Claudette's Love Interest

Options
Peasant
Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

I just made this thread so that poor @Gonzalo 's thread doesn't keep getting derailed.

I personally support the idea of Claudette and Jake Park being romantic partners (# CAKE) as their skills and roles work well together, arguably synergizing better than any other survivor combinations. Jake Park will keep his allies off the hooks while Claudette keeps them off of the floor. Due to the perks, Iron Will and Calm Spirit Jake can save his heal points for Claudette safely while also having a decent guardian power as well. Jake can lead killers away from her as the Saboteur is more dangerous than the Medic. Not to mention that Jake's perks like Iron Will and Calm Spirit complement Claudette's need to remain free from pressure while Empathy and Self-Care help Jake support his allies while roaming the map. Due to these reasons, I support and encourage this pairing.

Does anyone else agree or disagree with the #CAKE ship?

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

Sounds good to me I'll support it. It's like they were made for each other

• Peasant
    edited September 2018
    Options

@JoannaVO said:
    NO WAY. Adam Francis and Claudette are so meant to be! ''#Cake" is nothing more than an optical illusion, don't get fooled folks.
    Just to clarify it btw, I don't find them fitting because they have the same skin color but because their personalities seem to fit together.

Adam Francis and Claudette Morel forever and nobody can get between the two on my watch

"#CAKE" sounds sweeter then "#CADAM". Besides, where's the synergy? As stated earlier, Jake can deny hooks and Claudette can deny the slugs, this makes them a working couple. On top of this since Jake's Sabotages can really mess up a killer this gives him the ability to lead the killer away from Claudette which in turn makes her time in the fog easier and more enjoyable. Meanwhile, with "#CAD" Claudette heals and Adam, is there too I guess? Claudette is a superior healer than Adam in every way so his perk Autodidact gets countered by his partner. Sure Adam can unhook himself, but immediately after the self-unhook, he can't be healed by anyone so I suppose he could save himself for Claudette, but he groans loudly (unlike Jake with his Iron Will) so he could be found before his "lover" can heal him. Finally, there's Deliverance. If the killer actually follows Adam over Claudette in a chase he may actually be dense. Sure, you'll want to hook Adam first at the beginning to deny Deliverance. But after that? His unique ability is throwing a rock 20 meters after lurking near the killer. I mean, that might come in handy if he and Claudette were "enjoying each other's company" and they wanted the killer to go stay away, but that perk takes so long to actually function. Even then, that buys you maybe 5 seconds, definitely no more than 10 seconds. Overall Adam is just, sad. The most romantic thing he could arguably do is wrap Claudette up in his trench coat as he holds her, that's it.

Meanwhile, Jake Park can just remove all of the hooks on one side of the map and they can have 3 minutes in heaven while the hooks regenerate. Plus all of my earlier statements.

• PhantomMask20763
    Options

Also David X Dwight. They could work together such as Dwight wanting to prove himself to David but David keeps Dwight away because if he gets caught so does Dwight. They would look good together too and if not that than at least maybe a bromance

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    Options

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:
    NO WAY. Adam Francis and Claudette are so meant to be! ''#Cake" is nothing more than an optical illusion, don't get fooled folks.
    Just to clarify it btw, I don't find them fitting because they have the same skin color but because their personalities seem to fit together.

Adam Francis and Claudette Morel forever and nobody can get between the two on my watch

"#CAKE" sounds sweeter then "#CADAM". Besides, where's the synergy? As stated earlier, Jake can deny hooks and Claudette can deny the slugs, this makes them a working couple. On top of this since Jake's Sabotages can really mess up a killer this gives him the ability to lead the killer away from Claudette which in turn makes her time in the fog easier and more enjoyable. Meanwhile, with "#CAD" Claudette heals and Adam, is there too I guess? Claudette is a superior healer than Adam in every way so his perk Autodidact gets countered by his partner. Sure Adam can unhook himself, but immediately after the self-unhook, he can't be healed by anyone so I suppose he could save himself for Claudette, but he groans loudly (unlike Jake with his Iron Will) so he could be found before his "lover" can heal him. Finally, there's Deliverance. If the killer actually follows Adam over Claudette in a chase he may actually be dense. Sure, you'll want to hook Adam first at the beginning to deny Deliverance. But after that? His unique ability is throwing a rock 20 meters after lurking near the killer. I mean, that might come in handy if he and Claudette were "enjoying each other's company" and they wanted the killer to go stay away, but that perk takes so long to actually function. Even then, that buys you maybe 5 seconds, definitely no more than 10 seconds. Overall Adam is just, sad. The most romantic thing he could arguably do is wrap Claudette up in his trench coat as he holds her, that's it.

