An idea to update “SLIPPERY MEAT”

I know this has to be one of the lesser used perks but it is fun on the very very off chance it works.

To make this perk more user friendly, why not include 25% on all traps (trapper, hag, demo, Freddy blood )

for had demo and Freddy, 25% chance of not activating them. Just a thought

Comments

• Barnabas9
    Barnabas9 Member Posts: 7

That would be at max tier of course.

• Barnabas9

Activate/notify btw

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

I like where your head is at, but a chance to not trigger at all seems over powered, but what if it reduced their effectiveness instead. 25% increased self escape rate from bear traps, 25% shorter hag trap duration, 25% increased success chance when removing reverse beartraps at jigsaw boxes, and by "Freddy blood" i take it you mean dream snares? That one would be like 25% reduced area of effect after triggered.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,810
    edited August 2020

That would be a good start. You could add in other logical things too, like make Deathslinger's chain break faster. I think I'd prefer to see this perk get a different sort of rework, though, rather than just hitting a minority of the killers especially hard.

One idea I've had for this perk is to remove the Bear Trap bit, but add the ability for survivors to attempt to unhook themselves on their second hook as well. That way it'd have awesome synergy with Deliverance, which is now a dead perk slot if you can't get a safe unhook before your first hook.

12 attempts gives a 39% chance of at least one success (assuming no luck offerings) while 6 attempts is 22%. So, I honestly still don't think it would be OP to give the 3 extra escape attempts on the hook per hook phase. They could tweak that as needed if a SWF luck meta started becoming too prevalent, but I really doubt it would be an issue. I think it'd just give survivors more of a reason to bring luck offerings, which would be nice.

• Barnabas9

I agree with both of you. I really like the idea of an “escape the second hook” . It should be an a extremely difficult skill check attempt (half decisive strike). This idea might synergize well with Comraderie (another iffy perk as is).