Do you use Aftercare often?

DerZuntor
DerZuntor Member Posts: 293

Do you use Aftercare often? 48 votes

Yes
25%
rhaSeiko300CrtKazzNemmy_WemmyTodgeweihtDeath_Syko21SkullKidFrancesco044notstarboardDerZuntorZephanUnboundtbspecial 12 votes
No
75%
MandyBardInjiGHERBEARRULESMat_SellaTapeKnotDimekTheRockstarKnightSupertrampBoosted_DwightAhoyWolfSunaIIanuSaitamfedanonymous31337EnderloganYTSebaOutbreak[Deleted User]PrettyFaceKateScary_Punk_GhostYffriium 36 votes

Comments

• Pior_Morte
    Pior_Morte Member Posts: 526
    No

It's a great perk, but I don't use it very often.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Yes

I think I use it in about 20% of my survivor builds, its a pretty solid perk for solo.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,741
    No

I use it occasionally, but I answered no because that's not really often. I have it on a couple of builds (I have all my characters set up with different builds to play depending on my mood), but it's not on my main characters.

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657
    No

Every so often, but it's not a staple.

The fact that it loses its progress on hook is kinda lame.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    No

Not really. It's not a bad perk but I find other perks more appealing, like Blood Pact.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487
    No

Too much work to build it up just to lose all your stacks when hooked. Bond or Empathy is always going to do the job better in my eyes.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Yes

It's one of the more underrated perks in the game, especially in solo queue and if you tend to play altruistically. It's ceiling is being able to see all of your teammates auras at all times and having them see your aura as well. Most of the game you'll have one or two people affected, which is already amazing. And, as teammates start to get killed, you're more and more likely to see the entire team is at all times and have them be able to see you at all times.

• notstarboard
    Yes

To play Devil's advocate, you are guaranteed to get Aftercare on the person who unhooks you as well, so you're going to have at least one person highlighted (and your aura highlighted for them) at all ranges for most of the game. If you play altruistically, you could well spend large parts of your games knowing exactly where all of your teammates are.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487
    No

On the other hand, you're guaranteed not to see your ally coming at you at the start of the match when the killer's chasing them, as the bane of solo survivors are the tools who hear a gen going and think that's the perfect direction to run. Bond guarantees you that. You also always know where the killer is when they're chasing someone after they take a hit with Empathy, where Aftercare is 50/50.

• notstarboard
    Yes

I'd argue that seeing your teammates on the first chase is actually less relevant than at any other point in the game. Until the first person gets hooked you're either getting chased or you're doing gens. Unless you're hoping to go for a flashlight save, the terror radius is more than enough information that a teammate is getting chased near you.

I agree that Bond and Empathy are more consistent than Aftercare, but they're also weaker, especially in solo queue. When you're solo, it's as important for you to know where your team is as it is for them to know where you are. Aftercare allows you to give them information back. It's even stronger if your teammates are in a SWF, because applying Aftercare to one of them is enough for your whole team to know where you are at all times, near or far, injured or healthy.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552
    No

I like the concept of Aftercare, but the downside is just too much to be anywhere near as viable as Bond

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    No

I normally just run bond instead.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    Yes

Oh ho a fellow aftercare lover. Im curious in what builds you use it in? I like it with autodidact, empathy, and botany but ive been enjoying it in other builds as well.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    No

That's a big Nah, dude.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    No

I like it, but I don't use it much lately.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Yes

I like it a lot on sabo builds, it also pairs relatively well with we will make it.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    No

Too many conditions. Activation AND reset. I understand it's got big upsides, but I think they're more than offset by the restrictions put onto them.

Bond is much more consistent. Same for kindred.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096
    No

I personally dont play aftercare that often. I might play it a few rounds after this however.

But I know someone who has aftercare on almost 70% of their builds and its actually really nice to have someone on your team that is playing the perk.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    No

It looks like a cool perk - I could see a couple of situations where it could let Solos coordinate as if they were SWF; to great effect - but there are more reliable perks out there.

I also hardly play Survivor in general, so when I do play it's usually for specific challenges on the Rift or if a friend of mine wants to SWF, neither of which encourage using a just for fun perk that has a 20-40% chance of not really helping.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    No

It just doesn't slide into my build as well as Kindred, although Aftercare IS one of my favorite perks in the game.

• KateDensonMain3331
    No

I've never used it only because he is one of 2 survivors I don't have yet so I don't have the perk unlocked. But it seems like a decent perk to use so I would at least give it a try!!

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Yes

It depends on what I'm going for, what the purpose of my build is, but generally speaking when I am running any aura revealing perks (Bond, Empathy, Aftercare) I use the latter just as much as I use the former two. The condition to heal someone or be healed is extremely easy to meet, and I don't think the perk gets enough credit for that as far as activating criteria goes across the board in terms of perks, and because of this the aura reading may as well be considered just as "guaranteed" as perks like Bond or Empathy. Even if it does reset throughout the match it's almost never an issue to find another survivor and heal them or be healed.

Especially for the vastly greater information you receive from the perk, seeing everyone across the entire map is especially useful for solo players. Consistent and ever-present information on where to get a heal, when to go for a save, which generators to do (do you want to rush a single gen with teammates or do you want to stay spread out and purposefully work on gens they're not on?), AND where the killer is by reading the body language / actions of your fellow teammates (who's fast vaulting, who suddenly stopped working on a generator and walked away, who is crouching around an object trying to hide, etc.)

The advantages of Aftercare over the other two cannot be understated, all for the small effort of healing someone or finding someone to heal you.