Meanwhile, Jake Park can just remove all of the hooks on one side of the map and they can have 3 minutes in heaven while the hooks regenerate. Plus all of my earlier statements.

Well damn you got me, I haven't got anything to reply to that xD Still stick with my choice :D

• Peasant
    Options
    @JoannaVO Then there's the fan art. . . of #CAKE 

Anyway, I can respect your head Canon as there is some potential for it. Not to mention a seemingly endless number of Claudettes. And Adam wrapping his coat around her will probably be in some fan art in the future. I just found it odd that you ship the pebble thrower (almost worthless) with the healer (incredibly important).
  • JoannaVO
    Options

@Peasant said:
    @JoannaVO Then there's the fan art. . . of #CAKE 

Anyway, I can respect your head Canon as there is some potential for it. Not to mention a seemingly endless number of Claudettes. And Adam wrapping his coat around her will probably be in some fan art in the future. I just found it odd that you ship the pebble thrower (almost worthless) with the healer (incredibly important).

Because love doesn't know limits like this. It's just happens when it's the least expected

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

@Peasant said:
    I just made this thread so that poor @Gonzalo 's thread doesn't keep getting derailed.

I personally support the idea of Claudette and Jake Park being romantic partners (# CAKE) as their skills and roles work well together, arguably synergizing better than any other survivor combinations. Jake Park will keep his allies off the hooks while Claudette keeps them off of the floor. Due to the perks, Iron Will and Calm Spirit Jake can save his heal points for Claudette safely while also having a decent guardian power as well. Jake can lead killers away from her as the Saboteur is more dangerous than the Medic. Not to mention that Jake's perks like Iron Will and Calm Spirit complement Claudette's need to remain free from pressure while Empathy and Self-Care help Jake support his allies while roaming the map. Due to these reasons, I support and encourage this pairing.

nope nea and claudete along with meg in a poly relationship. they sometimes invite jake park over to um "participate"

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

Cake!!
    I very much agree with this ship.

I don't think Adam and Claudette makes much sense. They don't really have anything in common, or anything that synergises them

• Chi
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Peasant said:

nope nea and claudete along with meg in a poly relationship. they sometimes invite jake park over to um "participate"

where is the throw up emoji when you need it

• PhantomMask20763
    Options
    Chi said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Peasant said:

I gotcha 🤮
  • DaddyDagon
    DaddyDagon Member Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm all for #CAKE tbh. That look that she gives him during the intro cinematic kinda kills me cos I ship them. 
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

@Chi said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Peasant said:

haha lol i was only kidding

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    edited October 2018
    Options
    The cake is a lie. I had to joke about this, Iam Rattman after all...
    Don't actually like idea of shipping in dbd in the first place. Survivors terrified, since they always being hunted. They slowly losing hope, since no rest and escape for them. In short moments of silence near campfire they probably healing their wounds, or just sit there without speaking a word. Cause, most likely they saw how others, not so lucky ones were killed again and again. Or, maybe, they trying to forget the feeling of being chainsawed in half. Or, they turning around and trying to avoid eyecontact with person, who they left behind in previous trial, since they were to scared.
    What Iam trying to say, they don't have freakin time or mood for this! Calm down, shippers.
    Edit: fixed some random mistypes
    Post edited by Rattman on
  • Peasant
    Options
    Rattman said:
    Don't actually like idea of shipping in dbd in the first place. Survivors terrified, since they always being hunted. They slowly losing hope, since no rest and escape for them. In short moments of silence near campfire they probably healing their wounds, or just sit there in silence. Cause, most likely they saw how other, not so lucky ones were killed again and again. Or, maybe, they trying to forget the feeling of being chainsawed in half. Or, they turning around and trying to avoid eycontact with person, who they left behind in previous trial, since they was to scared.
    Whar Iam trying to say, they don't have freakin time or mood for this! Calm down, shippers.
    But don't you see? It is the survivors bonds for one another that stop them from losing hope altogether. How else could anyone endure the sheer volume of torture that they experience in every trial?
  • Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

@Peasant said:
    Rattman said:

Don't actually like idea of shipping in dbd in the first place. Survivors terrified, since they always being hunted. They slowly losing hope, since no rest and escape for them. In short moments of silence near campfire they probably healing their wounds, or just sit there in silence. Cause, most likely they saw how other, not so lucky ones were killed again and again. Or, maybe, they trying to forget the feeling of being chainsawed in half. Or, they turning around and trying to avoid eycontact with person, who they left behind in previous trial, since they was to scared.
    Whar Iam trying to say, they don't have freakin time or mood for this! Calm down, shippers.

But don't you see? It is the survivors bonds for one another that stop them from losing hope altogether. How else could anyone endure the sheer volume of torture that they experience in every trial?

