What's your non-meta Survivor build, explain why you use it

Options

For me, I use:

• For The People
  • Spine Chill
  • Resilience
  • Self Care

This whole build basically revolves around For The People. In an ideal situation, I'll rescue someone who has been on their first hook and instantly heal them with FTP, knowing I'm still only on my first hook. This essentially gives the unhooked person more time in a chase if they get found quickly again and stops them going down immediately. It also works very well when the Killer decides to slug someone who is on their second or last stage of the hook and they decide to chase someone else before picking them up. The other three perks are there to help me while I'm broken from FTP. Spine Chill gives me the warning I need to be careful when I'm working on a generator or navigating the map (and extra healing or repair speed if they're looking at me). Resilience helps a lot when I can't heal and have to do generators. Self Care is there for when I need to heal at the end of the broken timer, and Resilience gives SC a slight healing speed boost.

Do you have a non-meta build that you find fun, and works pretty well?

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

In my experience the game is lost at hooks and healing. I like to bring We’ll Make It (or Botany Knowledge with a medkit) to get everyone healed.

Borrowed Time / We’re Gonna Live Forever to give the unhooked a chance. Also, stacks.

Decisive Strike for that one out of twenty game where the killer catches me shortly after unhooking.

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427
    Options

Spine chill

Dead hard

Resilience

Adrenaline

I use spini chill because it can really save togheter with resiliencefor vaults and everthing and its good against sthealfy killers

Dead hard because i am with resilience and i normaly i am injured

and adrenaline becaause it can save YOU SO MUCH

and it really good to be healed in the end game

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293
    Options

Aftercare, Diversion, We're gonna live Forever and Spine Chill

I use Aftercare for the Information, Diversion because it's a very fun perk and many Killers fall for it. We're gonna live Forever for the BP and Spine Chill so i won't get Gen grabbed by Mikey or Ghostface.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698
    Options

I play a wide variety of off-meta builds, but my favorite is Vigil, Provethyself, Streetwise, and Leader.

Allies get 25% action speed, 25% efficiency, 15% generator repair speed, and recover from status effects 20% faster.

Sometimes I slap on Better Together to get allies near me, but this is the true teamwork build.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options

My favourite is:

• Aftercare
    • Second Wind
    • Alert
    • Lithe

I love this build because Alert lets me know who the Killer is early on, Lithe lets me get out of a chase somewhat quickly, Aftercare gives me information on my teammates and when they're getting chased, and Second Wind pairs amazingly with Aftercare and can also work better with Lithe's boost to get out of bad situations for just long enough to get the heal off.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

Kindred, Iron Will, Diversion, We're Gonna Live Forever

Yeah I know Iron Will, but it's necessary for Diversion against smart killers. Kindred for Solo play, and WGLF for BP

Diversion is just too fun. I might try out Stake Out or Baby Sitter + Distortion combo (unhook, you see the killer, he doesn't see you, then you know when and where to throw the pebble, and the guy on the hook can run away safely)

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options
    • Ace In The Hole
    • Plunderer's Instinct
    • Pharmacy
    • Spine Chill / Detective's Hunch

More often that not, I have a pretty high rate of Survival when running what I call the Treasure Hunting build. Always pulling out high end items, and if I happen to be running DH when I find a map and a Gen goes off. There goes every trap, every totem, every gen in an instant with my Pink map w/ add-ons.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Autodidact, Empathy, Solidarity, Balanced Landing

It's meme but fun.

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    edited August 2020
    Options

spine chill the david perk that gives 100% extra bloodpoints resilience and hope i use this for the 15% extra vault speed and i use hope cause it is literally the most underated perk in the game and the david perk because if bbq and chili only had the bloodpoint bonus i would still use it. I like this build because you can make endgame chases last forever

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

I like your build, but why not switch out SC for DH and just bring a medkit? Seems it would protect you better when broken.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Iron Will and Resilence! I run these 2 perks because I spend about 90% of the match injured

We'll Make it since teammates love wasting time healing so why not cut that time in half

Kindred! I'm a solo survivor, as frustrating as solo queue is I push myself to play solo to get better because playing in a swf doesn't improve my gameplay which is also why I don't use exhaustion perks

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
    Options

Let's see...

