Lost so much Motivation

Today I lost more motivation than ever before. I only play with people below my skill level (babies etc.) and against killers above my skill level. That's not how I play it, it's not fun like that. Especially not when the trapper's bear traps are simply IN the ground and thus virtually invisible. It's no fun like that. Every killer has noed and tunnels or camps and matchmaking has been so ######### up lately as I've rarely seen it before. So I don't enjoy the game, I lose the motivation to play the game and I don't play any more.

Well and good that there is a graphics patch, it also looks great, well and good that there is a new map, a new killer and a new survivor. But please fix other and older problems first before you create new ones (technical problems with the new map etc.). I've also heard of the new matchmaking system, but I don't see any of it. Rework the traps, block consequent campers or tunnels (not permanently but rather timeout wise) and please also noed, this perk is so unfair. In my opinion, a killer should not be favored if he doesn't catch anyone in the round and then gets 1-2 kills in the endgame simply because he does use noed.

Little raid from me, how do you see the points mentioned?

Comments

• lugZas_exe
    lugZas_exe Member Posts: 57

Got it, I'm sorry I don't know the development team and the matchmaking system. But I don't think camping and tunneling are strats ... I mean, if the devs said that, it won't change much, it still kills the fun in the game but well. I don't want to say that noed in itself is op. It's just very frustrating. Especially when a killer gets you who hasn't got anything done for the whole round.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

Maybe most killers use NOED and other tactics because the matchmaking has been boyond broken and they are tired of getting stomped on by teams of far higher ranks?

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    edited August 2020

I found the usual biased killer main that never played solo survivor before. dO bOnEs, cLeAnSe ToTeMs

• claudetterealness
    claudetterealness Member Posts: 92

anyone who says 'do bones' are completely brain dead because they never factor in the 100 variables when playing solo queue that prevents you from being able to 'do (ALL) bones'

use your brains huns not everyone plays SWF and most of us get absolute mutants on our team

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

doing bones is 3 IQ way to counter NOED

the 300 IQ way to counter NOED is gen rush and leave anyone who gets caught to die and just escape.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

It's people like you that blame others for their own problems.

I play solo queue exclusively and NoED is rarely a problem. There are perks that let you see totems, run with them. Just because your team doesn't do totems, doesn't mean you get to blame the perk for the problem. Survivors can blame themselves if NoED goes off. Most are just too lazy to do totems because they "shouldn't have to do anything besides gens."

To quote you, "use your brains hun" and choose perks to cover your weaknesses instead of blaming everything/everyone else.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited August 2020

telling people to run ######### perks like small game/det's hunch is just killer main counter intelligence to get survivors to waste their time. Gen rush and leave the one guy hit with NOED to die. That's the real noed counter.

Cleansing totems is absolutely a waste of time 99% of the time at red ranks and cleansing totems "just in case" is a good way to end up with your whole team dead before you even reach end game against a competent killer. Things are different for a SWF who can count the totems, but for solo queue gamers, there is absolutely no way cleansing all the totems is a good way to spend your time.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

ditto. Sure it sucks for the first guy that got downed, but I have rarely ever seen NOED get more than 1. And when it has it's either greedy survivors thirsting for saves or survivors that don't respect the "exposed" status and group up anyway leading to a quick snowball.

sometimes there does seem to a few people that want secondary objectives because gens are boring, but they also want those secondaries to be completely optional and inconsequential.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

Exactly... Survivor is really boring these days.

Survivors have a very small amount of stuff to worry about.

1 - Gens

2 - Chases/saves

3 - Totems if there are any at all.

I'd make a list for killers but I think I'd make the post too long.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

I run small game as a survivor, if I see a totem and I'm not immediately occupied with some other dumpster fire, I'll break the totem. I usually get 2 or 3 of them in a trial, if one other person broke a totem or two, Noed won't be an issue.

If the killer seems to be good, I stop breaking extra totems because either:

A) We won't make it to the end game, because a good killer will kill us potatoes

or

B)The killer probably isn't running Noed, because Noed is a flawed perk, its useless most of the game.

• RbLen
    RbLen Member Posts: 144

Maybe go play Civilization for a while.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

The dev team was about 40-45 people when they first made the game. They currently have 75 +-

I wouldn't say it's a really small team compare to other indie teams with 4-13 people working on a game.

Junkfish as an example has a team of 13 people working on their latest game.

• RossSama
    RossSama Member Posts: 37

I make it a point to do 2-3 bones per match and my team still gets hit by noed all the time lmao

Solo queue survivor is always #########. That's just how dbd is designed. They don't let us comm with our teammates and we have to sacrifice our meta perks for information perks like small game, kindred, alert, bond, etc.

And the one game you get pissed off and make sure to check and cleanse all five totems by yourself, killer won't be running noed and you'll just be wasting a ton of your time that could've been used for gens while your team is getting beaten up lol

• claudetterealness
    claudetterealness Member Posts: 92

"run totem counters" yeah so instead I'll be camped and tunnelled because I've wasted my perk slots on 'totem counters' all DBD need to do is put a count of how many totems are left on the map and we wouldn't have this issue

and don't make assumptions about strangers over the internet you weirdo, I didn't write this post about NOED but people who claim do bones really lack the initiative to think about the whole picture - there are MANY reasons 5 totems can't get done in a single match lmao

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

I agree. Sadly, if you make it your mission as solo to cleanse 3-5 totems, there's a decent chance everyone is going to die- and with 1 gen remaining.

So there you are, running kindred and Detectives hunch and.. hoping for the best? Maybe living?

As others have said, it's almost not even worth it. I aim for 2.. but most likely someone is gonna get hit w noed and they get to be that round's sacrificial lamb.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Not at all. Even if i did, whats it to you? Gonna tell me how bad i am. Go ahead. Tell me how im a bad boy.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

I play solo surv. I bring either a map or detectives hunch. So idk about your complaint so much "buddy" but going by your logic: I FOUND THE SWF PLAYING SURVIVOR WHO THINKS DOING BONES IS A WASTE OF TIME