The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

My deepest sympathy, Farewell DBD

Buckle up boys, this is a better love story than twilight.

I woke up to a message that i was PERMA Banned from DBD, no i do not wanted it lifted nor am i angry i just feel like sharing my story before this post gets deleted by a mod due to "too much honesty for kids, bad for business".

I started playing this early 2016, was in love with the game and been till today, over 800 hours on it on this account. I made a discord back then and kept a small Portuguese community going with around 50 active DBD players, still up to date. Bought all dlcs and the few skins that didn't look horrible, was one of the first in this forum. reported bugs, beta tested DG and further supported your company and this is the outcome:

I endured;
bad game design,
random disconnects,
peer to peer matches, aren't you making money enough for dedicated servers or you still don't care?
30+ minutes of queue time with swf back then,
having to re-invite all my friends because the killer decides he doesn't like swf and there is no penalty for leaving,
and my personal favorite: losing all my progress when reinstalling the game;
while they made t shirts instead of fixing the game, gold days.

Not once did i file a complaint from your lack of professionalism, not once.

I hacked Bloodpoints like half of the community did months ago, the funny thing is i did it due to my save file magically disappearing, pretty good job so far.
Don't get me wrong, its not an excuse, i hacked BPs and that is wrong but is it worth a PERMA Ban? NO, and change your bloodweb design because its TERRIBLE.

Spoke via email with a wonderful man named Alexander, he did not care, no sympathy/empathy, to the point that i actually thought i was speaking to a bot and sent another email to the main adress.
"Don't care what you did for us or your story, you hack you ban". Amazing motto.
I wonder devs, are you going to ban half of your community or just the unlucky ones that get reported by salty players due to losses?

In the end of the day i got a life sentence for stealing a candy bar.

ps: before you white knights come storming defending the devs and seeking their attention: i don't care, will probably even be banned from the forum but doesn't matter because i won't be here reading.
All i said was nothing but the honest truth and it felt good, being treated like crap after this game made so many mistakes before i made mine.
Thank you Alexander for opening my eyes in the game industry.

See you guys when Last Year and Hide or Die releases.

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Hacking is never an answer to the developers poor gameplay options. I seen tons of people get banned because they hacked their legacy back and I still wouldn't have sympathy for them due to them making the game a worse gameplay environment. Sorry, nothing from me and I'm usually very nice about most things sliding by. :-1:
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited October 2018
    Tsulan said:
    The problem with hackers is, they don't see any wrongdoing in their actions. 
    You hacked, you received the corresponding punishment.

Side note: I don't think that last year will be a success. It's based on the F13 random killer system and comes out as a 3 month discord exclusive.
    yeah last year looks like crap to me.

sounds like the OP will be buying a new account soon
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Lowbei said:
    Tsulan said:

Side note: I don't think that last year will be a success. It's based on the F13 random killer system and comes out as a 3 month discord exclusive.

The ideas are great. But people want to choose to play killer or survivor. Not get chosen at random. That didn't work out for f13.
  • NMCKE
    Lowbei said:
    Tsulan said:

Won't they keep perma banning him like they did with that Ochido creep?
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@Nickenzie said:
    Lowbei said:

Tsulan said:

He could always do what Ochido did and switch to another platform.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Nickenzie said:
    Lowbei said:
    Tsulan said:

He was a special case. A normal banned person can get a new account.
  • NMCKE

@Nickenzie said:
    Lowbei said:

Tsulan said:

He could always do what Ochido did and switch to another platform.

Ahh, forgot about that...
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Tsulan said:
    Lowbei said:
    Tsulan said:

The ideas are great. But people want to choose to play killer or survivor. Not get chosen at random. That didn't work out for f13.
    Yeah F13 was #########.
    There is a 88% chance you are running around looting drawers for 15 minutes till Jason inevitably gives you a death swirlie or a 12% chance you are going to have some fun.
  • Lowbei
    Nickenzie said:
    Lowbei said:
    Tsulan said:

depends what kind of ban it is. unless hes lying, he should be fine buying a new account.

often times however, these people got caught doing worse than giving themselves bp, and lie to claim they did something small to save face because they are embarrassed.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk Member Posts: 59
    Just because other people hacked Bloodpoints does not mean you should have.  That is a lame excuse.  You cheated and now you face the consequences.  And just because you spent money on the game does not give you entitlement to a free pass.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I'm somewhat at a loss for words since most have already said what i'd have said already.

The only thing I can add is learn from this and be a better person in the future.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539

May I recommend other games to you:

deathgarden (does anyone even play that anymore lol)
     identity V
     soul at stake
     White noise 2

I also hear civ 5 is good

• Lowbei

I also hear civ 5 is good

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

Sux you got caught.. but that's the price & risk you pay for breaking the rules.

• scerckan
    scerckan Member Posts: 149
    good riddance, if you need exploits to be a decent player you're a fckin scrub, hopefully the devs ban all these idiots
  • Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

@Setsune said:
    I hacked Bloodpoints like half of the community did months ago,

Stopped reading here...What do u mean with "half of the community"? Do u actually think that everyone around u are just as dumb as you?

WHAT DID U EXPECT!? You hack, u get banned dumbass, get out of here SCUM!

• Vorfidus
    Vorfidus Member, Dev Posts: 2
    I feel like the responses OP got weren't what he expected. 

Thread locked, as we never publicly discuss bans.
This discussion has been closed.