Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So we are ok with generalising survivors now?

azame
azame Member Posts: 2,870
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

I have noticed that when it comes to survivors complain about killers like spirit it's always someone saying something like "they want easy games" "they dont wanna change their playstyle." Is this ok now? I try not to generalize killers but why has this not been called out?

Edit: people are saying I'm generalising killers when I never specified what side is saying what I said "someone." Survivors have told me those same words it doesnt matter what side someone is usually generalising survs.

Post edited by azame on

Comments

• DeeJHansen
    DeeJHansen Member Posts: 81
    edited September 2020

Not to but in, but killers get hits stolen for the same reason that you think you shouldn't have been hit. I can't count the amount of time that I've been pallet stunned after a full swing through the pallet at a survivor or missed hits at windows at what looked to be within range. It is an issue for everyone.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Quick question, completely off-topic, but would you happen to play on Xbox?

• azame

Sure it's an issue but it's not ad prevalent on killer as survivor that was today but I could recorded atleast 10 plus unfair hits lol.

• BabyDweetMain
    BabyDweetMain Member Posts: 434

Thats just not true. To say most survivors suck at the game. You just seem like you have a salt fueled bias.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Oh no, I'm the killer that gets the top 10% way more than I should, so I am anti killer nerf in every way possible.

• BabyDweetMain

Do you even know what entitled means pleb? Lol maybe look it up before trying and failing at coming at me.

• azame
    edited September 2020

Oh so now we are assuming things for the sake of argument. Alright well I dont want to "bully" killers that's messed up and quite frankly childish. More assumptions yikes. The game should be fun for both side I dont want the game balanced on my *subjective* views but I also dont want weak killers.

I didnt know playing with friends is abusing swf. How about we remove it from the game and watch it die maybe you will like long wait times because no one wants to play solo hell would you?

The strength of swf depends on the skill of survivors and whether they play optimally. My friends and I find sweating boring and try to chill and meme, but keep on assuming if you think that makes your argument worth more.

As long as gens are boring and the chase is the only fun part yeah I will complain I want to have fun too but you look at survivors not as humans but devilish people who are out to get you. Stop that or leave my post.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • MotherOfRaccoons
    MotherOfRaccoons Member Posts: 38

We should be ok with generalizing groups. That's our natural inclination. I wouldn't enjoy the game half as much if I didn't hate survivors with a passion. And survivors get a lot more out of beating a killer if they hate killers in general.

Individual judgment of people is a lot of work. Not worth the effort, if you ask me.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited September 2020

Hey they've been doing this for years. Of you're screwing around with your friends you obviously are tHe WoRsT eXaMpLe of survivors and you should be ashamed of even playing, because you're clearly only playing the game to be a big meanie to the killer players. They have feelings and can't stand you pressing the ctrl key more than once :( but a killer literally keeping you on the ground for 4 full minutes or camping you til death, making sure you don't get to play the game? Yeah that's a legitimate strategy, and shouldn't be talked about in the same way. Definitely not BM, oh no. It's just a strategy :)

Or how about the several killers that are just miserable to play against, that offer 0 interaction or reason to even continue playing? Um just do bones, change your strategy because you clearly only want to run in a circle against every killer you see, which is definitely what a chase is all about

• DeeJHansen
    DeeJHansen Member Posts: 81

How can you decide where it is and isn't prevalent? That shows a huge bias right there.

The hit issue is lag based or assumption based or even both. Lag is on both sides and for me is really terrible because I usually have the slowest connection to the server, meaning I am seeing the game a few milliseconds into the past. Just enough to lose out. The only way that can be killer sided is if the killer has a better connection to the server. And if you were hit based on an assumption that you wouldn't be, that is your fault. As I am sure you know, people complain about Freddy because his lunge and weapon hitbox are the same as every killer, even though he is tiny and uses a glove for a weapon. They assume they won't be hit, but he does his weird lunge with tiny weapon and hits anyways.

