DC Penalties should attack Resources, not Time

LawrenceMynes
LawrenceMynes Member Posts: 7
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

I've had to endure the 3rd time of a day long ban from the game due to internet issues. I have no control over when my internet gets thrown out of wack and now I'm given a black mark cause there's no other reason then someone decided to watch Netflix and I get kicked from the match.

So instead of posting a thread bitching about ######### BHVR's never gonna actually read and everyone's just gonna throw their noses up at cause they'll either comment "McDonald's Wifi idiot" or whatever they think is funny; I'm gonna suggest this to BHVR

Instead of the DC penalties being a lock on time, making a cap/loss of bloodpoints and shards. Why? Easy, If you're DCing because you're being salty, you're just gonna leave the game anyway and not come back until the penalty is gone or just leave the game and find something else to play.

If it's the currency in the game, it'll start to matter cause unless you have like 5000 hours and hundreds of items and add-on's, then you'll have to stop being ######### and play the game. You already lose all your bloodpoints that round, any items/add-ons/offerings, so you should go after the currency rather then time. People will have less resources, less means of getting their perks and items and just gonna endure the bed they've made. Their gonna leave either way, so this option still forces people with a toxic mentality out of the game but keeps players who didn't get a choice due to internet issues like myself or just had to hop off. Hell, it also means people will even start to use more builds cause if they don't have items, well... Botany Knowledge starts looking a lot better then We'll Make It when you have to take a chance and find a med-kit in game.

An argument I'm sure I'll get is also "Well, if the survivors don't wanna play or get upset, all their gonna do is kill themselves on hook." Then give more for the Killer for a survivor that tries to free themselves and survivors that just are trying to play normally. Yeah, we can't control when some shithead decides them being the first one downed is toxic and now their gonna, but it's better then a 600 BP bonus for overall a ######### match now.

I can't say if this is really going to grab anyone, let alone BHVR's attention, but I'd rather have a civil discussion then the 50% #########-eating comments that half the community posts on each other, and the rest being salty jabs or actual attempts at a discussion.

If you see this BHVR, I hope you actually take this idea into play, and I'd like to also suggest and talk to you about getting the ban off. If not, well, I guess I'll see ya'll when this blows over. Please be civil in the comments.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• KhaineGB
    KhaineGB Member Posts: 10,623

I doubt they'll change it since a large majority of PvP games use matchmaking lockout as a penalty for disconnecting.

I'm sorry to say this, but if your internet is that bad that anyone else using it kicks you out, then you probably shouldn't be playing online PvP games.