Nurse: talent or dedication?

psionic
psionic Member Posts: 670

I main Survivor and I've been playing Nurse for almost 2 months non-stop. I went from rank 20 to rank 5 (can't pass rank 5, sadly), and almost all matches are painful, really stresfull. When I'm facing a solo team it's reasonably easy, but when I'm facing a swf and they understand I'm more than an average nurse, generators goes in the blink of an eye. I'm really questiong my capacity of playing her and I'm almost sure that, for me, it's not worth that pain.😥

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It's all just muscle memory and playing the game long enough to predict movement, that's it.

• Tsair
    Tsair Member Posts: 49

I would say look up a lot of high skill nurse gameplay. They give strong advice for how to position your first blink to ensure you have the opportunity for a hit, and a good perk setup so that you don't find yourself spending too long searching rather than chasing. Apply map pressure is the biggest thing, don't be afraid to slug one if you already have one hooked to try and slow the game down a bit.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

I don't blame you for getting stressed. Nurse has the highest skill ceiling of any killer in the game and learning her, let alone getting good, is really tough.

If there's anything else you can do in-between matches to make the experience more enjoyable for you, like eating a bowl of your favorite snack, I'd recommend that.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

Its all dedication. Of course at the higher ranks you are going to be getting a lot better survivors who can loop better in general and also know how to play against the new nerfed Nurse. Make your two blinks count!

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited August 2020

Talent isn't really something to put weight behind. If you struggle with Nurse, just keep practicing. Unlike Old Nurse, she actually requires dedicated skill, good game sense, and tactics.

Edit: I can't help with the first two, but as for the second: Don't predict survivors. React to them. If you lose LoS, blink to where you last saw them. If you can see them again, use your second blink to hit. If you cannot see them, float around for a bit til you can once more. Don't waste time blinking about the place. Even if they're in the open, use your first blink to go slightly behind them, closing the gap, and your second blink to hit.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487

It's mostly just the amount of time you pump into her. There's a streamer in my area who plays nothing but Nurse, and always tries to make a big deal over how difficult it is. (Like running heartbeat monitors while he plays) It's just a mssive load because after you play Nurse for a while the game becomes WAY easier and less stressful because a really strong Nurse player just crushes survivors, especially with the recent flood of console players who just don't know what to do against her because they never play against her.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

Seems like dedication to me. I'm currently learning her and it takes a lot of lost matches to get anywhere. Worst thing is that I don't even have any friends that play DBD so I can't just play KYF until I learn the basics.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,940

Working your way up to a good Nurse is frustrating and stressful, especially with her blink restrictions now. But if you get good with her, the Cooldown won't really bother you and she'll be extremely fun.

Only frustrating parts are her bugs like (not being able to hit after a blink, multiple dead zones on some maps, whiffs even though the blade was right on the Survivor, hits even though the blade was nowhere near the Survivor etc.)

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

I played Nurse yesterday. I didn't play her for a years before yesterday. And I did better than I expected. First match I hooked everyone 2 times and sacrificed one. Second match I sacrificed 3 guys and one escaped.

But I mentioned I got exhausted after couple of games much faster than when I play as Huntress. Even if I enjoyed this matches, for some reason I got tired anyway. I will try again today.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Dedication pretty much.

Try to play her with the wooden horse addon alone. Play her even without any perks to understand her power better and get better gamesense, this helps alot to master her imo. See what you can do, where you can improve. Do not fall into the trap of thinking that you have to win every game, it is okay to lose. Everybody does lose games.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

A bit of both, tbh

moreso dedication than raw talent

It’s stressful. Nurse is the highest tier of difficulty. Everyone loses games, sometimes many consecutively. I sure have ;P

Jus wanna encourage you to not give up.

Swfs are a chore to face off against and could account for majority the neg and safety pipping, but it’s not always on you and your playing style. Sometimes you can do everything right and still somehow get setback. That’s what makes for the best learning experiences, when you press on through the pain and keep your eyes fixated on the victory.

...and we all kno the DBD universe could use more challenging Nurse players. You are skilled and dedicated enough to make that the reality, whatever rank you achieve.

Nevertheless, I’m confident there’s a Rank 1 inside you. Jus believe the passion and drive in your heart is greater than all the mental. And your doing it right by maining her for a few mths, maybs only playing jus one other killer along side her or jus switching back to survivor to rest up a bit. That’s helpful when it gets monotonous. It’s all repetition anyway.

You are more than enough. And whatevs you decide, at least you kno you got to put good time and effort in with the best killer on DBD!

• Han
    Han Member Posts: 196

don't worry what you're experiencing is completely normal. playing swf is like playing solo with 20 perks. you basically get all the information perks for free.

• loveontherocks
    loveontherocks Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2020

Wooden horse. Swing away.