar. I personally don't watch him because of his constant excuses, complaints and a mild superiority complex.

He also misses seeing survivors so often it hurts my eyes. He is a streamer though so I can understand his attention is sometimes elsewhere.

• greekfire774
    greekfire774 Member Posts: 170
    Options

I've watched him since he started streaming. I started this game as a survivor main and actually didn't touch killer ( except a handful of failed attempts ) for the entire first year I played. His killer videos got me into playing killer and I'd say I play both sides equally even though I've gone through phases of being a main for both sides. The majority of his viewers are killer mains but there's definitely some of us who are not.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    edited August 2020
    Options

I used to watch Tru3. After watching different streamers, I grew to feel he wasn’t the one to really learn from. He has a difficult time accepting any type of criticism and lashes out on people at times. His video titles are the definition of clickbait. He used to be anti-DS, now runs DS regularly. He used to say he was anti slug and anti tunneling, now goes off on people because “it’s the only way to win.” Honestly, it doesn’t seem that he enjoys the game anymore, but is kind of stuck playing it (guess that can happen with any job). He also always seems to be under attack by various “people.” Just not my cup of tea

edit: to be fair, I’ve never thought of him as a killer main. He used to rotate survivor/killer/survivor/killer, etc.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

normally don't watch any streamer for this game.

• Piwatte
    Piwatte Member Posts: 162
    edited August 2020
    Options

When I played against Tru3Talents, he gave me the hatch. I was camped for all the following games after this one. (with hateful messages saying I shouldn't get the hatch, etc) He gave me the hatch cuz the last one was doing nothing at the end.

It's fun to see the world where we live in.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Like on most other channels you'd find comments that have a gag/joke/irony to it which get the most attention, but idk. It is just me who noticed that?

To be fair tru3 doesnt exude or even encourage humor. Most other streamers get a little excitable or inject personality. Tru3 is all business all the time. Not ragging on him by any means. Just pointing that out.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Options

I find it pretty difficult to take a guy who labels anyone with differing opinions "unintelligent" and "pushing a narrative" seriously

Every time he gets called out his primary response is personal attacks or banning "survivor mains" from chat

He seems like a decent guy and I respect his game knowledge, but censorship can't win you arguments

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

I love this.

"He is killer biased and just complains all the time"

Meanwhile he plays r1 solo survivor and runs killers for minutes at a time with ease and pips practically every game.

Nyeee Pointing out the balance problems (currently heavily against killer atm) is bias!

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    Options

Fanboy much? He’s average-above average as both survivor and killer.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

I agree mostly, he’s above average or good whatever but far from the greatest. Most of his 4k come against the bad red ranks, although he often claims they are the top 1% of the 1%

And like someone above said, he has been using a lot of clickbait titles for the last few months. I mean I don’t blame him because views are the goal of youtube... but don’t call out other people for doing it then do it yourself.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited August 2020
    Options

Most streamers have a "Killer main" audience, because all they want is to feel a sense of fulfilment and "justice" when those "toxic genrushing swf squads" lose. Why do you think the chats are always talking ######### about the survivors that misplay, and are always like "wAiT fOr EnDgAmE cHaT pEpElAuGh". Otz, Tru3, Hexy, Scorpionz, Drey's chats are all good examples of this behaviour... Then you have streams like Zubat's and Scott's which are a mixture of chill and pure chaos and it's great.

• katsumodo47
    katsumodo47 Member Posts: 54
    Options

I can't watch him anymore , he spends his time mind gaming himself and then complaining about survivors when he ######### up so many times in tbe game