1 Thing about DS

Options

So no nerf/buff thread but I want to say something many people fail to understand:

I often Read that DS isnt a good perk because sometimes you dont even get to use it.

Thats not true at all.

Even If you dont DS the killer actively, the killer has to play around the perk when theres and obsession even if theres no DS at all in the game.

This perk changes killers playstyle just by existing. So im sorry but it doesnt matter if you got your DS stun or not...

Its always affecting the game

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

DS is an annoying perk, because its job is... Well, pretty much impossible to do, since a killer ACTUALLY tunelling you isn't going to be put off by DS. So it just gets used aggressively and, for the most part, killers just get punished for touching someone within 60 seconds instead.

I'm all for a "that's what you get for tunelling" perk, but... DS just doesn't do its job. It has a different niche and/or vocation. It submitted it's resume to a different company. It has a new lease on life.

And, by the way, it is actually an anti-tunnel perk. They mentioned it after the rework when taking about why they gave it a 60 second window. Also, it only activates after you are unhooked AND the killer tries to hook you again, soooo......

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

I always get burnt by DS without tunneling. It's used as an offensive weapon on me. Last night in a game i hooked a overbeck than hit a person accross the map at a gen (he was rescued during that time) I got back in the chase with the person I smacked off the gen and during the chase we went around a corner and overbeck was there so i hit him. i had the option to send him to the cage (i was PH) but this game does not give me BBQ stacks or my PGTW if I do so I pick and choose the moments when I do and I guess I should have been phychic there and known he had it. He played it off good he didn't run at me with it he saw me and turn to run and I hit him and I got stunned but during this I was like man I hooked him like 10 minutes ago and I'm being DS now.

• DarkBarbarian
    DarkBarbarian Member Posts: 89
    Options

"So it just gets used aggressively" - No, I don't think so. Even if the killer is aggressively tunneling you, DS can make the difference if you get to a(nother) strong loop and your mates can do gens while the killer is tunneling. It can make a difference between a game where 2 or 3 survs die by tunneling without DS and a game where just 1 survs dies by tunneling with DS.

I personally can say that I don't play aggressively at all and still get to use this perk in 75% of my games.

When playing as killer and someone is dancing in front of me, begging me to catch them, I simply smack them and leave them on the floor. It's quite irritating that chargernick85 says they get 'always' burnt by DS. Sometimes - yeah - you just forget that the person was on the hook half a minute ago. But that does not happen all the time to me.

• chargernick85
    Options

Ya and I think that is exactly what happened. I think overbeck was left on the hook for awhile and with me going across the map to gens, and getting in other chases it just wasn't in my mind anymore. When they run directly at you it's obvious but I just wish there was a more medium ground to it because i got taunted at the end by the ones who survived and one was him who was hooked twice and that could/should have been the third. In the end it's my fault I guess for not having eyes in 10 locations but still.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,324
    Options

I'm sure itt was intended to counter tunneling, but that doesn't mean that's all it needs to do and nothing more.

And yes, DS does it's job as an anti tunnel perk. The perk isn't made to make the killer just stop tunneling, but to punish the tunneling killer and giving the survivor a chance to escape to some places where he can at least defend him/herself. Nothing will ever be able to make killers stop tunneling, but making the strategy weaker is possible, and that's exactly what DS does. The argument that the killer will still tunnel you is beside the point. The point is to make the killer waste precious time when he decides to tunnel a survivor.

• chargernick85
    Options

I believe the medium ground would be the max DS is 30 secs and it starts when you are unhooked and if being chase by killer your timer pauses that way it can be saved for tunneling. if you are not hit or chased of hook it runs out quick and cant be used for offense. Kind of like the mend timer if legion is chasing you it doesn't run down right away it starts when chase ends. kind of like that.

• MadLordJack
    Options

Then you are likely using the perk aggressively and don't even realise it, because I certainly do not get tunelled in 75% of games. In fact, I rarely ever get tunelled.

• MadLordJack
    Options

If the killer is a really tunelling you, they will just wait out the 60 seconds.