Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Next chapter should be Military related for killer and survivor.

SadonicShadow
SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

Just as my title says i would really love it if the next survivor and killer we get in 2018 would be military in nature. Lore wise we all know the entity drags people into its realm through acts of incredible violence and suffering. I think it would be epic to have a survivor that lore wise was pulled from a battlefield. A soldier wearing worn and ragged military fatigues and a killer that is a former soldier himself. No clue what the killers power would be. Perhaps the killer could have a power such as a muzzle loader rifle with an affixed bayonet that would serve as his M1 melee. Just an idea that i like. It would be awesome to have something military related.

Comments

• Tepiglover88
    Tepiglover88 Member Posts: 44
    edited July 2018

DELETED

Post edited by Tepiglover88 on
  • SadonicShadow

@Tepiglover88 said:
    OH YES, THE KILLER WEAPON HAD BEST BE A ROCKET LAUNCHER! WEEEEEEEE!

What?

• Tepiglover88
    edited July 2018

DELETED

• SadonicShadow

@Tepiglover88 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Tepiglover88 said:

What?

I am saying i like the idea, and the killer should have a rocket lancher, cause balance

What is with the sarcasm? What is your problem?

• Tepiglover88
    edited July 2018

DELETED

• SadonicShadow

@Tepiglover88 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Tepiglover88 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Tepiglover88 said:

What?

I am saying i like the idea, and the killer should have a rocket lancher, cause balance

uh, sorry? I didn't expect you to get so offended by it lol, I said I like ur idea, sorry?

ok.

• theagitatedapricot
    theagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    It would be cooler if he had a tank, actually, and could call in air strikes.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

World of tank in dbd when ?
    I kinda wanna erase that stupid Laurie's house tbh.

On a more serious note : anything could be done, as long as it's fun and creepy. Not too sure about a rocket launcher tho kek.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I want to drop a nuke on the obsession please

• SadonicShadow

@Master said:
    I want to drop a nuke on the obsession please

Now this i can get behind.

• SadonicShadow

@Tepiglover88 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Tepiglover88 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Tepiglover88 said:

What?

uh, sorry? I didn't expect you to get so offended by it lol, I said I like ur idea, sorry.

I apologize for being a bit of an ######### to you earlier. I responded to you when it was midnight for me. I was exhausted and not in the best of mood at that time.

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

The devs said that the Clown's ability was inspired by a potential granade throwing soldier killer idea they had. The granades turned into the gas clouds though.

• SadonicShadow

@Claudette_Baguette said:
    The devs said that the Clown's ability was inspired by a potential granade throwing soldier killer idea they had. The granades turned into the gas clouds though.

I remember that quote from the dev stream. Something like a solider that would throw cans of mustard gas. I honestly would have preferred that over the clown if i could pick between the two.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Claudette_Baguette said:

But that wouldnt fit into the picture of survivors bullying a killer/"clown", now we literally got a clown, pathetic

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    I made a fan made post about a new military killer if you are interested! It's called "New Chapter: The Last War" and I think you should check it out if your interested in a military killer :)
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

This would be kinda fun with shell holes deep enough to hide in but slow to get out of with water at the bottom. There'd be military hardware there like tanks/planes/howitzers etc. The buildings could be bunkers/pillboxes that may or may not have gens in them. You could have barracks and supply depots/fuel depots etc.

• SadonicShadow

@powerbats said:
    This would be kinda fun with shell holes deep enough to hide in but slow to get out of with water at the bottom. There'd be military hardware there like tanks/planes/howitzers etc. The buildings could be bunkers/pillboxes that may or may not have gens in them. You could have barracks and supply depots/fuel depots etc.

A map that is a war torn battlefield would be awesome. It would fit the lore and be really eerie

• MocaJava
    MocaJava Member Posts: 9
    It should be zombie R. Lee Ermey  (RIP). His powerful insults would strike true fear in the hearts of survivors. 
  • jester
    jester Member Posts: 31

The killer and survivor don't usually relate to one another so heavily. Like when Spark of Madness was released- we got Feng Min and The Doctor- they're COMPLETELY unrelated. Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be AWESOME if the survivor and killer had some deeper lore connection that you're suggesting, but based on what we've gotten previously it doesn't seem very likely.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@MocaJava said:
    It should be zombie R. Lee Ermey  (RIP). His powerful insults would strike true fear in the hearts of survivors. 

I loved watching his shows he was great and is sorely missed. His voice would be great perhaps as a prompt like do gens faster maggots or something like that lol. I highly doubt they could get him licensed for this though but if they could sky's the limit. He'd be a great survivor type, leaadership perks through the roof, gritty etc.

As an added bonus to make him a super funny survivor if the killer misses a swing he'd throw off some great taunt line and the same for when he got away or downed/sacrificed.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    While I also did not want a clown in the game, I think if he was military he just wouldn't garner much attention. I think the clown idea is acceptable. Plus it gives them great excuse for pink gas and big laughs.