Xenomorph? Would it fit Dead by Daylight?

NMCKE
NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
edited October 2019 in Polls

Since we already have a humanoid killer called the Demogorgon, this could open way to other humanoid killers!

Assuming at the time you are reading this we have an equal balance of original and licensed killers...

What's your stance on Xenomorph being added to Dead by Daylight?

I'm not making this poll anonymous because I want to encourage y'all to tell me your reasoning! :)

Xenomorph? Would it fit Dead by Daylight? 99 votes

Xenomorph would be a great addition to Dead by Daylight
71%
MikeadatrixLavernneNMCKEWhite_OwlArk_the_BonsaiMonsterInMyMindSeiko300IhatelifeBlueberryBlade92DaDevilsSkirtGHERBEARRULESAcesthetiicMiniPixelsTerminatorGuyPennywiseSN1P3R5G3TH3ADJasonTrent1297grayon444Dimek 71 votes
Xenomorph would NOT be a great addition to Dead by Daylight
13%
SupernautthesuicidefoxbrokedownpalaceTragicSolitudeSpirezPrincessPoopGrootDudeLirulinielNullSp3cAwakeyAhoyWolfBulbasaur2008EobardThawne 13 votes
I personally don't care on whether or not it's added to Dead by Daylight
15%
BosskodiakySpartagone45AChaoticKillerLCGasterRaptorrotasUnnamed_FreakThirty8obot1cElcopollolilsweetrollFobboEntitledMyersMainDARKxVOIDKagato 15 votes
Post edited by NMCKE on

Comments

• NMCKE

Why would Xenomorph make a great addition to Dead by Daylight? :)

• Xenomorph would be a great addition to Dead by Daylight

I personally loved the first two films and I think that it would be cool to have them in the game. Also, I’m pretty sure that the original creators of it don’t care about who has a license for it(IE aliens: colonial marines), so I’m pretty sure getting the license will be easy.

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

It’s a pretty big horror icon in general and would continue to bring new people in and keep more around. The design of Xenomorph would be amazing to see in game. Also think they could make it quite scary. As long as it’s an unique power and has consistent mechanics, it’ll succeed.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

GIVE ME ORIGINAL OR GIVE ME DEATH!

• NMCKE

Do you prefer orginal? I respect that! :)

• NMCKE

@AChaoticKiller @Thirty @8obot1c

Why are y'all indifferent about Xenomorph? I want to see your view points! :P

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

I used to think it wouldn't work but if we can have Demo, we can have Xeno. They also work on a semi hive function so, so long as we don't get a queen, we should be okay.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    edited October 2019

Note that I feel a Xenomorph would work best as an Ambush style semi stealth killer. They'd certainly need a two part power

I'd also root for them to be less hindered by windows than other killers just based on movie behavior

Edit: Accidentally put "Z"enomorph

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I miss original killers

• NMCKE

Assuming if we have an equal amount of licensed killers and original killers, would you be okay with Xenomorph being added to Dead by Daylight?

I'm not asking if it would be okay to add Xenomorph right now when there is an imbalance of orginal and licensed killers. I'm asking if the amount of licensed killers and original killers are equal to each other, would you be in favor of Xenomorph being added to Dead by Daylight? πŸ€“

• GrootDude

Aside from LF I just prefer original characters in general.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Why not? Demogorgon somehow got here so why not an Alien? :v

• NMCKE

Ah, there we go!

Was just making sure you understood the question! :D

Yeah, original characters are pretty cool in my opinion and are less predictable than licensed characters. Licensed chapters you can pretty much predict what their power will be since you already seen them in action via movie or game.

• GrootDude

That is my problem with licensed characters.πŸ˜… Usually predictable.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Alien comes alongside Ripley as a survivor. And that is a must.

Also, the alien is really f*ing cool.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Honestly the Demogorgon seems pretty similar too a Xenomorph in the Hivemind aspect, so at this point I say bring it in! I WANT TOO EAT FACES WITH MY SMALL FACE DANGIT!!

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

Oh yeah. To me he just looks way to dark and you would be able to know just by looking at a red stain.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I like the movies, the first two at least

But I don't know if it would fit well into the game

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

No. Too sci-fi horror. DBD is supernatural/classic horror.

• NMCKE

Then what about Demogorgon? His map has sci-fi horror written all over it. :(

However, I understand your opinion tho! Personally, I don't mind what the killer is as long as they are decent! :)

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446

YES, YES, YES!!!

ELLEN RIPLEY TOO!

• Alice_pbg

Be able to know what?

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,583

If they can make one monster they can another....as we got told, nothing is off the table.

• 8obot1c
    edited October 2019

wouldn't* and depending on his power you wouldn't know hes their unless his power makes him stand out. just look at Macmillan or Yamoaka Estate. I don't really care though, as long as the perks arent doo doo. good chapter 15 concept maybe, but there could be better

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 256

I've been saying this for ages, at least a year ago, xeno is perfect for this game. BHVR should go all out and have the hooks as mini egg chambers, where the survivor gets face hugged on their last hook.

