Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Devs need to start punishing intentional depip survivors harshly

powerbats
powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I can't tell you how many games i've not been able to do anything due to survivors that intentionally run into the killer and or sacrifice themselves the moment they're about to get unhooked.

This isn't a 2nd hook or the killers camping thing either, it's willingly suiciding to screw your team mates over and or depip. This includes disconnecting to ensure you can't be unhooked when the person close enough you can't suicide.

What's even more annoying is these are people that have been repeatedly reported for doing it yet still seem to be playing with impunity.

They either got a warning and didn't care, a short term ban and still didn't care or just slipped through the cracks. But either way this is extremely frustrating since it screws both fellow survivors over but also the killer.

Comments

• Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136

Just wait until the new season rolls over and we'll see just what happens to those who excessively dc through out the month. They did say it take's a new season to punish those for the previous season.

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416
    edited October 2018

@powerbats said:
    I can't tell you how many games i've not been able to do anything due to survivors that intentionally run into the killer and or sacrifice themselves the moment they're about to get unhooked.

This isn't a 2nd hook or the killers camping thing either, it's willingly suiciding to screw your team mates over and or depip. This includes disconnecting to ensure you can't be unhooked when the person close enough you can't suicide.

What's even more annoying is these are people that have been repeatedly reported for doing it yet still seem to be playing with impunity.

They either got a warning and didn't care, a short term ban and still didn't care or just slipped through the cracks. But either way this is extremely frustrating since it screws both fellow survivors over but also the killer.

only time I intentionally suicide while on the hook is. A: to give the other survivor a chance at the hatch. and B: if the person coming to save me was the one who sandbagged me to get me on the hook. I wont let them farm me for points. so if your seeing people suicide with you coming at them on the hook odds are, you did something to them that they do not feel you should receive a reward in bloodpoints for the action. also at the same time. i wont bother to go save some one if i see them hooked and they instantly try to kobe down to struggle state. i will leave them hanging.

• Raven24
    Raven24 Member Posts: 43

I agree. Punish survivors AND killers who intentionally depip. They ruin the game for everyone else.
    I would't hold my breath for implementing them tough...

• powerbats

>

only time I intentionally suicide while on the hook is. A: to give the other survivor a chance at the hatch. and B: if the person coming to save me was the one who sandbagged me to get me on the hook. I wont let them farm me for points. so if your seeing people suicide with you coming at them on the hook odds are, you did something to them that they do not feel you should receive a reward in bloodpoints for the action. also at the same time. i wont bother to go save some one if i see them hooked and they instantly try to kobe down to struggle state. i will leave them hanging.

In this case I've saved the person before even taken hits for them but whenever they're 1st on the hook it doesn't matter who comes to save them they quit/suicide.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

In the long run, Play with your friends/Kill your friends will be the way to go. There's no way devs can effectively police all offenses, considering that it cannot be based on the report system as it's often abused by butthurt players. Relying on video evidence would require way too much time. I'd say if one day they start actually punishing DC-s at least, that will be enough. Sadly, we're not even there yet.

Just add everyone with whom you had a good game, and when you have enough friends you can have a much better gg/bg rate. That is, after you collected all those coveted achievements :)

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited October 2018

DC'ing in any context should be punished, but letting the killer kill you shouldn't only because you're not exactly breaking the rules of the game. It sucks to be another survivor in that game sure, but they didn't do anything wrong really. However I do think that if someone gets hooked, struggles, then let's themselves die within say 25 seconds of being hooked then the other survivors shouldn't suffer a penalty to Benevolence.

Also I'd like to note that there is an item farming strategy where you equip Plunderer's, AITH, UTA, and Pharmacy with a White Ward, raid all the chests until you find something you like, then jump in and out of a locker in the basement or something until the killer grabs you, then you die on the hook and keep the item. Again, sucks to be the other survivors in that game but if the person was at least somewhat considerate they would have opened all the chests before they did it so that maybe some other people can escape with a nice item.

• Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136

DCing is very popular because there are no consequences for doing it. Problems like this won't disappear on their own there needs to be harsh penalties for doing it and I don't mean allowing 50 dc's per month either that's laughable.

• powerbats

@thesuicidefox said:
    DC'ing in any context should be punished, but letting the killer kill you shouldn't only because you're not exactly breaking the rules of the game. It sucks to be another survivor in that game sure, but they didn't do anything wrong really. However I do think that if someone gets hooked, struggles, then let's themselves die within say 25 seconds of being hooked then the other survivors shouldn't suffer a penalty to Benevolence.

Also I'd like to note that there is an item farming strategy where you equip Plunderer's, AITH, UTA, and Pharmacy with a White Ward, raid all the chests until you find something you like, then jump in and out of a locker in the basement or something until the killer grabs you, then you die on the hook and keep the item. Again, sucks to be the other survivors in that game but if the person was at least somewhat considerate they would have opened all the chests before they did it so that maybe some other people can escape with a nice item.

Well letting the killer kill you is technically griefing/working with the killer to screw your teammates over. However in this case the killer is an unwitting accomplice in the jerks strategy since as far as they know the person went the wrong way etc.

The killer might be suspicious of what's going on if the person straight up runs into them and hugs them so to speak but I don't blame the killer for taking the free hook.

I do like the Benevolence penalty idea since that'd cut down on the deppipers griefing intentionally and at least the killer still gets their sacrifice points.

But I wonder if they should get more if the person dc's/gives up within x time if the killer isn't camping. For instance the killer hooks them and runs off to far side of the map like say a Billy.

Well you go for the unhook 10 seconds later and the person gives up/dc's, the killer has a good chance of at least hitting that person again perhaps even a down/hook.

Shouldn't they get a little extra for that I mean it might not be much or even worth it but make the quitter bonus if they dc higher when on the hook.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@powerbats said:
    Well letting the killer kill you is technically griefing/working with the killer to screw your teammates over. However in this case the killer is an unwitting accomplice in the jerks strategy since as far as they know the person went the wrong way etc.

Except it's not because they aren't doing it explicitly to grief the team. They are doing it to depip, or in the case I provided item farm. And even if they do it to grief, how can you prove that? You can't. Maybe the dude suddenly had something more important to do and instead of DC'ing he just let the killer kill them. I almost did that last week, my mother was in a parade and fell and broke her wrist. She called me to take her to the hospital while I was in the middle of a game. I ran up to the killer, gave them a good chase, then took a hook. I was about to just kill myself on the first hook, but a Nea was right there so I let her save me to get points and I was gonna do it again to die, but then the gates were powered and there was one literally right next to where I was hooked, so I just ran out.

Like if a survivor wants to grief other survivors there are much more effective ways of doing it than just killing yourself on the hook. Equip OOO, Bond, and Diversion and lead the killer to all the other survivors. Run around and drop every pallet. Intentionally unhook spam, fail skill checks, heal tap, bodyblock, etc. Giving up on the hook is not griefing, not even close.