Survivors lorewise are complete strangers to eachother. As Mathieu said, they don't even met prior now. They helping each other not because some bonds, which you instill. They helping each other because there is still something human left in them, they can't just simply watch how other people dying and suffering. Because its freakin wrong to just ignore this stuff after all.
    According to all this stuff with different realms and killers, I also think that there are multiple campfires. This actually could be proved easily enough, since you can see it beyond every of 2 gates at the end. Not to mention that time in Entity realm works differently and its possible to encounter another version of yourself during trials. So, this whole thing with long-term relationships is bullshit.

• JoannaVO
    Options

@Chi said:
    Cake!!

I don't think Adam and Claudette makes much sense. They don't really have anything in common, or anything that synergises them

Many long lasting relationships make no sense. It's all about strength, will and sustain.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I don't care to much about shipping but Min and Kate are the otp

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited October 2018
    Options

Jake is too individualistic for Claudette, he literally went living in the woods to avoid social responsibilities.

TheCakeIsALie

• Peasant
    Options
    White_Owl said:

Jake is too individualistic for Claudette, he literally went living in the woods to avoid social responsibilities.

TheCakeIsALie

I have never regretted a ship name so hard. 

Wait a second, if Jake is so individualisric, then why does he grab Claudette's hand and drag her to the generator in the intro? If he really wants to be alone he was fully capable of running away, ditching her, or gesturing for her to leave.
  • White_Owl
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Peasant said:
    White_Owl said:

TheCakeIsALie

Wait a second, if Jake is so individualisric, then why does he grab Claudette's hand and drag her to the generator in the intro? If he really wants to be alone he was fully capable of running away, ditching her, or gesturing for her to leave.

Well, he needs her to repair the gen faster. If you notice Claudette tried to go back to help Meg, but he just wanted to repair the gen and get out.

• Chi
    Options

@JoannaVO said:

@Chi said:
    Cake!!

Many long lasting relationships make no sense. It's all about strength, will and sustain.

No, they do. And literally to me Claudette and Adam fit together as well as Claudette and David (King) or Quentin. They have nothing in common. Nothing that would make their relationship somewhat dynamic. While Claudette and Jake do.

• Chi
    Options

@White_Owl said:

@Peasant said:
    White_Owl said:

TheCakeIsALie

Well, he needs her to repair the gen faster. If you notice Claudette tried to go back to help Meg, but he just wanted to repair the gen and get out.

I mean one of Jake's perks is saboteur. Which is a perk that prevents his teammates from being put on hooks. I don't think he is too individualistic to be with Claudette.

• White_Owl
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Chi said:

@White_Owl said:

@Peasant said:
    White_Owl said:

TheCakeIsALie

I mean one of Jake's perks is saboteur. Which is a perk that prevents his teammates from being put on hooks. I don't think he is too individualistic to be with Claudette.

I always thought he would sabotage to not get hooked himself. Nothing in his lore/perks suggest his an altruistic guy. Not saying he can't be, but I think he is very individualistic.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

what did i just read

• Peasant
    Options

what did i just read

I mean, the title should be relatively clear.
  • alivebydeadight
    Options

@JoannaVO said:

@Chi said:
    Cake!!

brutal strength and iron will

• Chi
    Options

@White_Owl said:

@Chi said:

@White_Owl said:

@Peasant said:
    White_Owl said:

TheCakeIsALie

I always thought he would sabotage to not get hooked himself. Nothing in his lore/perks suggest his an altruistic guy. Not saying he can't be, but I think he is very individualistic.

He can't really sabo to prevent being hooked himself effectively as the perk can be used to save others. Again, 2 out of 3 perks are for him only. Still don't think he is that individualistic.

• notthebasement
    notthebasement Member Posts: 19
    Options

I like that ship! Also because of their personalities. I'm all up to ships where the characters can help give a solution to their flaws. Like Jake -to me, he kind of looks like someone who would let you die to survive himself if the situation is too dangerous. Meanwhile, Claudette is ride or die. She will save without thinking twice about it most likely, at least that was what it looked like in the trailer. Jake can teach Claudette that sometimes it's not worth it and Claudette can make Jake become more empathetic. Development is needed, though. Also Jake likes to be alone and Claudette likes to be alone too. They're prob that kind of couple that sits leaning against each other but each one is doing a different thing and they don't need to be talking 24/7. Being alone living in the forest, with tons of space for plants? 10/10 for both of them.

• Peasant
    Options
    Chi said:

@JoannaVO said:

@Chi said:
    Cake!!

No, they do. And literally to me Claudette and Adam fit together as well as Claudette and David (King) or Quentin. They have nothing in common. Nothing that would make their relationship somewhat dynamic. While Claudette and Jake do.