• BabyDweetMain

I can agree to that. Honestly it's not too hard for me to rank up for killer or survivor. I've been playing for years though. I think pipping should be harder but the amount of bloodpoints you earn should be boosted for both sides.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Rarely is a survivor actually doing anything of the sort and they get camped to death anyway. Not a good excuse. They can play like that, sure nobody's stopping them, but they don't play like this because of the survivor's, they do it regardless of what survivors do.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Depends man, I've had swfs "memeing around" and its absolutely miserable for the killer. That's just the nature of this game, if one side is having fun, the other probably isnt.

As for the swf depending on the strength of survivor, I disagree, it still gives you a massive advantage, even if you sucl.

• BabyDweetMain

WOW YOU ARE CRINGE OMFG

Tries to demean me by calling me kid even though nothing I said hinted or has anything to do with my age. That's immature of you. You also emoted in your reply which...I don't need to explain why that's cringe. You sound like you wear a fedora and smell like hotdog water. I'm honestly surprised you didn't say "Nothing personal kid" lmfao get out of here boy.

• azame
    edited September 2020

So are you gonna keep assuming for the sake of your strawman argument or? And you keep insulting me rather than making a counter argument 2 logical fallacies. Once again I dont want to "bully" killers I want my input to matter. When a chase is once sided how is that fair or fun?

You clearly are ignoring my reasonings as you keep claiming x despite the fact I'm telling you y. Maybe I'm a little "cocky" but thats just because I want to be chased the fun part of the game. I dont play toxic and only tbag or click for attention.

Do you want swf removed yes or no? You clearly hate swf despite the fact it keeps this game alive because of how ######### solo is.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

SWF isn't keeping this game alive, Solo isn't ######### its how the game was intended. Survivors think that just because they die solo is #########. I personally hate SWF, at the highest levels its the worst to go against. However they can easily add an opt-out but they wont do it. There are plenty of good survivors who play solo and do so every day.

Also are you telling me that in your chases if one of your swf goes down the rest of you don't immediately come over and swarm the killer to either blind them, or body block?

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    edited September 2020

Have you actually met azame. Youre not 100 percent wrong, but the first time I 1v1 him I even told him I disliked his insults and he said that it was to increase his confidence. Some people act cocky because it makes them have faith in themselves and when azame messes up he eventually realizes it and will show remorse. Its not ok to call him a dick, he can be ine but he isn't. And he actually admits when things are survivor sided and I've played with him and his swf they are not as good as him they can hold him back against a good killer 3 more azames and killers will have a problem. And this is how I know him, but im also not saying everything you said is wrong but I dont know if you actually know him enough to make these claims

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Komodo16

Ranking up by stealth or swf is an eye opener because stealth helped me at purple ranks when I started and I stopped and learned I wasnt good as I thought. Then I learned looping properly

• Komodo16

Dude you don't even play toxic nor your teammates and hell whenever im with you I keep the toxicity in check unless the killer was toxic. Goes to show how prevalent assumptions are in this community. You don't even teabag or flash click without a reason or to your friends and you guys dont swarm hooks unless we all dont care bout dying like that match at dead dawg against the bad spirit I think

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

100% agreed. Thats one of two infinites they havent looked at yet. The other is on haddonfield.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

The thing you have to understand though is survivors are all the same pallet, they all play the same except with a variation of perks.....thats it!

Killers on the other hand all understand that every single one of them plays differently, has different rule sets, strong points, and obvious weaknesses. I think from a psychological perspective, BHVR has unknowingly created a base of players on survivor side who literally can not adjust and play differently depending on the situation. Game in game out, they're used to doing the same things, If you're playing killer as soon as you move your character select to another killer, you're playing an entirely different game because they're all so significantly different.

