So I'm a Rank 15 Killer going against Red Rank Survivors

Been happening for over an hour. Can't seem to get a kill, and they just like to all teabag at the exit gate.

I mean, I heard matchmaking was a joke, but come on now. How is making a new player face seasoned vets fair? I think I'm about to hit one, then some how they circle around me Ina second and I missed. This is getting frustrating. I'm trying to get better, but with the constant Bully tactics of these higher ranked players it's kinda killing the game for me.

:(

Comments

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

Killer fun and game play isn't the Devs priority. There are 4 times as many survivor mains as there are killers, so making sure the survivors have fun and don't leave the game brings in more money for the Devs.

So instead of making SWF wait longer for a proper match, or making 3 red ranks and a rank 20 face a new killer, they just throw them against any killer so they don't have to wait long.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

If they go to 1080 noscope you, just sit back for a moment until they get the jitters out of their system. Then hit them. Then, stand over them and shake your head no so they know they are being dumb.

• JustNxck
    JustNxck Member Posts: 22

yea it does suck... don't get how people play like that.. as for matchmaking i dunno if it's mmr or rank rn tbh so oh well

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Juking isnt a bully tactic, they just dont want to get hit. Trust me, I KNOW its hard to do but you have to slow down, take a breath, time it, wait for the juke to end then swing. I get that the match making can be disheartening buf look at it as an opportunity to practice. No shame in losing to people that have played so much longer than you

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

Mathcmaking has always been a problem and with MMR suspended I am not sure what is happening now, maybe just nothing. Everyone might get anyone else. I play more survivor than killer and seem to get killers in their teens that get run over, or level 1 red rank killer just sweating my team of me (8) and 3 20's. I have idea why it is so hard to get people together with similar skills.

• BowlofTofu
    BowlofTofu Member Posts: 45

It's not just that. For example if I do manage to hook one, all three just rush the one asap get em off and each protect him. Then they run loops, tea bag, and send me messages on her about how much I suck.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

Well, this is what the rank-as-matchmaker has been doing since September 2019 when Stranger Things released until they first tried the MMR. They never seemed to care to fix it, and I assume it was because they knew MMR was coming this year. But then MMR was a bust, needed to be removed for more work, and the old system they never cared to fix for 10 months was slapped back in place.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Smack the people rushing the hook. Youre focused on downing tge guy tgey just pulled off. Dont. Hit as many as you can then chase one. Even if you then have to break chase because the person you chased is in a good spot you still slowed tge game down. 3 people rushing the hook means no one is on gens, if theyre injured theyre easier to down later when theyre out of position. If they heal they have to not work on gens to do so. This is all winning. The first time you down one or 2 of them rushing the hook theyll stop.

• BowlofTofu
    BowlofTofu Member Posts: 45

I'm just ready to give up entirely. Gens are popping withing one to two minutes. I can never hit anyone. I can never keep up with these people. It's getting to the point where I don't even want to play anymore. I love this game it was fun as hell at first. But now it's all the same stuff constantly.

Nothing I'm doing is helping at all, and half the time I don't even find a single survivor for the first three quarters of a game cause they are so damn good at hiding that I only see em when they dash for the door.

I just want a fair game where I don't go in thinking, ah yes I'm about to lose again. Better get ready to be laughed at by people who've played this game for years and I'm just learning. I just can't wrap my head around what they are doing yet and I feel as if I'm always at a disadvantage. At this rate I'm liable to just give up entirely and say well, there's a game I can't play cause I can't even get a chance to play or try cause every one of them is rushing Gens and has so much experience under their belt that what's the point in trying?

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Matchmaking is a huge problem and there's a severe lack of killers, because they're so weak, thus we get killers like you going against survivors you shouldn't.

You can try gaming at different times, see if you get survivors closer to your rank. Watch people like not otzdarva on YouTube to get a better idea of how to play killer.

I'd like to say it gets easier, but it really doesn't, I'm a rank 3 killer and I go into every match knowing that I'm probably going to lose. The dev's just don't care about making killer viable.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I felt the exact same way as you when I started, and hell I still kinda do. When I first started playing this game I started playing as The Wraith, and I was having a lot of fun, but as I moved up the ranks so too did the survivors, who had much better perks and much better items to counter the perks that I was using. Not only was the difficulty getting higher, but so was the toxicity. It's not in every game, but far too many people like to teabag and say mean things in the end game chat because they either enjoy it, or you didn't play the way they wanted you to.

The only way to hold my own was to unlock teachables from other killers and survivors, so that's what I did. I have the best teachables unlocked with characters that I like to play with the most, but I can still easily get worked over thanks to the joke of a matchmaking system that the devs have in place.

My advice would be to adopt a carefree attitude. It's what I had to do in order to start enjoying this game. Like you I find this game to be a lot of fun, but there's also far too many frustrations that can make anyone stop playing. When the game fires on all cylinders it can be a blast to play! And that's what I look for. I don't care about ranks, I don't care about pipping, I just care about having fun. And if I want a match to end early because survivors are being toxic, then I can do that as a killer by opening the exit gate, or sacrificing myself on the first hook as a survivor if I'm going up against a toxic killer.

Matches are short in general, but you also have the power to make them shorter if you choose to. Don't let toxicity get the better of you. Just brush it off and move on to the next.🙂