The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you prefer to watch survivor or killer streams?

Bartlaus
Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

I am just nosy. I myself love playing survivors, just like playing killers. That said, it's way more interesting to me to watch killer streams than to watch a guy sitting on gens or totems 90% of the match XD

Do you prefer to watch survivor or killer streams? 47 votes

Survivor
6%
GHERBEARRULESTaigalilsweetroll 3 votes
Killer
55%
ZerLukasVeermat001micsanStrancolLeonardo1itaBartlausSzarmanGlamourousLeviathanScary_Punk_GhostOBXAwkward_FiendOwlzeySkullKidUndershotVeckmandugmanTotemsCleansermostlyghostlyPior_MorteDerZuntor 26 votes
Survivor and Killer
38%
CheersShrimpTwiggsDimekTheRockstarKnightxEaSillierHorizon5LentoroYehBoiGokuElcopolloChurchofPignotstarboardZoophageFobbooDonutsRGoodmusefanRockyBrunoScaryCatOxiTape 18 votes

Comments

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487
    Killer

I find killer more interesting. Seeing what they do, how they use their power, what perks and add ons they use and how it all works together is really good. I just feel like I can learn more about how to play, and specifically how to play killers I don't do well at, from watching how others use them. Watching survivor tends to be watching someone follow the killer around with a torch and smol pp then running in circles for a long period of time, and either laughing as all their safety nets go off or blaming the game when the killer outplays them/counterplays their safety nets.

That said, I don't watch a lot of streams.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Killer

There's a lot more to learn seeing a good killer play than watching xXsUrViV0rMa1nXx spin rank 20 Billies and hold M1.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487
    Killer

Yeah that's always the highlight of the stream, when they brag about what an insanely good match they had and it's cos they're in swf with a bunch of rank 20s to get a killer who barely knows which button swings the weapon.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    edited August 2020
    Killer

Most survivor streamers are just SWF groups doing the clicky-clicky, tea-bagging and being toxic whenever possible. Give me a Killer streamer any time of the day.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Killer

This is probably because half the survivors I see nowadays have a .ttv in their name, and at least 1 in 3 games one of those ttvs will screech at me about how I slugged them as Infectious Myers or something

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Killer

Killer streams are way more interesting. Survivor videos need some editing to skip the sitting on gens moments for example bc it can get kinda boring to watch lol

• Zoophage
    Zoophage Member Posts: 122
    Survivor and Killer

I watch both but Killer streams offer a lot more variety. Survivors are just skins, they all play the same. Killers, for the most part, all require a slightly different approach and that, for me, makes them more interesting to watch. I think my favorite streamer so far is Fungoose. He definitely takes an educational approach to the game, which is a godsend for those of us who are less experienced. Also, he doesn't talk slowly (a pet peeve of mine); win-win!

Like @CalamityJane said, you'll find a bunch of useless Survivor streams where they just follow the killer around all game. Interesting the first time you see it, not so much after that.

• ScaryCat
    ScaryCat Member Posts: 49
    Survivor and Killer

Both are entertaining and can be helpful if you're new.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Killer

Killer is more entertaining. Survivor games spend a lot of time just sitting at a gen or healing or hiding. Killers are always actively doing something more interesting to watch.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Survivor and Killer

For me it's more about the streamer playing and how they play; not which side they're playing.