Don't snuff Quentin just yet! After all, he can get Claudette all of the Medkits she wants. Not to mention, Vigil helps him support her just by being near her. As a final bonus, he can hold the door for her better than anyone else.

Though if we're being real Quentin is probably still hoping to get out of the entity's realm and find Nancy.
  • Chi
    Options

@Peasant said:
    Chi said:

@JoannaVO said:

@Chi said:

Cake!!

Don't snuff Quentin just yet! After all, he can get Claudette all of the Medkits she wants. Not to mention, Vigil helps him support her just by being near her. As a final bonus, he can hold the door for her better than anyone else.

Though if we're being real Quentin is probably still hoping to get out of the entity's realm and find Nancy.

I am superficial though, Jake is cute and Quentin isn't :s

• JoannaVO
    Options

@alivebydeadight said:

@JoannaVO said:

@Chi said:
    Cake!!

You know it wink

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@JoannaVO said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@JoannaVO said:

@Chi said:
    Cake!!

You know it wink

oh god i just said the two perks that I heard now i shall pallet loop a hag thanks my dude

• JoannaVO
    Options

@alivebydeadight said:

@JoannaVO said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@JoannaVO said:

@Chi said:
    Cake!!

You know it wink

oh god i just said the two perks that I heard now i shall pallet loop a hag thanks my dude

Please no, hag is a good girl :(

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    Claudette has flashlights
    Jake has fleshlights
    Match made in heaven.
  • alivebydeadight
    Options

@JoannaVO said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@JoannaVO said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@JoannaVO said:

@Chi said:
    Cake!!

You know it wink

Please no, hag is a good girl :(

pallet loop intensifies

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

OMG Shipping Characters ok, Sure makes more sense than most of the stuff on the forum.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

As long as no one gets in the way of Detective Thomas, then i am fine. Don't care for the rest.

• AliveBySunrise
    AliveBySunrise Member Posts: 12
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    Also David X Dwight. They could work together such as Dwight wanting to prove himself to David but David keeps Dwight away because if he gets caught so does Dwight. They would look good together too and if not that than at least maybe a bromance

Naw...Dwight seems like to much of a wussy. Stop biting your nails bro, you're fine :angry:

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options
    Chi said:

I am superficial though, Jake is cute and Quentin isn't :s

-Slap- How dare you say that! Quentin-kun is perfect.
  • PhantomMask20763
    Options

@AliveBySunrise said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Naw...Dwight seems like to much of a wussy. Stop biting your nails bro, you're fine :angry:

Idk I think they would look kinda cute together either way.

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513
    Options

Claudette and Jake? I think I'm going to throw up.

• Peasant
    Options
    Eight said:

Claudette and Jake? I think I'm going to throw up.

Nah, Claudette and Jake are a-okay. Makes sense perkwise, and gameplay-wise. Heck, makes sense in the toxic community too. 

It's lot better than the other alternatives like Jake and Laurie. May the Entity help you if encounter Claudette and David.
  • Eight
    Options

@Peasant said:
    Nah, Claudette and Jake are a-okay. Makes sense perkwise, and gameplay-wise. Heck, makes sense in the toxic community too. 

How are they going to kiss or whisper sweet nothings to eachother when Jake always has an RBT on his head?

• Peasant
    Options
    Eight said:

@Peasant said:

How are they going to kiss or whisper sweet nothings to eachother when Jake always has an RBT on his head?

Well you see, Jake is a master of breaking traps so I'm sure he can . . .
    *BEEP BEEP BEEP, SNAP*

D A R N

In all seriousness the traps do nothing more than waste time. So unless Amanda just braindeadly tunnels Jake he'll get the trap off.
  • Eight
    Options

@Peasant said:
    In all seriousness the traps do nothing more than waste time. So unless Amanda just braindeadly tunnels Jake he'll get the trap off.

sigh At this point, I think you know me too well.

• Peasant
    Options
    Eight said:

@Peasant said:

sigh At this point, I think you know me too well.

Yeah . . .
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    Claudette is incapable of love. Every game she is the most selfish person I've ever seen. Claudette only cares about Claudette.

The only love interests she has are the hatch, the purple flashlight, and Decisive Strike.
  • Peasant
    Options
    Claudette is incapable of love. Every game she is the most selfish person I've ever seen. Claudette only cares about Claudette.

The only love interests she has are the hatch, the purple flashlight, and Decisive Strike.
    We must be seeing different Claudette's, then.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    Peasant said:

We must be seeing different Claudette's, then.
    At least you see her.

I only see her aura when I'm on the hook and it turns out she's been hiding at the back of the map all game waiting on the rest of us to die so she can get the hatch.

Love Claudette players  :|