Addiction perks (confession thread)

Options
Zani22
Zani22 Member Posts: 444

So uh we all heard of cructh perks but we all have our addiction perks

Perks that we cannot shake from our builds no matter the cost. perks that well the minute we try using builds without them we can't. we go back to that perk like it's out next hit.

Anyway I shall confesss mine but here are the rules you must confess 1 surv perk and 1 killer perk you are addicted to

But without further a do here I go

Killer: Mindbreaker: yes I am addicted to Mindbreaker I know its not the Best perk but god its in all my builds even on oni I know its weird one to be addicted too but there's something about it I like and I have no clue what it is.

Survivor: pharmacy... Not a bad perk a free green med kit is welcome in my book it might not be the best perk but its a nice little fun perk I have no clue why I'm addicted but hey don't perk shame me.

Anyway I confessed now you must

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Enduring.

Any kind of stun is my archnemesis.

Also, Make Your Choice is getting harder and harder to remove.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,802
    Options

For me it's borrowed time and for killer quite honestly I've never really had a perk like that I guess bbq and chili

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,543
    Options

Survivor: Kindred and Spine Chill... Both are good but it's fair to say I can't play without them both

Killer: Corrupt and Whispers... I rely on whispers to know when I'm around survivors and Corrupt for gen delay... i can lay without them but only certain killers

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

Spine chill and whispers

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

BBQ for the Killer, the grind is real.

And I don't have anything for the Survivor, but I mostly use Iron Will.

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293
    Options

For Killer it's BBQ for Survivor it's We're gonna live Forever.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

Repressed alliance and franklins

999 Member Posts: 36
    Options

Iron Will. I got so used to it early on and I prefer playing injured so now any time I play without Iron Will I feel so vulnerable

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,562
    Options

For the longest time I was addicted to Spine Chill, couldn’t play a match without it.

i forced myself away from it though, since stealth killers were kind of boring this way.

nowadays i try to always run We‘ll make it. But I guess it’s not really as addicting and I could do without.

• StereoHEAD43
    StereoHEAD43 Member Posts: 53
    Options

Detective's Hunch + Inner Strength. Really nice totem clearer perk and can clear NOED if I manage to guess the right one. People ######### on it a lot saying it's not meta etc etc

I simply cannot go back to Small Game's really small range. Detective's Hunch simply gives too much objective hacks I still wonder why it's not on the nerf radar

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459
    Options

BBQ and Corrupt Intervention for killer.

Inner Strenght and WGLF for survivor.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    edited August 2020
    Options

For me, it's been ace in the hole + plunderer's instinct. I love going chest hunting and the items I get come in handy for me and whoever I end up getting as a team.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

M&A. The amount of stealth it brings and confusion it sows is palpable. No-one ever expects it on a 32m killer, and it shows. Throw on Sloppy/Nurses and you've pretty much got my standard build.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

For killer: Save The Best For Last. I love this perk and any time I play a killer that M1s a lot I use it. Without it the post-hit cooldown just feels so sluggish and the distance survivors get is too much. It really punishes certain play styles too.

For survivor: Kindred. I get so much information from this perk it’s like I’m playing in a SWF without actually having one. I can see the killer, I know when they’re coming for me and can avoid them/run to a safe tile earlier. I can see all of my teammates so I can stay away from them, and can coordinate saves as efficiently as possible. I’m surprised more killer players don’t complain about this perk tbh.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,577
    Options

For killer: Is it addicted if I play BBQ with every killer in every round? I just need them juicy BP, otherwise I would happily swap it out for something else, e.g. Thrilling Tremors. Often times I do not really get any benefit from the BBQ auras anyway. Another pick would be Pop, which I also usually play with every killer in every round. And often miss it if i swapped it out for other builds.

For survivor: I wouldn't say addicted, but recently I got quite dependent on Spine Chill and Kindred. We usually play survivor as a two-man swf, so the info from kindred is really appreciated (knowing when to unhook and when not). And I prefer facing stealthy killers with Spine Chill, so ...