-No Mither

-Self-care

-Mettle of man

-Second Wind

Then I bring a medkit with syringe. You could argue that it's too op to be non meta but whatever

• KrazyKatFTW
    KrazyKatFTW Member Posts: 203
    Options

Alert

Bond

Head On

Bottany

I am deaf in 1 ear (therefore cant use headphones for directional sound) Alert and Bond help me so much with that disadvantage, Head On mainly for fun although tactically its very useful for disrupting killer chasing/patrolling and the occasional save.

As for Botany i love this perk, i usually come in with a med kit for max value however it is still very worthwhile just on its own

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

Spine Chill,Self Care Urban,Evasion 4th could be anything this my stealthy build and Self Care is there because in solo Q survivors rather do gen then to heal.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Fixated, Sprint Burst, Kindred, Inner Strength.

Fixated/Sprint Burst pair well together, especially for stealth. Inner Strength keeps Fixated active. Kindred tells me what I need to know when I most need to know it.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

I have many but one of them is:

Pharmacy

Ace in the Hole

Plunderer's Instinct

Windows of Opportunity

Why do I use it?

M E D K I T S

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    edited August 2020
    Options

spine chill, resilience, Pebble, sprint burst I like to be chased also pebble is the ultimate BM tool in DBD. Once the next patch comes out its gonna be self care, desperate measures, botany knowledge, resilience I did some math and I belivie this combo will heal me faster then a brown medkit if 3 or maybe 4 survivors are all injured (base heal speed is 16 seconds, self care is 32)

• TheVVitch
    TheVVitch Member Posts: 224
    Options

When playing with friends, I love stacking at least 3 Open-Handeds with Bond.

Full perks are:

Bond, Open-Handed, Detective's Hunch, and either BT, DS, or Dead Hard

This build when combined with a Rainbow Map and Crystal Bead add-on allows your teammates to see the objects revealed by Detective's Hunch.

Fun information build

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

For the People, We'll Make It, Borrowed Time, Inner Strength

This is my default build that I use on my main. I'm altruistic so I will make sure that no matter what, the other person can make it out of a situation at full health.

And then the Inner Strength is simply there so when my For the People runs out, I can just hop in a locker and continue what I was doing.

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195
    Options

The only build that I really use.

Spine Chill: So I can tell if the killer is looking in my area and determine whether they are a stealth killer or possibly running monitor and abuse.

Empathy: So that I can tell where injured teammates are and if it is safe to heal them. It also lets me know where the killer just was and if I need to leave the area. It also lets me know when to unhook if someone is in a chase.

Urban Evasion: Part of my stealth build to stay away from the killer as long as possible. Paired with Spine Chill it allows me to find a hiding spot before the killer gets there.

Sprint Burst: If Urban Evasion fails, I use this park to get away and then run the killer through the traditional loops. If I know the killer has seen me, I use Sprint Burst instead of UE to get out as soon as possible.

I use this build to know where players and the killers are at key moments and utilize the other perks to save pallets and waste the killers time.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

As someone who typically doesn't run exhaustion perks, I would totally run this build except with Bond instead of Vigil. If you're going to have all of these buffs for teammates, you may as well be able to find them!

• shelobster
    shelobster Member Posts: 272
    Options

Prove Thyself

Kindred

We'll Make It

Empathy

I like to play objective focused and be altruistic whether it means unhooking survivors or finding injured teammates and healing them.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited August 2020
    Options

I run a bunch of off-meta builds, depending on what perks I happen to have unlocked. Here are a couple of fun ones:

1) Empathy, Autodidact, Spine Chill, Solidarity. This build is entirely based around making Autodidact work. Empathy to find injured survivors, Autodidact to heal them, Spine Chill for increased skill check chance when the killer is approaching and just for general utility, and Solidarity so that those Autodidact skill checks will also heal yourself. This build can shred anti-healing builds, assuming you don't get terrible skill-check luck.

