Who are you? (Uh huh) I am you (What) I am me, no, sir, you are you

Options
IIITweedleIII
IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 865

Alright, it's 3am. And I'm running on fumes. I had a thought about how the Entity and Realm have select Survivors and Killers. But more on the Survivor side...

Lore wise...

How do you suppose it explains Doppelgangers. Combinations of twins, triplets and quads that all look like each other.

Fun answers, we all know it's just a game. But humor the Folklore. Give your explanation of how it's all possible playing the Entity's Game with Doppelgangers.

Comments

• BSNightflow
    BSNightflow Member Posts: 81
    edited August 2020
    Options

Something about the Multiverse working here. Not really, lore-wise there's never doppelgangers or triplets in the Fog unless they were born twins and triplets, blah blah.

Allowing same characters in one lobby is all because it's just a game and people should all be able to play with their favorite character any time. That's why the archive challenges asking you to play with a specific character suck.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

In-universe... how badly does a killer have to p***-off the Entity to have to face a party of identical survivors?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

In lore there is only one of each survivor and one of each killer. ( while there are four legions there is only one of each specific member so only only one Joey and so on) this has already been confirmed

The reason why you can have multiple of the same survivors is simply because the devs don't want to restrict people from using their favourite characters.

Especially considering how the perks work it would be a massive middle finger if I can't play My Min or Cheryl who both have every perk in the game and was forced to play survivors who barely have Tier 2 perks.

But if you want to make your own head canon you could use the multiverse Theory even though I'm pretty sure the way Dead by daylight uses it is just to explain how killers and survivors of drastically different circumstances can be in the Fog.

For example licensed characters ( a good example would be Steve and Nancy who have Michael Myers as a fictional character in their world).

Or if they decide to do a survivor or killer from an apocalypse without canonising an apocalypse in the main universe they could say it happened in one of the multiverses.

Essentially multiverse at least the way is being portrayed in this game is more for establishing completely different characters rather than different aspects of the same character

• Esperiae
    Esperiae Member Posts: 75
    Options

It could be that the "true survivors" do not exist and all they are are fragments of themselves, which is why they struggle to remember. The entity may do this to maximize the potential gains from their hope through the trials, what it feeds on.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,910
    Options

I tend to think the difference in appearance of same characters with different clothes as different people entirely. If they look the same (e.g.: 2 Dwight defaults) I pretend they're co-workers. As lore, this may work as well, implying many people are trapped within.