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

A long time ago, I use to be mad addicted to Shadowborn! I couldn't play any killer without Shadowborn. It eventually got to the point where I couldn't play any killer without T3 Shadowborn!

Now that I've sobbered up from that perk, I would say bamboozled is my new addiction

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

Survivor: Spine Chill and Kindred. I get paranoid as ######### when I don't have Spine Chill. Kindred is a must-have as solo q player.

Killer: depends. Pop on Freddy, M&A was my addiction on Myers, now it is PWYF & Nemesis, Devour Hope on Deathslinger... that is all I know.

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355
    Options

Survivor: iron will. I dont even do it so much for the stealth. I really just don't like the grunts.

Killer: I wouldn't say I'm addicted to a single perk, but my most common perk used is bbq. Its not that I can't go without, but if I don't know what to use, i throw it in usually. If not bbq, then enduring.

• LintyScorpion
    LintyScorpion Member Posts: 165
    Options

Survivor: Deja vu Bond

Killer: STBFL BBQ

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

right now on Clown it’s Blood Echo, Mindbreaker, Coulrophobia, and Bloodhound.

Add in Solvent Jug and the survivors are hardly ever getting use of of their exhaustion perks.

Plus I know when the survivors have exhaustion perks because the game gets stalled quite a bit. I’d have to guess that happens because they wait till their exhaustion timers expire before touching gens, and do everything they can to get healed before the next hook occurs.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911
    Options

Killer: BBQ, i prefer thrilling as a tracking perk, but im addicted to the bloodpoint gains.

Survivor: We're Gonna Live Forever, i am addicted to bloodpoints lol.

Theres my confessions :)

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376
    Options

lately on survivor it has been bond. I hate running the killer to other survivors. I haven't maxed out any of my killers so I don't have all perks on them, but it looks like I'm leaning toward shadowborn and whispers

• Chappy04
    Chappy04 Member Posts: 193
    Options

surv, its dead hard or spine chill

killer, its gotta be bbq or shadowborn in some cases

• BongRips4Wraith
    BongRips4Wraith Member Posts: 87
    Options

Dead Hard: I will never take this off, I don't care how bad it is sometimes, I love being able to play super greedy once. When I play killer, playing well and then watching a survivor fix their mistake by pressing a button feels frustrating sometimes, which is why I consider it an addiction.

Pop Goes the Weasel: Super easy to use, tons of pressure. Sure, sometimes you have to decide between using your perk and getting a down but sometimes you can do both. I feel when I equip this I can generally chill in matches as any killer. As long as I do my job I get free pressure. When I play survivor, watching my bad teammate go down and knowing my own pressure is going to be nullified by my dumb teammate feels too oppressive sometimes, which is why I consider it an addiction.

• BleachDBD
    BleachDBD Member Posts: 7
    Options

For survivor Iron will: that perk is so fun to use and it makes playing against a spirit without stridor actually possible and it opens up some chances to do funny mind games even while injured

For killer Shadow Born: I love high fov and it makes playing certain killers a lot more cleaner and enjoyable to play

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
    Options

Save the best for last and Prove Thyself for me.

And I can't play any survivor that isn't Steve.

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    Options

Kindred for survivors

BBQ for killers

Each and every one of my survivors/killers run these perks.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517
    Options

For killer buffed tinkerer it is just so fun to use on almost every killer

Survivor is Mettle of Man its just so fun to try to get to work and that feeling being chased by killer knowing you can take 3 hits is awesome

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,698
    Options

Killer it's 100% BBQ. It's not so much for the aura reading as the bloodpoints. I don't like working for half wages.

Survivor I run Small Game in most my builds. Partly because I like using Inner Strength. But mainly because I don't like dealing with NOED at the end game plus I like the bonus bloodpoints from cleansing.

• pwncxkes
    pwncxkes Member Posts: 235
    Options

I’m so used to Iron will that when I don’t use it I feel naked.

STBFL is my go to killer perk.

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348
    Options

I use the BBQ/Pop combo on everyone...

including Pyramid Head.