2) Saboteur, Break Out, Empathy, Sprint Burst. This build is based around helping teammates escape the killer's grasp. Empathy will help you keep track of injured teammates in a chase so you can better position yourself for a save. Once the killer picks up the teammate, you'll see all nearby hooks light up with Saboteur and you can use your Sprint Burst to beat the killer to the nearest hook, ideally without being seen by the killer. You then wait until the killer gets close and break the hook at the last second so they don't have a chance to change their path in time to reach a different hook. You then use Break Out to get in between the killer and the next closest hook and body block until your teammate wiggles free, only taking a hit if absolutely necessary. You don't need to do this every time someone gets downed, especially because killers will often just drop the survivor they're carrying and go for you instead, but if the teammate that's getting carried has been hooked more than you, this can be a really helpful play to waste the killer's time and force them to spread out their hooks.

3) Dark Sense, Poised, Distortion, Adrenaline. This is a niche build that centers around letting you escape the killer once a generator is completed. Whenever a generator pops, you'll see the killer's aura for 5 seconds with Dark Sense and you'll leave no scratch marks for 10 seconds with Poised. This is helpful when you're trying to stick a gen as the killer's approaching, as it can let you get out of there unscathed, and it can also be great in the chase. Provided you can break line of sight within a few seconds of the gen popping, these two perks make it easy to bamboozle the killer and escape. There will be times where you can't break line of sight and this gives you no benefit, but when the timing works out it's a godsend. The best part of this build is once the final generator pops, though. You get 10 seconds of aura read on the killer from Dark Sense, 10 seconds of no scratch marks from Poised, and 150% movement speed for 5 seconds and an additional health state from Adrenaline. You turn into an absolute laser beam that knows exactly where the killer is and that can't be tracked via scratch marks. Distortion ties the build together by removing the threat of Bitter Murmur, which could otherwise kill this build. If you see that the killer has Bitter Murmur, you just have to be careful to save one stack of Distortion for the endgame so that you're covered. This might mean more hiding in lockers if you see that the killer is also running BBQ, but that's usually a decent idea anyway.

• Lexpeartha
    Lexpeartha Member Posts: 6
    Options

I use these 4 perks when I'm not really trying to win:

-Detective's hutch (because I am really bad at finding totem, also goes well with Inner Strength)

-Inner Strength (easy heals when you know where totems are)

-Boil Over (idk I just really enjoy it since I am 60% of the time really close to wiggling off when killer hooks me)

-Spine Chill (good against stealth killers + faster vaulting is always good)

This build works pretty well If you get decent setup for looping, and when killer 'regularly' (doesn't tunnel nor slug too much)

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

Main build: Open Handed/Bond/Kindred/Spine Chill

Secondary build: Autodidact/Empathy/Inner Strength/Spine Chill

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    edited August 2020
    Options

Sprint burst, DS, Adrenaline and Hope. The point for that build is that I can sprint burst away for extra time and run from gens so that way being outpositioned isn't as bad. Ds because well if I don't run it then im getting tunneled. Adrenaline for heals which can help save the end game and it leads into hope so I can keep a killer busy at the end with the extra haste and I can also loop a noed killer easier.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Put on my stealth Bill'd the other day, iron will, calm spirit, quick and quiet and lithe.

Good killers use crows to track in absence of scratch marks. Iron will is like the backbone of the Bill'd. Quick and quiet helps so much. Turn a corner hop in a locker and usually the killet goes past it allowing you to hop out and keep running. Or just vault if killer doesnt already see you.

I will admit to sometimes replacing lithe with technician which fits the theme better.