Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I am gonna prove that spirit is op

2»

Comments

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Sorry OP but this little "experiment" of yours proves absolutely nothing. In the realm of meta analysis that would tell you if an outcome was more expected or not your whole experiment would amount to one data point. Without any adequate control to base your findings around.

Your experience would be conjecture applicable to yourself alone. For example. When I first started I leveled LF first to unlock BBQ and chilli. Leveling him to 50 in roughly 2 weeks given how much I play and I went to purple ranks in that time. So therefore going from 20 to level 6 in two weeks of play means what, over powered, under powered, fair play, scummy play? It is completely subjective.

I did a lot poorer with hillbilly as I find his mechanic clunky, so by that analysis hillbilly is weaker than pre-change LF. Completely subjective.

You want to track win/loss ratio across all your killers for a period of several months tracking opponent rank, score, escapes, kills, time of day, survivor items and perks, and any other relevant factors that may influence outcome and you will get some insight into how well you preform with each killer. For experimental balance you would need to run the same perks and no addons for each killer making the only real variance their differing powers. It would be more robust if all survivors ran the same perks but that is out of your control.

Again this would only give you your performance with each killer. If we combined a set of data from a large base of players with the same controls we could then pick patterns and look at trends which might identify predictable outcomes based on killers and then we could say this may be overpowered. I'm sure Behaviour already collect this win/loss data, they are running the servers.

I'm a scientist, I do this ######### for a living on massive data sets across many months, it pisses me off no end when people confuse opinion for data.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

Right? It literally the holds the same weight as..."im gonna prove clown or legion is OP" then proceed to 4k a few times or reach red ranks. Like this is a very weak way to prove an arguement.

There are ways to prove or argue something about spirit. But this isnt it.

• BeyondDisbelief
    BeyondDisbelief Member Posts: 69
    edited August 2020

The test you've designed isn't particularly useful, and not the least because newb stomp killers like Doctor (panicked newbs at his illusions), Legion (newbs running away after hit with frenzy when its impossible to be downed), Hag (newbs freaking out at every sight of the mud puppet even when hag is over 40m away), and Spirit (newbs thinking phase is as good as teleport) makes any measure below rank 10 irrelevant.

Rank up to 10 then do this 1 week test then okay, maaaaybe you can provide some useful data, but based on your rules you'd have only 28 trials with lots of matches thrown out, that's not exactly statistically significant to produce any reliable data. Statistical significance requires 100 trials but 50 may do for an informal test. 28 with thrown out trials is just way too few.

Also, ranking up is a lot harder as killer. Assuming you win every match, 28 only nets you 28 pips unless you get Merciless. Let's say 1/4 of your matches you manage Merciless (i'm being generous here), that's still 35 pips. It takes 14 pips from rank 20 to rank 16, 16 pips from rank 16 to rank 12, and the remainder 5 pips gets you to rank 11.

If you do this test starting at rank 10 as I recommended, 35 pips could get you to rank 3, but let's face it, you're not winning every match at those ranks, much less getting merciless.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

So what do you want to prove? That even someone who has not played killer a lot can win most of his games with Spirit? Not gonna happen. Give me 3 decent survivors i can play with, open a KYF lobby and i prove you that you can also loose with Spirit.

Said that, I think that it is possible to win every game with Spirit and i am positiv she is overpowered in the right hands, but you need experience with her to perform really well.

And before i forget. Last but not least, playing a few games does not mean anything. Reach rank 1, play 1000 games with Spirit. If you win 900 come back and tell us more about it.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

The best way to have done this experiment is u get some 1 else to play until rank1 killer than play spirit. Then check how well you do.

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427

OK add me my name is breque and my photo is the obama

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Literally proves nothing dude