Why the blight is the most important killer ever released

Options
2»

Comments

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

But I don’t find Huntress or Billy fun to face.

A MAJORITY of Nurse players are not good. Good ones exists but it’s not a common sight.

You can’t use the Scott Jund excuse of “boring to face” because not the entire playbase is going to agree on what killers are fun and what killers are not. I love facing Myers but I know people who hate him. We all have different opinions on who we like and dislike :/

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706
    Options

IKR, Lately for killer mains if a new killer can't instadown or have an obnoxious or easy power to use he's trash.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

Fun and viable are 2 key factors for me and id assume alot of people which is sad beacuse its hard to get on point

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458
    Options

i find freddy, clown, pig, billy, trapper and pyramid head (and maybe legion and spirit beceause teamate give up easely when playing solo) unfun to verse, as we can all see each people as his own set of killer that are unfun to verse.

yes i respond just to help your argument you're welcome

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

Deathslinger isnt brainless. Neither is PH. Spirit and Freddy are

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

"The weakest killers are the funniest to go against"

• Viperion
    Viperion Member Posts: 49
    Options

yea ok fair enough, but i can imagine not all players will use/like vc, so maybe vc isnt really a good idea after all.

i totally agree that if they make a way to communicate better between survivors they need to buff killers in general tho

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

My examples are killers who you can counter if good and are typically found fun myers is fun also it wasnt just flat out these are fun also i wasnt using Scott jund but ok.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 368
    Options

You can call me salty or sour for this but from the time that I've spent reading over threads and watching videos I've come under the impression that a "fun" killer seems to be one that can loop only with m1 and their power being secondary to a chase at best and serving primarily as a movement tool around the map. I'm not a fan of this mentality because it implies that all killers should be designed with the idea that every killer should be looped traditionally which is dumb. Different killers have different strengths and weaknesses. Clown, Deathslinger and Pyramid have strong chase potentional but suffer with map pressure. Oni, Blight and Hillbilly have great map mobility but are still m1 killers so they rely more on mindgames but most importantly each killer has it's own set of mindgames to them. Looping a PH effectively and looping an Oni effectively require very different skillsets and mindsets.

I've played Blight and I think he's a lot of fun for he is and hope that tweaks to his hitbox will fix some of his more glaring problems but I really hate this idea that all killers need to be looped the same way. A lot of survivors say how traditional looping is the most "fun" but it shouldn't be the only way of looping them. Different powers means different ways to play for BOTH SIDES.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

Oh no. Survivors are calling The Blight "fun". He is worse than I could have ever imagined Clown to be.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

Of course they think hes fun. Almost every game versus a Blight is a guaranteed win! His addons are amazing tho. The new balance team is doing a poor job so far, but they nailed these. I personally hope that the Hindered addon for slams becomes base.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,228
    edited August 2020
    Options

For me, Killers should have various abilities like PH, Doctor, Fred.

But not so annoying like Doc (static blast is not, but madness system)

or op like Fred (double abilities while keeping his speed + many side effects)

PH is what Killers should be like.

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551
    Options

This exactly ^

They're just a bunch of weasels hopping in on the trend since scott made the unfun killers vid, which stressed heavily on spirit and to an extent slinger.

ANY other killer in the game is fine, except that this killer isn't even fine with how clanky he is right now.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

So... Kilers who actually have power on loops are unfun? Well I get bored of being looped you have fun with that? At least those killers make you to have skill rather than looping.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited August 2020
    Options

I'd argue that mindgaming at loops and being able to use LOS to your advantage to be unpredictable is a pretty vital skill for survivor at high level, theres also being able to predict lunges and 360s which is pretty hard against a good killer and is entirely physical skill. Most of the killers (specifically M1 killers) don't require any skill outside of basic knowledge of loops and mechanics (like survivors) that apply to all killers. It's only when you get to the killers like Huntress or Nurse, Oni and Billy where physical skills aswell as knowledge about their unique mechanics come into play.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Legion and Clown throw this arguament straight out the window. I can get an easy solo 4 man escape against a Legion and it'll kill my motivation to solo queue for the rest of the day because of how boring it is.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

Not at all. Nurse is good but fun to play against. Clown is terrible and also terribly unfun to play against just to mention 2.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Look at Huntress, and pre nerf billy. Both are/were fun to play against and are still incredibly strong.

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 188
    Options

I just find it funny that every single killer you named is somewhat strong and requires you to do something besides running and throwing down pallets but now that we finally have a killer who does just that and is incredibly weak you say he’s fun to play against

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    edited August 2020
    Options

Every killer has some form of a counter, no killer is completely uncounterable. There’s just different types of counters. You can’t loop a Deathslinger the same way you would a Wraith.

DS and PH have a strong 1V1 chase. Of course you’re going down quicker than you would a Wraith.

Also didn’t know Huntress was “typically found fun”. I didn’t know a majority of the playerbase liked facing her. Didn’t know people like getting hit by her flying orcas.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

When huntress doesnt have ######### hitbozds then genuinely fun. Also PH can put you in unwinnable scenarios dont understand the counter there. DS we can play a custom and show me the counterplay.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,934
    Options

Killers are annoying when you can't loop them the same way! Blight is a step in the right direction because he can be looped without effort!

• Veeramid
    Veeramid Member Posts: 113
    Options

No this is an opinion I've shared for a long time. I'm a killer main I genuinely dont care if survivors find something unfun but they won't stay if they aren't having fun. Blight is good and with the changes coming especially to his collision he will be good. You can watch oh tofus use of him to see how he makes him extremely effective.