Difference between being toxic and strategy?

What's you're take on the difference between the two? Is facecamping strategy or being toxic? Same with gen rushing or tunneling

Comments

• I_Teabag_Gate
    I_Teabag_Gate Member Posts: 126

A spirit who tunnelled me today and chased me for 5 plus minutes said we played like dicks.

I asked how.

They said "I couldn't get you because you threw pallets down quick"

Some people are just beyond reason. Play how you want. Regardless you'll annoy some people.

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

It solely depends on the reason the person doing the debated act is doing it. If they are doing it to annoy someone and ruin their experience, then I would say it is toxic. If they are doing it because they believes that is what they need to do at the time to try and win, then I would say it is their strategy.

You can never really know, you can only guess. But why guess. Why not just assume they were trying to win, say gg in the end game chat or don't say anything at all and move on to the next game. That response will work to your benefit in both cases. Either that was their strategy, whether you found it fun or not, and they were just doing what they thought they needed to do to win so you won't inadvertently accuse someone of doing something for a reason they didn't. Or, if everyone just said gg or nothing, those doing it for toxic reasons won't get the rise out of people they want and will eventually stop because the act will not be gaining the response they are looking for.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Context.

4-man slug? Toxic. Last two, slug one to find the last? Scumbag.

Slugging the kne who just got unhooked because you accidentally Ambushed into them with Nurse's? Tactical and nice to them.

It is all about the context surrounding it.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

this 100%

clicking flashlight get to me ones I wa in midwich and this survivor was clicking they flashlight up stairs I was down stairs I could see the light and hear the clicking but at first couldn't tell where they were.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

My god, so many people misusing the word toxic. Bunch of Tru3ta1ent clones in here, lol

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Toxicity is if you have the choice to, strategy is if you do not have a choice. I would rather not slug, for instance, but I will if I have to. It can be used toxically, but it is still a strategic option.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

Today a Claudette tried a No0b3 and kept goin' Clicky-Clicky at me while I had survivors on the ground.

I caught her instantly when I finally did chase her. Her teammates farmed her on death hook.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I pay see that but that because today Claudette with flashlight baited me in this that rock we all know and love.🙄

• HiddenNugget
    HiddenNugget Member Posts: 32

I honestly think a lot of things are called toxic when they're not. Toxic would be anything done solely to agitate, such as teabagging, not escaping when all survivors are out the doors, hitting people on hooks etc.

Stuff like camping, tunneling, gen rushing is NOT TOXIC. They are all just methods people use to succeed in the game. Yes they can be frustrating to go against, but they are strategies imo.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited August 2020

This 100%.

Camping is not toxic, gen rushing is not toxic. Camping is a strategy and so is gen rushing. Gen speeds are a balance issue as well, sometimes what appears like gen rushing is just the dummy fast gen speeds.

Twerking, clicking, hitting survivors on hook, ect. are toxic because there's nothing to gain, and can even hurt your chances in some cases. The only purpose is to try and annoy the person on the other end.