Thanks to Crossplay, got all my Adept Killer achievements!

Options

Hag and Nightmare were the only ones I've gotten before crossplay.

Thanks to bad console players, I had the thought to try to get all the hard adepts out of the way. After a week's work, I've gotten all the adept achievements!

Some thoughts on Killers:

• Hag is ridiculously good unless they rush totems. Not because of Ruin or Devour Hope, but because of Third Seal. I was like why aren't they unhooking this guy? Oh, they have no idea where he is. I got adept hag on my 2nd game with her.
  • I almost never actually use Freddie's teleport anymore. Releasing it at 95% creates a blood silhouette that's good enough to scare off survivors and he's definitely by far the easiest to get Merciless with. Hag was easy too but it relies on hexes. Freddie I feel like I don't even need to equip perks.
  • The most important skill in getting adept killer achieves is learn to be a good M1 killer. A lot of killer moves only slow you down. Bubba is good practice at that.
  • If you encounter a looper, the kind that will vault a window and fake one direction and go the other, immediately give up and find another survivor. Their job is to waste your time and at most you'll find 2 in a match. You have better luck accidentally- i mean, strategically down them in the middle of chasing someone else.
  • Oni and Plague are pretty garbage at getting Merciless. Oni is better off leaving orbs for tracking purposes, any half-competent group receives too much cue from his heavy foodsteps and chargeup. As for plague, the corruption just gives them a free heal. As soon as I stopped puking at them, I was regularly downing survivors. I think Plague's special ability needs to be redesigned. I get that they offer the free heal to avoid excessive snowballing from the spreading disease, but I don't know what's a good solution for her.
  • Pyramid Head - Unfortunately as godly his unblockable ranged attack is against pallets, it apparently doesn't count for Chaser emblems. I kept getting bronze and silver emblems while Red on the other 3. As soon as I turn M1 killer I was regularly getting gold or Red chaser emblems. Also, his cage ability has an underappreciated quirk in that it does not use up a hook! Speaking of....
  • DO NOT hook survivors at the nearest available hook!! Plan it out! Hooks are perma destroyed if they die on it. I made the mistake a couple times of deathooking by the exit so when EGC came, I had no hooks nearby when I down someone by the Exit Gate and it became impossible to hook before they wiggle out.
  • Piggy > Ghostface. Ambush is best used around sharp turns. GF's mark isn't terribly worth the time it takes unless they're grouped together.
  • Clown is actually not nearly as bad as I thought. The debuff is one thing but I think the psychological area denial from the pink clouds is underappreciated. You can mind game and control the path survivors tries to run instead of fully reacting to their decisions.

Some thoughts on Console Players:

• Console Claudettes have IQ of about 0. They seem to overcommit to staying in place thinking the camouflage is perfect. If you see no scratch marks after approaching a gen, look no further than your nearest tree/bush/rock. Half of them won't even try to stealth away even if you circle around the area, or literally stand next to them staring at them for 3 seconds.
  • You know how PC toxic survivors are Feng and Claudettes? For console I think its Nea and Dwights.
  • It seems 60-80% of console players are SWF of 2-3. They almost never help the other guy.
  • Console players always open the exit gate as soon as it is powered regardless of who is hooked.
  • Console Claudettes tend to run straight through the Exit gate without even bothering to save their teammates.
  • Console players don't seem to be able to pick up on cues of any kind, even if you drop them 50x and clearly walk past hooks trying to give them the hatch.
  • Console players seem like hiding in the basement for one reason or another, but this could be confirmation bias since I didn't play killer as much before crossplay. They also tend to commit to obvious DS baits like rush-entering lockers after an unhook.

Comments

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

And they say there's no difference between PC and console... *laughs maliciously*

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    Options

Crossplay being enabled has made killer easier, regardless of it being on ps4, or PC. You just see a mixed lobby of survivors on console and pc. You immediately know they are not SWF. And it's pretty much GG, unless they are just exceptional.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

Console BAD Peesee GOOD

RARR RARRRRRRR

• BeyondDisbelief
    BeyondDisbelief Member Posts: 69
    Options

Wow, touchy. Grow a bit of skin would you? It's a known fact that most games consoel controls are imprecise and more challenging than PC hence all the aim assist and what not they receive.

Aside from that, console players are a lot less altruistic comapred to PC is a fair observation.

You can see it both in Pre and Post-game lobby by the "Globe" crossplay icon.

I never claimed to be a killer main, and considering I got all the killer achieves in a single week which encompasses nearly the entirety of my career as a killer player, yeah, I'd say that's not bad.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    Options

The globe can also mean its windows or mac or whatever it was.

Also just because they controls are less precise (which doesnt impact DbD btw) doesnt mean the players arent as good as PC.

Also i got some of the Adept Trophys like the clown too because of crossplay, and since they had names, which would be impossible for switch or xbox, i assume they were PC players aswell. It was ultra easy. Does that mean they are worse? No!

• BeyondDisbelief
    edited August 2020
    Options

DBD does not exist on the Mac.

I'm not sure if the globe icon shows up up for Windows Store anymore, but in my 300 hours of DBD prior to crossplay i've never seen the globe icon until console crossplay is enabled. It's also fairly obvious who's a console player by their camera controls and how they move around. Lastely, console players can't/don't chat post-game.

Lastly, you seem to be insinuating I'm making baseless stereotype assessments without actually playing against them and checking pre/post game who's who, when I'm using empirical evidence.

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550
    Options

The hardest part about getting killer adepts is finding a group of survivors that don’t dc, don’t hook suicide and will save each other so you can get all your hook states.

• BeyondDisbelief
    Options

Some aura/information are only available to killers and some aura/information are only available to survivors. I've only stated possible bias for what parts I believe could be because it's based on information I wouldn't know from playing survivor.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,517
    Options

And there was I thinking we had stopped bashing players from different platforms on this forum 😕.

Closing this as I don't see it as anything but an attempt to incite insults towards part of our community and I'm not allowing that to continue here!

This discussion has been closed.