• Alice_pbg

So you're saying the alien would be hard to spot in darker maps?

Ok, I can see that.

• 8obot1c

Its like a killer claudette πŸ˜‚

• Alice_pbg

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

While it's certainly possible to add it, I'm rather puzzled as to what it's kit would be.

The Demogorgon couldve been the Alien and we would not have seen a difference.

• TheALIEN
    TheALIEN Member Posts: 327

It’s my childhood nightmare- the first three films burned the Beast into my psyche- Batman and TMNT were not my Sunday morning viewings 😈

• thesuicidefox

It's more supernatural horror with some sci-fi elements than straight sci-fi horror like Aliens is.

• NMCKE

Ah, I understand your point of view β€” I respect that!

• thesuicidefox

No you don't.

You hate me and are planning revenge as we speak.

This is how the internet works.

• NMCKE

Then why would you tell me about your idea on XB1? I thought you're not supposed to tell me your plans if we are (pretend) rivals? πŸ˜‚

• thesuicidefox

Ah yes, it's a trap!

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Man... A Xenomorph. Now on the right map, having a vent like power or (fast run/hit power) would be amazing.

Hearing those alien screams, hearing them girgle. Would be terrifying.

Would love to see it.

(Maybe.. just maybe.. climb on walls...)

• Neuslock
    Neuslock Member Posts: 18

I think it would be fit, after all we basically where doing the same we do on DBD on Isolation just on extreme defficulty

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited September 2020

It would absolutely make a great addition to Dead By Daylight, I honestly think it'd be one of the most interesting and impactful additions to Dead By Daylight in a long, long, time and for future chapters to come only second to maybe an F13 chapter starring Jason Voorhees (regardless of your opinion on the character, it is undeniable that he is one of if not the most recognizable and popular slasher villains of all time. Hence why they made a game entirely about him [which completely flopped, but due to poor developer decisions and the lawsuit, not because there was something wrong with the license or concept]).

What I think is important about the Xenomorph license is that it's a pure blooded Sci-Fi Horror. And this is important because Dead By Daylight is an amalgamation, of different Horror genres and stories therein, but that doesn't mean they've actually got a representative chapter for every horror genre. We've seen stuff across the board: Chapters of Your traditional slasher, Psychological horror, Body Horror, Holiday Horror, Supernatural Horror, Folk Horror, Comedy Horror, etc.

But we have yet to see a single chapter let alone chapters plural, of two prominent genres. Sci-Fi Horror and Gothic Horror. Which is extremely odd because of the prominence of both in the horror genre as a whole, especially the former, which is one of the oldest and most popular kinds of horror. From Frankenstein's monster to aliens. Which is why I think the addition of an Alien chapter featuring the Xenomorph would be an excellent chapter as it would finally tick the Sci-Fi chapter off the DBD bucket list.

The only reason I can imagine people don't think Xenomorph would come into the game is the confusion created about the map that would be shipped with the chapter. Apparently the devs said at one point in time they'd never do a map in space or anything, which is fine because they still could create maps based on Prometheus or something else rather than Sevastopol station or the Nostromo. This issue of creating a map could also be resolved by just not having one and creating a paragraph chapter featuring just the Xenomorph, or create the first chapter that is just a Survivor and Killer with no map (rewind back to how Ghostface is still technically chapter 12 without a Survivor OR a map, so this could realistically be done.)

As a last talking point, now that Demogorgon is in the game as a humanoid Alien-like creature, there is no excuse not to have the original Alien itself - the perfect organism - the Xenomorph.

Post edited by Seiko300 on
  • dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Would Alien be a fun killer? Yeah, assuming they did a good implementation. It's a humanoid monster killer in terms of its graphics similar to Demogorgon (it would need a tail animation would be one skeletal difference I suppose) so I don't see a reason they couldn't have an Alien skin on a killer. I'm not exactly sure what they would do for its powers but I'm guessing they could come up with something appropriate.

Do I think Alien will show up in the game? I'm thinking probably not, but it's not impossible I guess? I'm betting that the Alien IP has some licensing hurdles in terms of using Alien in a video game. If another company already has an exclusive licensing deal for using Alien in a video game then DbD wouldn't get it at least until that deal expires at a minimum.

• ScaryCat
    ScaryCat Member Posts: 49

It'd be something different. But if we were suddenly on an alian ship, it wouldn't feel like DBD. It seems too much out of place. I'm not sure.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Demo is in...and Stranger Things is more of a sci-fi adventure over horror.

So there is no reason why the Alien franchise shouldn't be included.

The inclusion of Demo changed the ruling on killers being previously human. Although it could also be argued that the Alien did actually come from the body of a human...

If it's a scary thing that kills...it's fine in DBD.