How many of you genuinely really enjoy this game?

Options

I’ve been playing this game for a little bit. Got about 500 hours between killer and survivor 50/50 and I really love this game and all of its quirks. I play it daily and enjoy it so much. Before immersing myself in the culture in forums and streams I would have never guessed the community would be so intense about “toxicity” and “entitlement.” I have a suspicion that the people who just like the game are a silent majority. I think many peoples personalities have caused the culture to be really heated. I just take everything as part of the fun and just enjoy it.

Flashlight clicky clicky? It’s a dece distraction I guess and I’m just glad they don’t have medkits.

Exit gate tbag? Lmao go head and do your thing

Noed rekt during endgame collapse? Lol I guess my team is ass and didn’t do bones

Tunneled to death? Decent move can’t blame them. Guess I shouldn’t have got caught first.

DSed? Nbd it’s only once if it gets them the escape I wasn’t in a good position anyways

Gens just pop off? Well I should have prioritized better

I think a lot of y’all just don’t know how to handle a loss. Sure some of this stuff feels slimey but it’s a competitive game and slime is part of people’s competitive nature. May as well just have a laugh and que up again.

The fog smells like butthole for all of us so ya might as well take a whiff.

Comments

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

Only play it because there isn't others like it. If there was something better out there, more horror specific, I'd be playing that. It's either this or Ark/OverWatch

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,971
    Options

Most players enjoy the game. The small portion that can't handle losing and/or being bad at the game are the ones that flock to forums to complain is all.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    Options

i find it very hard to enjoy survivor anymore but i have fun on killer most of the time unless its like ormond or smth i think survivor just got to boring actual good killers seem rare now

• xXTrajikXx
    xXTrajikXx Member Posts: 20
    Options

I love this game. Complaints and all, I just cant stay away. Im addicted

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I love the game. I don't make it a habit of spending time on things I don't.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

I enjoy it. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t play. Can it annoy me at times? Hell yeah. But I find that with most multiplayer games. So during those instances I’ll just stop playing or switch to a single player game.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

I do, but I have to say I do take breaks for the game and I play lots of other games too, RN I'm rocking Conker's Bad Fur Day, Apex, Overwatch, DBD, SMITE and Assassin's Creed

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

It has its moments.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited September 2020
    Options

I'll be honest: I bought it and play it because I get to play my favorite horror icons of Myers, Freddy, and Leatherface, with some Amanda and Ghostface tossed in.

I followed the game in development and beta, and in the end chose Overwatch in 2016. If it wasn't for Myers & Friends, I probably would not have bought the game; and if I did anyway, I'm certain I wouldn't have played it beyond maybe a month.

Am I saying it's a bad game? Not at all. But asymmetrical games really aren't my thing for PvP. I only have DbD (and F13) for the ability to play as those slasher icons. It isn't something I take seriously or competitively. Heck, they could add a bots mode like DbD Mobile or F13 has, and I would be fine just messing around in there.

Post edited by Kilmeran on
  • Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994
    Options

Not on console

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
    Options

Well, this was a breath of fresh air. Cheers!

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

I wouldn't be here if I didn't enjoy it lol.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

This game is fun and you have the right idea. The less serious you take it the more fun you have.

Careful suggesting this to people though they get very upset at the idea of not taking it seriously and having fun.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

Agreed with this. It's how I play most matches. I used to try go for 4k's when I first started, but it felt more stressful than anything. Now, I just throw on some random perks, maybe a couple Add-Ons for killers and go nuts. If I lose, well I had fun and I got points anyways. Even survivors start to relax in the game when they see you just messing around with them. I've had some super sweats SWF teams literally go from world record time escapes to literally messing around with me. I guess it just depends more on how the players in the match act. Personally, I could care less if someone wanted to rush out the door or not, as long as I kept it fair and fun, I consider it a win.

• TrevorLahey93
    TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 170
    Options

I do, wouldn't play if I didn't

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited September 2020
    Options

That's nice to hear, actually. One of my friends works at Riot Games and she plays LoL even when she's not working and I think it's cool to see people have that kind of passion.

Personally I'm 50/50, sometimes I enjoy the game, and sometimes I hate it so much that I told someone that I hope their dog dies and I think I even kind of meant it in the moment (its okay.... they didn't even see it, they hadn't loaded in yet). But then again, Overwatch does that to me too.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I like the game, if I didn't I would still be playing it as long as I have. 😄

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

i love this game there is no other game that makes you feel like a power house in the way dbd does it without it feeling boring. even as survivor the game can scare you sometimes but because its more about the atmosphere and it feels competitive its very playable.

BUT SCREW THE BALANCE OF THIS GAME. I love this game, i also hate it at times. mainly when you go against a swf, gen rushing, meta perk sweat group who are actually good at the game. not even spirit can reliably beat that however those are so rare it makes the game enjoyable enough to keep playing. there is also a lot of bs a killer can do but besides camping and tunneling it has never felt as frustrating as when i play killer and go against the survivors bs.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I do, it can be really stressful, but in the end of the day i can't stop playing.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Wouldn't be a regular on the forums if i didn't.

• katsumodo47
    katsumodo47 Member Posts: 54
    Options

I enjoy everything except playing killer on console cause of the terrible frame rate

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

i do. why would people play a game they dont enjoy?

i mean yeah, it has its moments where certain matches are unenjoyable, but most of the time the game is pretty fun

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I've been enjoying it less and less as the days go on.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I'm nearly 4 years in. I get pissed off with it and have issues with it a lot of the time but if I didn't love it I wouldn't still be here.

• jmaximo93
    jmaximo93 Member Posts: 122
    Options

As a survivor if I think about what I'm doing (as why am I doing gens for the 5 millionth time?) it gets boring. I have to either shut my brain off or do SWF with my crappy teammates because we laugh and have a good time. It gets boring unless your BP grinding.