I'm not sure how BHVR can solve it other than what they've already been doing is outright giving tutorials and full on tells as to who the killer is and what to do. But at the same time, the more information they give, the more horror it takes away from the game, and the more it degrades the state of the game over time and while this is great for solo survivors it inadvertently also buffs SWF groups which the balance team doesn't even touch with a 10 foot pole because they would have to gut so many systems to balance around SWF completely ruining the solo survivor experience to the point where the game is completely unfair.

So if they shift toward SWF and buffing killers the game dies because its brokenly unfair for survivors.

If they shift balance toward solo, the game dies because its brokenly unfair and too much on the side of survivors.

Thats all it boils down to.

And if people can't change their playstyle BHVR needs to adjust things so you have no choice, or risk the game becoming a stagnant loop where everything is the same. And for an A-Symmetrical game thats a terrible hill to die on.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Actually it is. If you have the option to opt out of swf games, queue times would be even worse. Idk if youve done this experimentally, but if youve turned off crossplay, your queue times are at least 30 minutes. Now imagine opting out of swf. With how many people play with their friends, you will be waiting at least an hour for a match. Also, solo is #########. I swf more than I solo now, because for some reason, 9/10 the randoms are potatoes who somehow got to red ranks vs a rank one killer with 3000 hours. If they didn't nerf ruin, this wouldn't even be a problem. Anyways, most people swf to not have to carry three idiots through the game. Thats why I swf. Also I swarm the killer in solo too, I'm the ######### who knows how to use a flashlight, and half the time I will FOLLOW you to flashlight save. Even in solo. Thats just how I am. Adding an opt out would be possibly the worst thing they could do. Queue times for both sides would be #########, and everyone would do it, meaning no casual duo can find games. Thats not fair. What would fix swf, at least in high ranks, is to bring back old ruin. It kept good survivors at high ranks, bad ones at low ones, so that people don't be so inclined to play swf to get away from survivors that don't deserve their rank.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475

Okay ankles ?

How many killers have been nerves in the last 2 years ?

Who weeps for the spirit and Bubba ?

Lol, come on !😙

• FresherPenguin
    FresherPenguin Member Posts: 3

This is way off topic, but could someone direct me to a survivor guide book or killer guide book?

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

People generalize everything. Hell, the first comment to your OP was literally generalizing most people to be Killer mains who whine.

• Raz_
    Raz_ Member Posts: 296

survivors tools dont need nerfs as long killers like Spirit, Freddy, Pyriamid head, iri huntress etc exist.

weak killers need buffs and BS designed killers need to balanced first.

the game is full with dead zones.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

You've used that word incorrectly yourself. Glass houses and all. Debate is not your strong point, you should stop.

To the OP a post complaining about killers generalizing all survivors is just a post doing the same to killers. We all need to stop with the constant them and us rhetoric it serves no purpose other than to divide the community and add to forum salt and toxicity.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Spoken like a no good neutral. Pick a side weirdo. /s

• GeminiCrow
    GeminiCrow Member Posts: 55

Your sentences kind of contradict each other, and you need to elaborate more. What are you even talking about?

• azame
    edited September 2020

When it comes to killers I can acknowledge things that are straight up wrong but this is how I feel. Some killers just dont like survivors and insult them. You can say this forum isnt killer biased but it is. Which is fine having alot of killer mains wouldnt be a problem when alot of them just hate on survivors. I dont open these and abandon them I just went to sleep because it was late at night. No all dbd social media is populated by mostly people who favor killer.

• azame

No no no komodo you forgot I hate on killer mains and definitely dont want to see the side get their necessary buffs

/s

• azame

Yes but the playstyle change from trapper to spirit in terms of chase isnt different. Every killer uses sound to locate survivors its one of the best tools if it works. As spirit you learn to use your ears often. If you have a good headset and stridor it's easy hits

Nothing wrong with playing a killer you enjoy play whoever's you want but when your defense is looping and its rendered pretty useless it becomes quite predictable and boring.