Killer is fun when I don't go for pipping. All the killers are different and it feels more interactive and engaging. On the other hand losing and getting no kills bums my mood for a while.

I can play hard-core for a month then get burned out for like 2 or 3 months. It's a mixed bag. This game reminds me of a saying from Runescape people say. "You never quit, you just go afk for a while"

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options

I enjoy it so much! It's my favorite game! ☺

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179
    Options

The game is fun up to a point. There comes a certain time when you run into a player(s) that ruin the experience. Either full toxicity or through sheer ineptitude. Why even have a reporting system if no actions are taken place until all 4 people take a vote. Problem with random groups is people just don't care too much and move on. And it ruins the game for those who do care. Then there comes the issue or glitches. After 4 years and many of the core game mechanics staying the same. You'd think they would have the kinks worked out. Nothing more infuriating that being on a good team, getting second hooked...and after a few seconds of button mashing the game/entity decides you're not worthy and kills you anyway. And last but not least is lack of game play choices. Again 4 years have passed. There needs to be more variety instead of survival/ custom games. Perhaps make a Mario party style race to do gens or have a huge map with 2 killers and 8 survivors.

Other than the mentioned above I will say I enjoy the game in a fun SWF or as a killer getting a decent 3-4K per game.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634
    Options

I love it and I hate it at the same time

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I love it.

Sure there are frustrating moments. And I do mean HUGELY frustrating.

But the love remains.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I enjoy it plenty. If I didn't, I wouldn't play it. Once in a while I do get tilted, but I just shrug it off afterwards. You gotta get outplayed sometimes, or what's the point in the game? If it was that easy I wouldn't enjoy it. I think the biggest mistake you can make though is engaging in arguments in post game chat. Just let whoever be vent to themselves and move on to your next match. It's just a game.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

When this game fires on all cylinders it is an absolute blast to play! But the utter crap matchmaking prevents it from being any fun. I can accept a loss just as easily as I can accept a win, but when I'm matched against people far more experienced than me, then that's when I have a problem.

• Inferno427
    Inferno427 Member Posts: 232
    Options

It's a pretty fun game. I wouldn't play it if it wasn't and if I complain, it's out of love

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

I only play it because there's no current substitute, and I've already wasted so much time on it that I feel obligated to make the wasted time mean something...

no, I don't truly enjoy it as it is. My experiences are always unfulfilling, and the updates always seem to disappoint (eg. the new graphics compared to the moonlight and textures in 2016. Not saying 2016 was objectively better, but it sure does look a lot better in screenshots and some videos).

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

I love the gameplay, love the design and the killers are super cool

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

When the game works as intended, I love it. When matchmaking is busted, or the opposite team is doing their best to make your life miserable, or a gam breaking bug happens, then it's an infuriating mess.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

It can be a real blast at times Lately it’s felt more like a chore because the rift seems to take forever to fill up. I’m coming up on time for another extended break.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

I still enjoy this game very much I have other games to play when I can't take it anymore tho.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

Want a game like dbd only MORE toxic? try Deceit, it's free to play on Steam XD

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227
    edited September 2020
    Options

I genuinely really enjoy the game. That being said, despite having over 500 hours played - which is ultimately low in the grand scheme of other hardcore players - I still perpetually feel like I'm constantly grinding Bloodpoints. Not even trying to prestige or get all perks on all Survivors/Killers. Just getting all perks on ONE Survivor/Killer, without prestiging anyone. It just feels neverending. I can only imagine what it's like for new players nowadays.

Play Killer & use BBQ & pudding - always. Play Survivor, use WGLF & Cake - always. Even with all the free Bloodpoints, dailies & now Redeem Codes, it's like... a million BP isn't even much in the grand scheme.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I don't enjoy it when people come in with the competitive mindset. It is literally the opposite of a competitive game, why is everyone abusing every disgusting thing they can? The game is already unbalanced, can't we just play and have fun? But no, every single match of killer for the last week (except 2 from Tuesday at 1am and 120 respectively, and I'm not kidding, I've been getting this so much I actually took note of the 2 times it didn't happen) has been against 2×2SWF, 3SWFor 4SWF. Every team has been ultra co-ordinated and I never keep any pressure. Sometimes I win, usually I destroy them in chases and they win by default (second chances and gen speeds).

Then I go play survivor and it's way more chill, I can just mess around and have fun. I can run what I want, do what I want. I pop 2 gens and leave the rest for my team while I go heal, loot, cleanse totems, and flash my butt at the killer for some fun chases.

I get the survivor complaints. I do. But even 5 mori's in a row doesnt hurt as much as 5 full parties, meta perks, medkits, toolboxes and keys, at least not to me.

So no, I'm not having fun as killer, not any more. I'm getting too many tryhards that wreck my non-tryharding arse, or wreck my tryharding arse via gens and second chances. Survivor, on the other hand, is a joyful vacation that I'm cashing in on til the new chapter comes out.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options
  • Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

I have a love-hate relationship with it where I love the gameplay itself but hate the players, community, the developers, their balancing etc.

• TheeclumsyNinja
    TheeclumsyNinja Member Posts: 283
    Options

Survivor is fine but i prefer killer, i just hate how survivor favoured the game is.

killers need to play a near perfect game against top survivors, its stupid stressful.

A 20 second chase could cost you an entire match.

They desperately need to increase gen times, they nerfed them by like 5 seconds recently but thats not even noticeable.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

When the stars align and you get a game where you have an opponent(s) around your skill level where it feels like it could go either way for most of the match, good teammates (if applicable), no one's brought any seriously unfun sh1t and there's no serious bugs or optimisation fails throughout the match then yes it's the best, win or lose.